Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 151617
    Blog Entries

Re: Remaining Free Agents

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    The only problem is at last count, they will have already paid like 44 million for some stats and a guy they may not be totally behind. That seems like insanity.
    All for a 9 win and and 8 win season and no post season wins. Typical Redksins. Snyder loves to spend money without spend success.

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    I believe as of last season the NFL no longer charges the military for their pre-game productions. I know they refunded back like $700K or whatever it was last season when the budget cycle came out and the public realized that the Government was paying millions every year to the NFL for that.
    Hand caught in the cookie jar.

The NFL checks a lot of boxes next to "stereotypical big evil corporation", doesn't it?

Blog Entries

Snyder is an idiot.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Snyder is an idiot.
    Breaking News: Water is wet

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Snyder is an idiot.
    Yeah that was brutal
    either get your guy locked up or get something for him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Breaking News: Water is wet
    He is, but the main culprit in this case is Bruce Allen, who is not merely incompetent as a personnel guy (he managed contracts before being put in charge of the FO, another classic Snyder hiring decision), but also defensive and highly insecure in his role.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.ca16163fe655

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yeah that was brutal
    either get your guy locked up or get something for him
    Not brutal for Cousins. He's laughing all the way to the bank. $44 mil guaranteed money in 2 years, then he walks in 2018 and gets his long term deal with another team. I will never complain about Ozzie again. I promise! lol
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Hand caught in the cookie jar.

The NFL checks a lot of boxes next to "stereotypical big evil corporation", doesn't it?
    I mean I guess, though I'd say its more indicative of the BS our Federal Government spends their money on than anything.

Its a two party agreement after all. So not only did the NFL not have a problem taking those kinds of funds, our Federal Government thought that doing military presentations before games was also so important that they were willing to spend millions on it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Not brutal for Cousins. He's laughing all the way to the bank. $44 mil guaranteed money in 2 years, then he walks in 2018 and gets his long term deal with another team. I will never complain about Ozzie again. I promise! lol
    ^ This...

People cry about Joe, but if he had the same cast for a bit and a steady Offensive coordinator, he'd be fine. And worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    ^ This...

People cry about Joe, but if he had the same cast for a bit and a steady Offensive coordinator, he'd be fine. And worth the money.
    He also could have gone down a similar path. Could have rejected the offer from the team and decided to play it out on the franchise tag after the SB....well I guess not, whole different kind of leverage for both Joe and the Ravens FO. Winning the SB MVP actually probably went a long way towards making the negotiations easier. Joe pulls up in the MVP car....Pat and Ozzie walk past the new shiny trophy in the case with their checkbook in hand....

Cousins playing pretty well coupled with the Redskins still not breaking through with major playoff success made both sides dig in their heels and 44 million dollars later, here they are.

Blog Entries

The issue is that in Joe's case, he proved that he was clutch and could lead a team to a title. It was a team effort, but he was the key reason for that title. Cousins hasn't proven that. Joe leaving Baltimore would have put him on a team that places more emphasis on building around the QB. His stats would have likely increased significantly. Even after an 8-8 2013, he would have been paid serious coin on the open market.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore