Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: If we take a QB in draft WHO ???

Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan Matt Ryan

I have a hard-on for Matt Ryan.

I like Colt Brennen. The only concern with him is that he plays in warm weather.
    You mean other than the fact that every other Hawaii QB who's looked completely dominant in cfb has shown to be nothing but a system QB in the NFL?

I think we may need 40 times on these guys first. I'm going to wait until the combine before making my total mind up.
    Kyle Boller looked pretty good in the combine...

- C -

To early for me, but right now,it has to be brohm. But as stinger said, we will need someone who can run or have brady pocket awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    To early for me, but right now,it has to be brohm. But as stinger said, we will need someone who can run or have brady pocket awareness.
    Tom Brady gets his pocket awareness from being able to sit in a pocket regularly.

Baltimore Ravens QB's get a pocket "on occasion".

Who in this class of QB's is the most mobile, to the point of almost being a hybrid running back? That is who we need to look at.

And while some may be thinking I'm being sarcastic, I am not. I am being extremely serious.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Also, absolutely ZERO chance Dixon gets drafted above the third round. It was iffy before his injury, and now he has a torn ACL he needs to rehab. And he still might play baseball. A lot of scouts don't think his game projects well at all.
    Good, lets get Dixon late in the 4th or 5th round....he's gonna sit next year anyway, so let him rehab and learn the O. He is the most mobile of the top 10 qb's in next years draft and he ain't as good at baseball as he is at football.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I think we should go with McFadden.
    If he's there, definitely! I don't think he'll last that long....Jerry Jones has a hard-on for him and will probably trade up to get him.....

My dream draft would be either McFadden/Chris Long in the 1st and Dixon in the 4th or 5th....

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    Since we are asking solely about QBs, here are my favorites:

1. MATT RYAN (The best QB in this draft and its not even close).
    2. Erik Ainge (More of a project, but reminds me of Derek Anderson).
    3. Joe Flacco (Ben Rothlesberger type of QB).
    4. Dennis Dixon (But he wants to play baseball moreso than football).

Those are the only 4 QB worth getting.

Brian Brohm is overrated and all I saw was another Brian Griese.
    Andre Woodson is another Byron Leftwich. Boo.
    Colt Brennan? Please. Get real.
    I like that list. Matt Ryan is by far the best QB in this draft. Erik Ainge is also going to surprise a lot of people in the NFL. His awareness is unreal. He has the arm and the brain to be an NFL QB.

I like Colt Brennan. Forget the system crap. I don't care what system you are in. He completes 72% of his passes and throws for a million yards per game.

Granted I haven't watched more than 2 games for most of the QBs coming out this year but I don't like Eric Ainge. Matt Ryan seems OK but watching him in the Florida State lost was the first time I really watched him...and he was horrible that game.

8. Re: If we take a QB in draft WHO ???

Brohm
    Brennan=Bust.
    Dixon=stick figure not built for the NFL.

After Brohm, it is Ryan and Woodson.

<<< I like Colt Brennan. Forget the system crap. I don't care what system you are in. He completes 72% of his passes and throws for a million yards per game.

So does his back up and every other QB that has played for Jones. He throws a million bubble screens. That is why the % is high. He also throws side arm. He makes Rivers look technically sound. He has Chang written all over him. UGA gunna snot knock them.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

There is no sure science to picking a QB for the NFL.What works in college might not carry over into the NFL. I think most of the young QB's playing in the NFL now other than Romo, are struggling to get to grips with NFL defenses.

So you have 50/50 chance with any name you pick out of the hat.None of the QB's in college have impressed me in the end games running upto the bowl games. Brennan is a good argument,but wasn't Timmy Chang a pretty good Hawaii QB.He couldn't even cut it in the NFLE & CFL.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Who in this class of QB's is the most mobile, to the point of almost being a hybrid running back? That is who we need to look at.

And while some may be thinking I'm being sarcastic, I am not. I am being extremely serious.

In a non-sarcastic manner, the QB you seek out is Denis Dixon form Oregon. He is a little slower Michale VIck with a better arm.
    If you are looking for Big Ben type mobility, where escabability from the pocket is paramount, not the actual gain of yards from running, then Ryan to me, is the most likely guy to be able to escape the pocket and still make a downfield play.

I, personally, don't feel the line is as bad as you describe, and certainly don't think it will be that bad bny the tiem whomever we draft actually plays. We may have some more gwoing pains next year, but I can't imagine a sub-par line by '09. I have faith in these young kids to improve. I don't really understand why so few people do. Most of these kids are Rooks, 2nd year guys and a couple are third year guys. Chester appears to be the only one slow to progress and well, he was drafted as a high ceiling project.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    UGA gunna snot knock them.
    We'll find out won't we!?!

I think Hawaii is gonna surprise UGA in this game. Hawaii has 3 excellent WR's in Davone Bess, Jason Rivers, and Ryan Grice-Mullen. They'll spread the field and UGA won't be able to contain them......I anticipate a very high scoring and entertaining game and I think Brennan will impress a lot of people with how he plays against a good SEC team...but I could be wrong and they'll be exposed against a good team, instead of the "easy" teams they usually play......

Hawaii will get SMUSHED in the trenches, on both sides of the ball. I don't see this game being close.