Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Remaining Free Agents

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    And GOTA that's why Kap is out of a job, because of the repercussions of his actions, it shouldn't be that way because people have fought and died for us to do those kind of things, sure somethings you just can't do or say especially if it's linked to common sense thinking, but on some situations people feel compelled to make a stand then they know what will be coming next, they shouldn't be persecuted for it but that's how the cookie crumbles. The NFL is big on military and honoring military and this country Kap will never play another down of football again because he stands up for what he believes in publicly and that goes against what the NFL believes in publicly. It is what it is...I reserve my judgement on all that because I like everyone here and want to keep it that way lol.
    I know you wrote that you didn't want to post about this but I'm glad you did. It's important to hear all sorts of opinions on this issue. I don't think it's going away. Kaep may be gone but eventually someone else will do something similar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I know you wrote that you didn't want to post about this but I'm glad you did. It's important to hear all sorts of opinions on this issue. I don't think it's going away. Kaep may be gone but eventually someone else will do something similar.
    no doubt G and this is why I love this place man as much times we all post here daily we have given looks into our personal lives from time to time and I consider all you guys my internet family so we can talk about anything no holds barred at times, we disagree, we fight, argue and even cuss but we always come back together at RSR in the name of the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    I don't think we are sure about who we will get because that player probably hasn't been cut yet.

It may be more difficult this year since there no longer are two cut down dates to the 53, just one massive cut.

Means whomever we get is going to have to learn the offense, because they will be arriving just at the start of the season.

Seems to me that says no center (unless Mangold is signed earlier), and that we are probably looking for a RT ...

They seem reluctant to consider Alex Lewis @ RT and someone out of Siragusa, whoever doesn't get the nod @ C (Jensen or Urschel),

or Eluemoor @ LG. I guess they think an additional RT is more possible, and they want Lewis & Yanda bracketing our new [in-house] center.

on the A gaps

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    And GOTA that's why Kap is out of a job, because of the repercussions of his actions, it shouldn't be that way because people have fought and died for us to do those kind of things, sure somethings you just can't do or say especially if it's linked to common sense thinking, but on some situations people feel compelled to make a stand then they know what will be coming next, they shouldn't be persecuted for it but that's how the cookie crumbles. The NFL is big on military and honoring military and this country Kap will never play another down of football again because he stands up for what he believes in publicly and that goes against what the NFL believes in publicly. It is what it is...I reserve my judgement on all that because I like everyone here and want to keep it that way lol.
    And with this generally being common knowledge Kapernick himself made this choice. Everybody knows how big the league is on military appreciation with all the celebrations and things they do to honor our military.
    Everybody knows how big the military is on the flag, the anthem and everything it stands for.
    Kaepernick made the decision himself to bring on the consequences he is suffering now by doing what he did regardless of whether he has the right to do it or not. (He has that right BTW)
    My opinion on Kaepernicks decision goes one of two ways here.
    A) He's an idiot that didn't think the repercussions would be as severe as they have been for doing what he did.
    B) He thought he was above the scrutiny he's receiving because of who he is.

Neither of those choices qualifies him to be excused from his actions warranting me turning a blinds eye and wanting him on this team based on his on field performance which hasn't been anything to write home about either.

Like GOTA said....none of us would survive in the real world of employment in most cases for taking a stance on a highly charged subject like this so why should Kaepernick?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    And with this generally being common knowledge Kapernick himself made this choice. Everybody knows how big the league is on military appreciation with all the celebrations and things they do to honor our military.
    Everybody knows how big the military is on the flag, the anthem and everything it stands for.
    Kaepernick made the decision himself to bring on the consequences he is suffering now by doing what he did regardless of whether he has the right to do it or not. (He has that right BTW)
    A) He's an idiot that didn't think the repercussions would be as severe as they have been for doing what he did.

Neither of those choices qualifies him to be excused from his actions warranting me turning a blinds eye and wanting him on this team based on his on field performance which hasn't been anything to write home about either.

Like GOTA said....none of us would survive in the real world of employment in most cases for taking a stance on a highly charged subject like this so why should Kaepernick?
    Agreed 100% Fan, he made that choice and knew the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post

Well sort of.

For starters, if we're comparing apples to apples, I don't know many people who have jobs that require them to stand for the national anthem at their job. The fact that its even done at a sporting event has always been a bit of a head scratcher to me, but that's a different convo.

Fact is that there are thousands of people who maintain employment that take very political, sometimes polarizing stances on subject matters. The only difference between those two is that Kaepernick is a "celebrity" who is on TV, and Joe Schmo isn't. Joe Schmo can post political rants all over his social media and say practically whatever he wants, and unless his employer is actively looking for these things (most don't), then nothing will ever happen to him.

Put it this way... if I went to my son's Little League Baseball game, and decided to take a knee during the national anthem, it wouldn't even make the local paper of a small town, let alone get TV coverage. Sure, some parents would be appalled by this, but they're appalled by a lot of meaningless things in their lives, and ultimately their opinion doesn't matter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Well sort of.

