Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Predict three depth chart surprises

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Might as well go all out. We are all making predictions, but I don't think any of us are making them with the type of 'I called it' conviction. Although, I'll sure as hell act like it if it happens in my case.
    Of the "long shots" I think Skura is probably the best call.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Agree with #1. Jensen wins the starting Center job and plays slightly better than Zuttah did last season.

Perriman plays more offensive snaps than Wallace as the primary outside receiving target

Humphrey takes over the starting job on the outside from Carr by mid-season.

Would love to believe in Levine in that role, but I think Webb gets the first crack at that role and performs well there. I think we see a lot more of dime packages (or at least one MLB packages) where all 3 safeties are on the field at the same time.
    I think they'll play Jefferson as the dime and stick Webb in center field.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Perriman and Maclin are the top 2 receivers.

Boyle starts at TE.

Lewis starts at RT and Siragusa starts at LG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

If we're just talking depth chart:

Matt Skura becomes the starting Center

3 UDFAs make the final roster

Patrick Onwuasor starts beside CJ Mosely.
    Skura is a possibility, have to hear how his lower body strength developed this past year.

I am giving Jensen the starting C job just as much as we gave Jah Reid the starting LG spot when Harbs told us that "right now he is our starting left guard"
    All we hear now is rah-rah Jensen is our starting center .... which my brain is translating to Jensen is out as starting center...
    With DeuceGoose and Eluemunor are either going to be IR'd or on the 53 ... means Urschel/Jensen/Hurst are going on the bubble with a vet addition ... Skura has PS time left so he just about has to grab the starting job or knock Urschel or Jensen off the 53
    I like your call of him as starting C, it was just that I went way out on a limb calling Mizzell, couldn't bring myself to do it twice

3 UDFA make the roster? IIRC we have a 13? year streak of one making it .... I could maybe see 2 and if you include the IRs like Nembot
    Were you just saying 3, or did you have a specific 3 in mind?
    WR Tim Patrick/White .... Nembot ..... Mizzell ....... Skura ..... FB Ricky Ortiz .....
    Waller sure has opened a roster spot, and Juice signing elsewhere means no FB on roster
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    (1) I think Bowser will justify the 2nd round investment by getting major snaps.
    He will prove very versatile/valuable in pass-rush, run game, and dropping into coverage.

(2) Goose Deuce play @ LG will allow Lewis to slide over to RT. Mangold will man Center.

(3) We will be pleasantly surprised by Carr's play. The veteran CB will let Humphrey develop at his own pace.

... Bc
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    To sleep. Perchance to dream . .. . .
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

I have this annoying feeling that James Hurst becomes a good RT.

Why is it annoying? Because it just doesn't make sense after how bad of a football player he looked like. I have zero justification, but that's my gut
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Also: I think Chris Moore is gonna surprise a lot of people. I like how he catches, soft hands

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Also: I think Chris Moore is gonna surprise a lot of people. I like how he catches, soft hands
    I actually think that Moore will rebound well from his rookie season. They were using him in a role that was not conducive to the strengths of his skillset. From my viewpoint, it was clear that he was thinking too much out there. The only issue is that they basically have four vertical threats, one of whom can effectively step into the slot on occasion. On occasion GWNR.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

If they go from the pass protection quality of Ricky Wagner to that of James Hurst, y'all are going to read me bitch until the end of the season.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I actually think that Moore will rebound well from his rookie season. They were using him in a role that was not conducive to the strengths of his skillset. From my viewpoint, it was clear that he was thinking too much out there. The only issue is that they basically have four vertical threats, one of whom can effectively step into the slot on occasion. On occasion GWNR.
    You're just saying that cos he's one of your boys from the draft lol

One I really don't expect is Patrick Onwuasor at ILB. It's very hard to play your way out of a role in a meaningless RS finale, but he was playing so small, he had to have his snaps reduced to only nickel as the game progressed. The team won't go back there.

I like Shas's original prediction about Levine, because it makes the most sense, but here is my twist on it...Canady plays too well to be ignored in the PS and secures a role as a cover-2 safety in dime packages, which allows Webb to move up to fill slot corner role and Jefferson to move up opposite the TE on passing downs where his impact as a playmaker shines.

Despite being a solid SCB choice with ball skills, Boykin loses coaching favor and sits for much of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I have this annoying feeling that James Hurst becomes a good RT.

Why is it annoying? Because it just doesn't make sense after how bad of a football player he looked like. I have zero justification, but that's my gut
    I'd love for this one to be correct. If it is, this will be a fine offense. The interior line will work itself out and the Ravens biggest weakness will be exchanged for a strength.