Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Time in Pocket: Joe vs. Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Brady is in a league of his own at this point of burning the shit out of defenses when they blitz him. Part of it is historic recognition of what defenses are doing pre-snap by him, the other is guys doing a heck of a job with YAC with their offense.

Odd that the longer amount of time, the worse Joe's stats look.
    Probably because he has more time to second guess himself

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    so wait per BPR table there, the more time Joe had back there worse he did??? Am I looking at that right?
    nobody gets separation so it gets forced.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Good catch, JAB. I calculated the sack ratios and forgot to circle them.
    In both cases, I agree with pass catcher separation being a serious problem--this definitely matches up with what we saw on game day.

And it's not just separation per route, but how and how often NEP pass catchers find the "soft spots" as the play/pocket is beginning to break down at 3... 3.5... 4 secs, etc. as opposed to our own. Also whether though a mental/psych limitation and/or coaching, Joe far more likely to leave his 1st read and go directly to his checkdown--far more so than Brady.
    either that or his first read was the only one ever consistently open/able to make a play.

probably a combination.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSizzle55 View Post
    nobody gets separation so it gets forced.
    I was thinking that too or Joe just was not seeing them either. Maybe he's one of those guys who just operate better under pressure, less time to think more time to act.
    Last edited by Jsmoove; 07-06-2017 at 04:21 PM.

the more time Joe had back there worse he did
    Well, that explains the lack of building an offensive line. Joe completes more passes when he doesn't have time, so why waste resources giving him more of it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Ridiculous number of passes for Joe, that magnifies the lack of run support in the offense last year. Run game was short pass game thus high comp %/. TD / Int speak for themselves
    It's silly because you have 2 running backs who broke a ton of tackles last season. They were both near the top the of those lists from what I remember. Why not run the ball more if that's the case?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Well, that explains the lack of building an offensive line. Joe completes more passes when he doesn't have time, so why waste resources giving him more of it?
    it may work out that way in 2017

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's silly because you have 2 running backs who broke a ton of tackles last season. They were both near the top the of those lists from what I remember. Why not run the ball more if that's the case?
    there were times last year they came out and passed 3 times straight back to back. They did it with Trestman and M.M.

Blog Entries

there were times last year they came out and passed 3 times straight back to back. They did it with Trestman and M.M.
    I remember. We were all complaining about it pretty much every game. I know people seem to think that Greg Roman will fix this but Marty was fired by the Jets for not running the ball as much as Rex wanted him to. He's the OC and calling the plays. Will stick to the run or start throwing again every time they're behind?

Blog Entries

I remember. We were all complaining about it pretty much every game. I know people seem to think that Greg Roman will fix this but Marty was fired by the Jets for not running the ball as much as Rex wanted him to. He's the OC and calling the plays. Will stick to the run or start throwing again every time they're behind?
    Still amazed at the superbowl - down 28-3 the Pats kept running the ball. If you're confident in your film work and gameplan, you don't second guess it.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

that's why I am not buying this running more stuff they have been saying, but we shall see.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Still amazed at the superbowl - down 28-3 the Pats kept running the ball. If you're confident in your film work and gameplan, you don't second guess it.
    blount was just bulldozing ATL and they had no answer for it, then they loaded up the box and Tom would hit them with the quick passes over the top and middle.