For starters, if we're comparing apples to apples, I don't know many people who have jobs that require them to stand for the national anthem at their job. The fact that its even done at a sporting event has always been a bit of a head scratcher to me, but that's a different convo.

Fact is that there are thousands of people who maintain employment that take very political, sometimes polarizing stances on subject matters. The only difference between those two is that Kaepernick is a "celebrity" who is on TV, and Joe Schmo isn't. Joe Schmo can post political rants all over his social media and say practically whatever he wants, and unless his employer is actively looking for these things (most don't), then nothing will ever happen to him.

Put it this way... if I went to my son's Little League Baseball game, and decided to take a knee during the national anthem, it wouldn't even make the local paper of a small town, let alone get TV coverage. Sure, some parents would be appalled by this, but they're appalled by a lot of meaningless things in their lives, and ultimately their opinion doesn't matter.
    true as well...a lot of different paradigms here we could speak on when it comes to Kap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    They seem reluctant to consider Alex Lewis @ RT and someone out of Siragusa, whoever doesn't get the nod @ C (Jensen or Urschel),

or Eluemoor @ LG. I guess they think an additional RT is more possible, and they want Lewis & Yanda bracketing our new [in-house] center.

on the A gaps
    I'm holding on to the assumption that they haven't moved Lewis to RT yet because it would serve no benefit. He's played the position his whole life before last year, and OTAs/minicamp is mostly mental for O-lineman since there's no real contact. Lewis didn't really need the reps. This gives the rookies more time to focus on the playbook I guess. I'm hoping that with contact just around the corner, we'll see that switch for Lewis and get a true Mauler like Siragusa in at LG (Lewis is no mauler at all).

In terms of the Kaep talk, I've seen more than one person say the NFL is big on the anthem/military and that just sounds false to me. The NFL is being paid to be big on them. They didn't really care all that much prior to receiving a few million per year to be patriotic. Kaepernick's issue isn't that he upset the NFL. Both the league and the 49ers specifically have said they have no issue with what he does/did and the 49ers have flat out said he was never a distraction. His issue is the fan, the individual people who are subconsciously upset that he protested something they don't understand because they don't experience it.

There hasn't been one protest of social injustice that didn't receive hate. Rams players once came out the tunnel with their hands up, no disrespect to the flag/anthem/anything and if you'd have read comments on those articles you'd think they came out the tunnel while punching babies. Kaep called out and challenged the status quo and received so much hate for it that NFL teams know they'll lose money if he joins their squad. Meanwhile, Tyreek Hill (for example) once punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach and choked her out.........but that's more forgivable than kneeling
    Last edited by purple_city39; 07-13-2017 at 01:33 PM. Reason: missing words

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Well sort of.

My problem is to be honest as much as I love the NFL their appreciation for the military for the teams is based on money as the military pays them to do so(not necessarily players and coaches). As a person in the spotlight it should be ok for them to take a stance on thing because they have a higher platform. I think to stifle his freedom of speech stifles what its all really about. People should be mad at why he didn't stand not the fact that he didn't.
    Last edited by iceman43; 07-13-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Also Kap is better than most of the backups that had been signed and that's fact. The fact that he is not signed is very political and that's a shame. if you don't stand for nothing you fall for anything

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    Also Kap is better than most of the backups that had been signed and that's fact. The fact that he is not signed is very political and that's a shame. if you don't stand for nothing you fall for anything
    coming from our Vet.

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    I'm holding on to the assumption that they haven't moved Lewis to RT yet because it would serve no benefit. He's played the position his whole life before last year, and OTAs/minicamp is mostly mental for O-lineman since there's no real contact. Lewis didn't really need the reps. This gives the rookies more time to focus on the playbook I guess. I'm hoping that with contact just around the corner, we'll see that switch for Lewis and get a true Mauler like Siragusa in at LG (Lewis is no mauler at all).

In terms of the Kaep talk, I've seen more than one person say the NFL is big on the anthem/military and that just sounds false to me. The NFL is being paid to be big on them. They didn't really care all that much prior to receiving a few million per year to be patriotic. Kaepernick's issue isn't that he upset the NFL. Both the league and the 49ers specifically have said they have no issue with what he does/did and the 49ers have flat out said he was never a distraction. His issue is the fan, the individual people who are subconsciously upset that he protested something they don't understand because they don't experience it.

There hasn't been one protest of social injustice that didn't receive hate. Rams players once came out the tunnel with their hands up, no disrespect to the flag/anthem/anything and if you'd have read comments on those articles you'd think they came out the tunnel while punching babies. Kaep called out and challenged the status quo and received so much hate for it that NFL teams know they'll lose money if he joins their squad. Meanwhile, Tyreek Hill (for example) once punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach and choked her out.........but that's more forgivable than kneeling
    So true my brother.