Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Kenneth Dixon knee surgery

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...a-1a2a40d97d66
    Zrebiec reports Dixon tore his meniscus while training, which usually takes 6-8 weeks for recovery, but the Ravens won’t know for sure until after he has surgery today.

Dixon has dealt with knee injuries in the past. He missed the first four games of the season last year after suffering a knee injury in the third preseason game. Prior to the injury, there was chatter that the rookie could start, but Terrance West beat veteran Justin Forsett for the job early in the season and never looked back.

As Zrebiec said, the seriousness of Dixon’s knee is unknown, but he has more than two months before he can play due to his four-game suspension.
    Torn meniscus not that significant, on the scale of knee surgeries. But obviously it's not good news either. With the suspension, he wasn't available anyway during the team he's supposed to be out. But even if it's the most minor knee surgery, it still seriously impacts his ability to participate in training camp, and build the skills he will need for the season.

This is a player I have had very high expectations for. Bummer.

Re: Kenneth Dixon knee surgery

I think perhaps covering thy ass with a contingency plan/body might be in order here.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Like a Bobby Rainey, for example.

Blog Entries

Allegedly they were going to sign Rainey before the injury. Which tells me they may not be done; still don't have a bruiser

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

That woodhead signing is proving to be an even better move now. Good work Oz and Co.

Blog Entries

Kenneth Dixon knee surgery

Just goes to show all this run first power running football talk is nonsense. It's going to be a pass first offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    That woodhead signing is proving to be an even better move now. Good work Oz and Co.
    Woodhead isn't banging up through the tackles more then a handful of times. He's here to catch balls out of the backfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Allegedly they were going to sign Rainey before the injury. Which tells me they may not be done; still don't have a bruiser
    Taliaferro is the bruiser. That's West's style, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorman82 View Post
    Taliaferro is the bruiser. That's West's style, too.
    Taliaferro is also working out more at Fullback and in my opinion is still a longshot to make this roster as an actual between the tackles runner.

I think this sets back Dixon's contribution until at least the second half of the season, and I'd say its possible he's just not a significant contributor to this team this year. And if he doesn't contribute much, I fully expect the FO to take a good, long look at bellcow-type ball carries early in next years draft.

West should handle primary ball carrier duties, with Woodhead getting maybe a handful of carries a game and handling what I'm sure will be a ton of pass catching work.

I agree with Goode and others... there's been very little by way of personnel changes I've seen this offseason to indicate this team is going to be any more committed to running the ball as they have been the last few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Taliaferro is also working out more at Fullback and in my opinion is still a longshot to make this roster as an actual between the tackles runner.

I think this sets back Dixon's contribution until at least the second half of the season, and I'd say its possible he's just not a significant contributor to this team this year. And if he doesn't contribute much, I fully expect the FO to take a good, long look at bellcow-type ball carries early in next years draft.

West should handle primary ball carrier duties, with Woodhead getting maybe a handful of carries a game and handling what I'm sure will be a ton of pass catching work.

I agree with Goode and others... there's been very little by way of personnel changes I've seen this offseason to indicate this team is going to be any more committed to running the ball as they have been the last few seasons.
    From what I'm reading, there are two reasons that the Ravens are happy with the RBs they have:

1. According to PFF, Dixon was the #3 rated rookie RB in the NFL last year. You can bet the Ravens are anxious to see what he can do with a year's experience behind him. I'm betting he ends up getting most of the carries by the end of the season.
    2. Both Dixon and West had good yards after contact last year. Much better than the Ravens have had in previous years.

I think it's a bit unreasonable to assume the Ravens would acquire someone like Maclin and then also go get a top running back. Especially when the backs they had are looking good.

As far as Taliaferro is concerned, I'm betting he makes the team because he has proved he can run the ball well and catch out of the backfield. The only thing that will prevent him from making the team is if he can't block well enough.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I dont know. I think West is a pretty physical back.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Why don't we bring Tre Mason in for a look? I remember him being a great running back but had some personal issues. Could be a nice second chance story.