Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: This Mob Mentality against Law Enforcement is getting on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    How do I say this? Well....duh!

I said he panicked and overreacted and that is why he shot, not that it was justification for shooting.
    Ah I misread. I thought you were using it as a mitigating factor.

I should have known better, given it was from you!
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Ah I misread. I thought you were using it as a mitigating factor.

I should have known better, given it was from you!

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    The Castile shooting was one. He had a carry permit, told the officer he had a gun, and was still shot. I, personally, think the jury got that one way wrong.
    This is one thing that i dont think people normally bring up. Cops have to go to court for this and a trial judged by their peers decide. So when cops are ruled not guilty, people need to understand that only the jury got to see all the facts of the case and they made their best judgement call. Sadly, as soon as it goes the opposite of what people want the word racism gets thrown out way to early and too often. Im not saying juries are always right, clearly, but they are the ones deciding these cases.

The cop panicked and overreacted. But that one was not that straight forward. Castile did not follow proper procedure as someone who was licensed to carry. The combination of his actions and a panicky cop led to that shooting.

They might have got a conviction with a bit of a lesser charge IMO. But the problem is what about that shooting was criminal?
    It never is as straight forward as it looks imo, but how are you sure Castile didnt follow proper procedures without being able to see inside the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    I keep hearing compliance and while I agree that everyone should follow every direction given by a law enforcement offacial...it's not a perfect world and there is a such thing as escalation of force. When unarmed civilians are being gunned down we have a problem.
    There is a miss-conception with the word "unarmed:" Many of those situations escalate to a shooting because the "unarmed" civilian was reaching for the officer's gun, a weapon nearby, and even people hit from stray bullets in a shootout. I am glad you said unarmed civilians and not blacks, this is a problem for everyone.

While I obviously agree there is a problem. But Police Officers are human, they make mistakes, all of us do, I have never been a black man to go through the racism they have so obviously i cant speak on the trouble of when complying, but i myself never have had a problem when i complied. The issue becomes when does a civilian have the right to protect themselves from a police officer?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    It never is as straight forward as it looks imo, but how are you sure Castile didnt follow proper procedures without being able to see inside the car?
    Dash cam video

Dash cam video
    In Castile's car?

Blog Entries

In Castile's car?
    No, the police car. You can hear what happened.

No, the police car. You can hear what happened.
    I know, i watched it, i was going to use it to make a point that could of benefited either party. For all we know, when the cop said dont reach for it ad Castile said he's not....maybe he was. Maybe he was reaching for his wallet in the center console, but how that looks to a cop that knows he has a firearm is an obvious threat. You can turn it around on the cop and say maybe he is racist and Castile was reaching but he just wanted to shoot him, which seems to be the logic of any SJW, but i just wanting to point out, we don't know exactly what happened.

I think judging a situation from a dash cam 20 feet behind the altercation leaves too many questions that cant be answered, hence why cops are now starting to wear body cams.

Blog Entries

I know, i watched it, i was going to use it to make a point that could of benefited either party. For all we know, when the cop said dont reach for it ad Castile said he's not....maybe he was. Maybe he was reaching for his wallet in the center console, but how that looks to a cop that knows he has a firearm is an obvious threat. You can turn it around on the cop and say maybe he is racist and Castile was reaching but he just wanted to shoot him, which seems to be the logic of any SJW, but i just wanting to point out, we don't know exactly what happened.

I think judging a situation from a dash cam 20 feet behind the altercation leaves too many questions that cant be answered, hence why cops are now starting to wear body cams.
    Well I can say this about what Castile should have done.

When the cop came up his hands should have been on the wheel. He then should have said officer I need to inform you I am licensed to carry and am currently armed, the firearm is located X, and move only/if instructed so the cop can disarm you if he chooses to. That didn't happen.

The cop came up said why he was stopping him, asked for license, registration etc. Castile handed one of those to him and then said I need to inform you I'm armed (he didn't say legally, he didn't say where the gun was). And based of what Castile, his girlfriend and the cop said, seemed like at the moment he went to get the other paperwork/license. The cop said "okay" in response to him saying he was armed and as Castile motioned for said paperwork/license the cop clearly panicked said "don't reach for it", Casitle should have stopped IMMEDITALY until further instructed on what to do. Instead he just said "I'm not" and continued to move while the cop becoming more panicked shouted don't reach for it a few more times.

Now, the cop IMO if he felt as threatened as he seemed, should have pulled his firearm and ready to shoot. Instead he overreacted in panicked shooting Castile. However, since he had a reasonable fear jury let him off.

Well I can say this about what Castile should have done.

When the cop came up his hands should have been on the wheel. He then should have said officer I need to inform you I am licensed to carry and am currently armed, the firearm is located X, and move only/if instructed so the cop can disarm you if he chooses to. That didn't happen.

The cop came up said why he was stopping him, asked for license, registration etc. Castile handed one of those to him and then said I need to inform you I'm armed (he didn't say legally, he didn't say where the gun was). And based of what Castile, his girlfriend and the cop said, seemed like at the moment he went to get the other paperwork/license. The cop said "okay" in response to him saying he was armed and as Castile motioned for said paperwork/license the cop clearly panicked said "don't reach for it", Casitle should have stopped IMMEDITALY until further instructed on what to do. Instead he just said "I'm not" and continued to move while the cop becoming more panicked shouted don't reach for it a few more times.

Now, the cop IMO if he felt as threatened as he seemed, should have pulled his firearm and ready to shoot. Instead he overreacted in panicked shooting Castile. However, since he had a reasonable fear jury let him off.
    I agree with everything you said. When i lived in FL i always carried a Sig P238, when i would get pulled over i would just put both hands out the window to make sure there is no chance the LEO could think i was reaching.

Blog Entries

I agree with everything you said. When i lived in FL i always carried a Sig P238, when i would get pulled over i would just put both hands out the window to make sure there is no chance the LEO could think i was reaching.
    I haven't been pulled over when I've carried, but I've thought about doing that. I've just wondered if it would set off alarm bells with the cop, like... "holy shit, this guy is expecting trouble.... what's he up to" :)

Blog Entries

I think that this "mob mentality for law enforcement officials" needs to pick up more steam until these so called honest cops begin to hold the bad apples accountable.

Coming to light yesterday, yet another example of fine police work in our very own charm city.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcne...-drugs-n784561

And if you haven't read this, again I suggest you give it a look over. It even speaks to how black cops are complicit in this racist police culture in this country.

https://www.vox.com/2015/5/28/866197...police-officer

Blog Entries