Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: SI:s All time draft

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I'll play. But only if I can be the idiot who takes Ray Guy in the first round.
    You're really not happy about that eh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

This was a truly interesting premise and well written and presented. But it was ruined by Dan Fouts trying to be clever and 'making a point' and taking a punter, regardless of who that punter is. Sure it's only a bit of fun, but if he's that worried about having to punt, create an incredible offence with the all time talent available so he wont need to punt!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    You're really not happy about that eh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not keeping me up at night or anything. The exercise is pretty meaningless.

But if we had someone in our mock draft who was a Maryland grad, and decided he was just going to pick a Terp each time he picked, it would ruin the whole exercise for everyone.

That's how I feel about Fouts. If you're going to participate, take it seriously. The guy actually gets paid for this shit. I'm not sure what he was trying to prove.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Would have been nice to have a write up about each player by the guy who picked him, although I get that's a lot of players and writing. Admittedly I wouldn't read it all. But as someone who was a passive fan in the mid 80's and only got really into it when the Ravens came to Baltimore, there are a bunch of names I don't even recognize. And even the legendary ones I know of I didn't see play other than highlight reels.