Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: John McCain's Senate Speech

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Well I got to give it to him, McCain did the right thing and used his vote to match his words

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    McCain voted to glorify McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Take the time and create a bill that makes sense. Get some bipartisan agreement. Then, pass a better bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is not a chance in hell 'bi partisan support' is gonna happen. None.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    There is not a chance in hell 'bi partisan support' is gonna happen. None.
    I think there are enough Dems that would agree to amendments to the existing bill. Considering the GOP basically just tried to pass a watered down version of the ACA, I see no reason why they cant propose amendments rather than trying to rewrite healthcare.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I think there are enough Dems that would agree to amendments to the existing bill. Considering the GOP basically just tried to pass a watered down version of the ACA, I see no reason why they cant propose amendments rather than trying to rewrite healthcare.

The Democrats are never going to agree to anything that could be called a repeal of the ACA. However, if the Republicans gave up on the notion of repealing the ACA, then the Democrats would work with them to fix some of the problems with it.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

I want to thank John McCain for his intelligent vote and desire to work on improving the government healthcare. I love to death when McConnell looses. I took a job a long while ago in his home state of Kentucky and basically saw why he has kept his seat for so long. Like an educated Kentuckian I worked with said, "Kentucky and West Virginia are backwoods states. We are in the backwoods, that is why these types of leaders stay." Lastly, it is important to note that a state like KY only has a population of 4 million.

Politics = BS.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Better than the damned insurance companies.
    I can't agree with that.

The VA is one of the most dysfunctional organizations in the government and corruption is a major problem.

If the US Government can't even figure out how to run the VA, how can we possibly expect them to effectively organize and run nationalized healthcare?

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I can't agree with that.

The VA is one of the most dysfunctional organizations in the government and corruption is a major problem.

If the US Government can't even figure out how to run the VA, how can we possibly expect them to effectively organize and run nationalized healthcare?

I have the same issues with IWIF.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    What about single payer? When implemented correctly that seems to be the best option. I would support that in a heart beat
    There are many reason why a single payer healthcare system would not work in the U.S.:

1. Obesity is a major problem not seen in other developed nations to the extent that it is in the U.S. For the government to pay for those fat fucks is super expensive.

2. We lag behind the developed world when it comes to Euthanasia.

3. Other developed have panels to determine if someone's life should be sustainable or not (i.e. Great Britain with Charlie Gard).

4. Medical tort is nonexistent in most developed nations. If the doctor fucks up, you're screwed. In America, the government would be getting sued out the ass.

5. We spend way more in nursing home care. Part of that is due to a lack of euthanasia. Another part of it is that the developed world elsewhere provides a bed, some meals and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Williams View Post
    There are many reason why a single payer healthcare system would not work in the U.S.:

1. Obesity is a major problem not seen in other developed nations to the extent that it is in the U.S. For the government to pay for those fat fucks is super expensive.

2. We lag behind the developed world when it comes to Euthanasia.

3. Other developed have panels to determine if someone's life should be sustainable or not (i.e. Great Britain with Charlie Gard).

4. Medical tort is nonexistent in most developed nations. If the doctor fucks up, you're screwed. In America, the government would be getting sued out the ass.

5. We spend way more in nursing home care. Part of that is due to a lack of euthanasia. Another part of it is that the developed world elsewhere provides a bed, some meals and that's it.
    To be fair, there's a strong correlation between government dietary recommendations and obesity, so maybe being on the hook would encourage them to actually pay attention to the research instead of the sugar industry.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk