Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast

Remaining Free Agents

I know Steve Bisciotti said we're saving "one last bullet" for something on the offensive line, so I don't expect any splash signings, but I was just wondering what you all thought would be some good FA pick ups? I used this list: http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubh.../fa/free-agent

In particular, some guys I think would fit well:
    • Kaepernick for backup QB because of the Greg Roman connection, assuming the price is right
    • DeAngelo Williams as a bruiser/goal-line back. I think he did great filling in for Bell last year and we could use him in a LaGarrette Blount type role. 4 RBs is a bit much, but I think he's enough of a playmaker to warrant it and he compliments the others well.
    • Vincent Jackson for endzone target. I don't know why he's still unsigned, but having a 6'5" receiver with good hands, even if he's lost some speed, would be helpful given the uncertainty at tight end. He missed last year with an ACL.
    • Nick Mangold, enough has been said about him already. Health is the main concern.
    • Mario Williams, because hey, why not? I also like Dwight Freeney but I think we have a good stable of young pass rushers.
    • Rey Maualuga in case Correa doesn't pan out as hoped. Or possibly bring back Daryl Smith.
    • Leon Hall or Corey Graham because Jimmy's going to go down at some point and we don't know if Marlon will be ready to step in and we need to save Webb for slot (in case Canady or Boykin don't work out) or back up safety duties.

Blog Entries

Re: Remaining Free Agents

O line only. Preferably Mangold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Mangold is the only one that has my interest.

Mangold. or Clady
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

None of the above

Blog Entries

I don't think we are sure about who we will get because that player probably hasn't been cut yet.

It may be more difficult this year since there no longer are two cut down dates to the 53, just one massive cut.

Means whomever we get is going to have to learn the offense, because they will be arriving just at the start of the season.

Seems to me that says no center (unless Mangold is signed earlier), and that we are probably looking for a RT ...

right now so much depends on a rookie making a big enough impression that an older overpriced veteran is jettisoned .... the DucasseS should be there. Vladimir was not on our 53 at the start of the season but brought back on Oct 11th as injuries started mounting.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

None of the above. If I thought Mangold's ankle would hold up, I'd consider him. But I think he's damaged goods at this point. The only guy I'd consider signing is the RT that used to play for the Browns. To borrow a baseball stat/analogy, he's probably a replacement level player, but I think the guys we'd be running out there now are probably worse than replacement level.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Why would we be looking to upgrade at backup QB? If Joe goes down, do you think there's anybody on the market that could even have a shot at keeping the ship afloat?

Me personally, if we see another 2015 in terms of half the season missed by our starting QB, I want the ship to sink. I'm not interested in going 7-9 or 8-8 with a backup. I'm talking 4-12 at that point.

I'd rather take the top 5-10 draft pick then pretend like Kaepernick would make us a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Why would we be looking to upgrade at backup QB? If Joe goes down, do you think there's anybody on the market that could even have a shot at keeping the ship afloat?

Me personally, if we see another 2015 in terms of half the season missed by our starting QB, I want the ship to sink. I'm not interested in going 7-9 or 8-8 with a backup. I'm talking 4-12 at that point.

I'd rather take the top 5-10 draft pick then pretend like Kaepernick would make us a contender.
    I defintiely wouldn't spend money on it.

Mallett, Kap, potato, potato.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    None of the above. If I thought Mangold's ankle would hold up, I'd consider him. But I think he's damaged goods at this point. The only guy I'd consider signing is the RT that used to play for the Browns. To borrow a baseball stat/analogy, he's probably a replacement level player, but I think the guys we'd be running out there now are probably worse than replacement level.
    After looking into Pasztor more, he really only played well at OG.

I really don't think there's a RT on the market that makes sense. Clady is likely a no-go. Franklin is interesting because he performed poorly at OG on the Chargers, but was good on the Broncos as a RT.

Franklin's PFF grades:

- Ray Lewis

Assuming Mangold is still hurt... I'm ready to sit tight and wait for The Turk to add to the list.

Blog Entries

wonder what D Williams would cost? That cat can still ball. Not sure why he is still going, he's made like a trillion dollars

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!