Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Projected 2017 Depth Chart - Pre-Camp

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Coachspeak. They played Tyus Bowser at ILB in minicamp too, but I don't see that as meaning much. Also think about how much the team swore Webb would never move to safety until... he moved to safety.

Basically this is my Week 1 depth chart based on what we've seen before camp. In my mind, if they play Lewis at LG and Hurst at RT, they're playing a weaker OL than they could with Lewis at RT and Siragusa at LG.
    1. When they moved Webb to safety, both he and the Ravens told us they were moving him to safety. The talk of him moving to safety prior to last season was mostly just from the fanbase.

2. If they actually had ideas of moving Lewis to RT, I think they would have already done so, or at least give him some time there. He spent precisely zero time there in the OTA's, and there's nothing the FO has indicated that they're likely to move him.

That plan could change IF they get through camp, and they realize everybody else sucks and their depth at Guard is good. But I certainly don't see it as coach speak, because I don't know what the coaches benefit out of trying to hide this at this point.

Its also pretty clear to me that the coaching staff and franchise has a higher opinion of Hurst than we all do, because he's still here. An UDFA who appears to have played as badly as he has is still here as depth... several years later. That should tell us all something.

I certainly think the coaching staff guys like the Lewis/Hurst combo better than the Siragusa/Lewis combo at the moment. And we won't see that change until at least partial way through camp.

Also entirely possible that if they aren't comfortable with Hurst at RT, they just go get somebody else.

Plus we don't know if Siragusa is any good either.

Too many questions at this point, but I think the pre-camp Oline is clearly Stanley/Lewis/Jensen/Yanda/Hurst, based on what the team has shown us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I Won't lie, the thought of Pierce and Williams in the middle makes me giddy, then you throw in Willie Man Child Henry in the mix this D front is what I am hoping the O front will be, big and nasty.
    I think they felt Henry made Jernigan expendable. Henry had 6.5 sacks in his last year. Similar size to Jernigan. The difference? He plays hard every snap, but is less skilled.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    1. When they moved Webb to safety, both he and the Ravens told us they were moving him to safety. The talk of him moving to safety prior to last season was mostly just from the fanbase.

2. If they actually had ideas of moving Lewis to RT, I think they would have already done so, or at least give him some time there. He spent precisely zero time there in the OTA's, and there's nothing the FO has indicated that they're likely to move him.

That plan could change IF they get through camp, and they realize everybody else sucks and their depth at Guard is good. But I certainly don't see it as coach speak, because I don't know what the coaches benefit out of trying to hide this at this point.

Its also pretty clear to me that the coaching staff and franchise has a higher opinion of Hurst than we all do, because he's still here. An UDFA who appears to have played as badly as he has is still here as depth... several years later. That should tell us all something.

I certainly think the coaching staff guys like the Lewis/Hurst combo better than the Siragusa/Lewis combo at the moment. And we won't see that change until at least partial way through camp.

Also entirely possible that if they aren't comfortable with Hurst at RT, they just go get somebody else.

Plus we don't know if Siragusa is any good either.

Too many questions at this point, but I think the pre-camp Oline is clearly Stanley/Lewis/Jensen/Yanda/Hurst, based on what the team has shown us.
    Basically a longer version of what I was saying
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Basically a longer version of what I was saying
    Yeah I'm just not of a mindset that the FO or coaching stack is trying to "trick us" or "deceive us" when it comes to the depth chart. I think, as of right now, they're focus on the OLine is to keep Lewis at LG, and they will try several combinations to make that happen.

Frankly, Yanda is diverse enough that he could probably play RT, just not as well as he would at Guard. If you really wanted your 5 best lineman out there, then it could potentially look like Stanley/Lewis/Jense/Siragusa/Yanda.

Maybe I am projecting my own wishful thinking a bit, but I'm just not going to take what coaches are saying right now as gospel. It's far too early for that Even if you did, I should remind you guys that Harbaugh specifically said Lewis was an option at RT (and center, oddly enough) in March.

Harbaugh said team would like to keep Alex Lewis at left guard but he's also an option at center and right tackle.

— Jeff Zrebiec (@jeffzrebiecsun) March 28, 2017

I think things are going to change once Nico Siragusa actually takes the field and gets in serious practice time. Dude is going to be REALLY good. Him at LG and Lewis at RT is a much, much better line than Lewis at LG and Hurst at RT. That's my opinion, yes of course.

Remember, Lewis has been a tackle his ENTIRE pre-NFL football career. He's only played what, 6 games at guard? Plus 2 at LT last year?

Blog Entries

I don't think outside of a goaline situation there will be a FB. I don't ever remember seeing one in Philly when Marty was there. I think Gillmore is the starter with Broyle being number 2. I honestly think Watson is 3 for blocking I can't see him offering much more. Outside of his year in the saints machine I don't remember him being a great receiving threat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I think the oline is going to be a disaster and once they start hitting in camp and the dline just whips them day in and day out hopefully it sounds an alarm to the FO.

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Yeah I'm just not of a mindset that the FO or coaching stack is trying to "trick us" or "deceive us" when it comes to the depth chart. I think, as of right now, they're focus on the OLine is to keep Lewis at LG, and they will try several combinations to make that happen.

Frankly, Yanda is diverse enough that he could probably play RT, just not as well as he would at Guard. If you really wanted your 5 best lineman out there, then it could potentially look like Stanley/Lewis/Jense/Siragusa/Yanda.
    I didn't mean coachspeak in the sense of trying to trick/deceive. I just don't think "Alex Lewis will play LG" should be treated as a statement that has been set in stone and sent down from Heaven.

The team has said that they like Lewis at LG most, but they've also said that they're open to moving him. I think they're treating the situation more fluidly than you guys think. Especially regarding Siragusa, they're not going to let him run with the 1s until he proves himself (and until Hurst self-destructs.) I think both of those things are going to happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I didn't mean coachspeak in the sense of trying to trick/deceive. I just don't think "Alex Lewis will play LG" should be treated as a statement that has been set in stone and sent down from Heaven.

The team has said that they like Lewis at LG most, but they've also said that they're open to moving him. I think they're treating the situation more fluidly than you guys think. Especially regarding Siragusa, they're not going to let him run with the 1s until he proves himself (and until Hurst self-destructs.) I think both of those things are going to happen.
    Yep in trading camp when they have to go against the defense. Hell the 2s are going to have a field day against Lewis Jensen Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Yep in trading camp when they have to go against the defense. Hell the 2s are going to have a field day against Lewis Jensen Hurst

Lewis?

Lewis was a solid guard last season for a rookie.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Projected 2017 Depth Chart - Pre-Camp

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Lewis?

Lewis was a solid guard last season for a rookie.
    Ehhh I think he was a starter. Don't know I'd rank him much better then. Jag tbh. I think that tells you all you need to know about Urshal and Jensen

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Ehhh I think he was a starter. Don't know I'd rank him much better then. Jag tbh. I think that tells you all you need to know about Urshal and Jensen

Calling a rookie a jag is just silly.
    - Ray Lewis