Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 62
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    harco md
    Posts
    177

    Re: Best player ever to suit up for Ravens



    How can this not be ray?





  2. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    4,831
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Best player ever to suit up for Ravens

    Drafted and played majority of career with Ravens, for me it's Ed Reed.

    Taken literally, I'd probably agree with Deion, but even then...Reed is the best player ever at his position. So no, it would still be Reed to me.





  3. #15

    Re: Best player ever to suit up for Ravens

    Deion was very good, granted. But Deion was not the overall dominant player in his era as Ray was. JO was one of the best as his position. So were Dan Dierdorf, Orlando Pace, Anthony Muñoz, and Art Shell. Point is: Deion and JO were among the best, but not singularly as was Ray Lewis. Butkus and Singletary were great, but Lewis was superior - far superior.

    Ray Lewis, and it's not even close!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).





  4. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    near Asheville, NC
    Posts
    533

    Re: Best player ever to suit up for Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    If it's Best overall career not just with Ravens ....Deion Sanders. Hands down. If it's drafted by and played career with Ravens ...Ray Lewis
    Ray > Deion.





  5. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    near Asheville, NC
    Posts
    533

    Re: Best player ever to suit up for Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Deion was very good, granted. But Deion was not the overall dominant player in his era as Ray was. JO was one of the best as his position. So were Dan Dierdorf, Orlando Pace, Anthony Muñoz, and Art Shell. Point is: Deion and JO were among the best, but not singularly as was Ray Lewis. Butkus and Singletary were great, but Lewis was superior - far superior.

    Ray Lewis, and it's not even close!
    Well, he dominated in one phase, the main phase of the game for his position -- coverage. He could not nor would not tackle or blitz or do anything else. Ray dominated in all phases of the game.

    Shout out to Rod Woodson, who had 18 more INT, 12.5 more sacks and 556 more tackles than Prime. OK seven less career TD. Prime was the better returner and caught three TD as a WR.
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 07-16-2017 at 07:50 PM.





  6. #18

    Re: Best player ever to suit up for Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by rararavens View Post
    How can this not be ray?
    So quick to write off Ed Reed? Or even Ogden?

    While not necessarily a requirement to be the best "Raven", you could make a case that Ogden and especially Ed are the best player at their position EVER. You could make that case for Ray too, but I think its actually a bit more difficult case to make.

    Ogden's career getting cut a little short probably keeps him from being #1 in my eyes.

    I'd vote Ed with Ray a very close second. Wouldn't argue with picking any of them quite frankly.





  7. #19

    Re: Best player ever to suit up for Ravens

    Saying that Deion is the best player to suit up for the Ravens is like saying that Ed Reed is the best player to suit up for the Texans and Jets.





  8. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,330

    Re: Best player ever to suit up for Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Saying that Deion is the best player to suit up for the Ravens is like saying that Ed Reed is the best player to suit up for the Texans and Jets.
    That's what I felt too when I saw Deion.
    “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.”
    – Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  9. #21

    Re: Best player ever to suit up for Ravens

    Fellas...let's not get blinded by our Purple Love. Sanders invented "shut down" corner. He single handedly took away half the field. And returned punts on Special Teams.
    I'll give you he was passed his "Prime" when he came here but still.
    As for all this Ray is the best ever...please. You've never watched LT play? Singletary?
    I know I said Ray as my choice , but let's face it ..he was and still is the face of the franchise.
    After further thought I think I'd pick Reed. He may be the greatest SS of all time. He holds all the records. Holds all the numbers.





  10. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,330

    Re: Best player ever to suit up for Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Fellas...let's not get blinded by our Purple Love. Sanders invented "shut down" corner. He single handedly took away half the field. And returned punts on Special Teams.
    I'll give you he was passed his "Prime" when he came here but still.
    As for all this Ray is the best ever...please. You've never watched LT play? Singletary?
    I know I said Ray as my choice , but let's face it ..he was and still is the face of the franchise.
    After further thought I think I'd pick Reed. He may be the greatest SS of all time. He holds all the records. Holds all the numbers.
    Ray Lewis is the best inside linebacker to play in the National Football League. Period. Full Stop.
    “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.”
    – Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  11. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    5,630

    Re: Best player ever to suit up for Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    One thing that should be qualified - is it their time as Ravens or someone that was great, but not in their prime as a Raven?

    Personally, it should be during their time as a Raven. Which would obvioulsy narrow it down to JO, Ray and Ed.
    Actually, he did qualify it as he wanted to, it's his thread. Not calling you out, but he had a specific point and it wasn't who played the best in a Ravens uniform, it was who was the best football player that ever played for the Ravens even if their best ball was elsewhere.

    Frankly, I thought this was going to be a repeat of a myriad of threads but his twist on it made it a bit fresh.

    And,

    RAY LEWIS. No question.





  12. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    5,630

    Re: Best player ever to suit up for Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Deion Sanders was retirement age when he postponed retirement and signed with the Ravens, he had already played 15 years in the NFL.
    He wasn't even the 4th best Raven on the team in 2004 ....

    Best all time player, who ever was seen in a Ravens uniform? I dunno did Johnny U ever were one for publicity?

    On a sane note Lewis, Suggs, Reed, and JO were all on that 2004 team
    Again, it isn't who played the best ball FOR THE RAVENS. It is who had the best career even if they suited up for the Ravens, even if briefly and when not at their best.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland