Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Who would you jettisom to get KO back?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    No. Osemele is over-rated on this board. He was priced out to a team with the biggest cap hole in the NFL that was earned through years of sucktitude. See ya!
    There is some damn bro-mance with that dude. Time for the next 3rd-4th round pick to step up and earn a spot on the Browns for a cool $15 mil-per. I'll take Brandon Williams and Jefferson, thank you. True cornerstone.
    yes, besides he is getting tackle money in Oakland.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    not much more than we paid brandon williams
    In two different years with two different cap situations...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSizzle55 View Post
    Sounds like he would have been perfect to fill the glaring RT problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Sounds like he would have been perfect to fill the glaring RT problem

If KO was here, Stanley wouldn't be, so we'd still have a RT problem most likely.

There was no scenario where we paid that level of money to KO to play anything other than LT.

Blog Entries

And you better believe that as soon as they need him to, that's where he'll be playing. Which would have been the same case here making Guard money.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I am not really sure how this question can be answered this early into the contract. There are so many movable pieces that have not yet played out; including KO's durability during the term of the contract. At the time, the money was a factor, but I had questions about the future injury potential. I am not comfortable evaluating the deal that keeps KO here and impacts other players with the cap space until we know how it plays out in its full term.

At the time, I was not a big fan of the Boldin move; but I deferred to Ozzie and the Ravens about the Cap Space, the needs at other positions and their assessment of the talent that would fill the void. Looking back now, would he have made a big difference in 2013 ? Would he still have been around in 2014 ? Would the Ravens really give him an extension during any of that time ? With the benefit of hindsight, we know they did not have talent, but would they have been any better or made the Super Bowl of the 2014 Season with him ? Would he have made a difference with the shuck-and-jive that New England pulled out in the playoffs ? We can speculate until the cows come home, but will never know.

Do I think KO is better than what they have on the roster ? Yes. If they had signed him, would they have taken Lewis or be looking at a FA at Center or RT based on the Cap Space ? Hard to say, but I do not think they take Lewis. Maybe they still look to fill one space on the O-Line with a FA, but can they afford two ? And if they dumped Yanda for KO are they any better on the Line now ?

Is still stand by how they let KO leave with his salary and his injury possibility during the term of the contract.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    And you better believe that as soon as they need him to, that's where he'll be playing. Which would have been the same case here making Guard money.
    Donald Penn is 34 and in the final year of his deal there. I'd expect KO to be their LT next season.

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    Its obvious that lettimg Osemele go was a huge mistake. He is a top 10 lineman in the league and he helps Flacco be Flacco. I'd jettison Tony Jefferson and Ben Watson right now. Now when I say trade, i mean who would go without, just getting the numbers congruent to the cap.

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    I would jettison Dean Pees to get KO.

Blog Entries

While I don't blame the team for having reservations about his back, if that was the issue, I don't think it would have mattered. Even without the back issues, I don't think they would have paid Osemele that contract.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I wouldn't Jettison anyone to get KO back because this team has a history of finding serviceable guards, and Alex Lewis did alright considering he was playing between Hurst and Zuttah at times.

I *would* however, jettison someone to get Ricky Wagner back. As I look at the list of available free agents, tackle (and center) are easily the most barren positions in terms of talent. Who to get rid of though? I don't know. Most of the guys who are eating up the cap aren't even on the team.
    True, but KO is not a "serviceable guard." He is top 3-5 in the league. Agree with you on Wagner. Our FO certainly has worked very diligently to weaken our OLine.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Blog Entries

I would jettison Dean Pees to get KO.
    I would Jettison Pees to get Tucker a new kicking T

Blog Entries

I think the only person Bc wouldn't rather have living with him than his Sister-in-Law, is Dean Pees.