Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 111213
    Blog Entries

Re: Comparing Harbaugh and Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Harbaugh's record against Belichick head to head: 3-6 overall, but 2-2 in the playoffs. So maybe not as lopsided a matchup as you suggest. I can tell you one thing, NE wants no part of us in the playoffs, because unlike Pittsburgh, Indy, Denver (without Manning), and just about everyone else, we actually play them tough and actually beat them half of the time, unlike ANYONE else. But I'm sure that's in spite of, not anything to do with, Harbs.

Btw: It's "Chutes", not "Shoots"
    I agree E we are the last team they want to see in January. We don't fold in Gillette

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Comparing Harbaugh and Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    "Checkmate." ~ Belichick

"King me!" ~ Harbaugh

"You realize we have been playing chess?" ~ Belichick

"Looks like a checker board. With funny looking checkers." ~ Harbaugh

"Maybe we should play something easier for you." ~ Belichick

"Like Monoply?" ~ Harbaugh

"I was thinking Shoots and Ladders." ~ Belichick
    Cap'n good one, but the joke's on us... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Harbaugh's record against Belichick head to head: 3-6 overall, but 2-2 in the playoffs. So maybe not as lopsided a matchup as you suggest. I can tell you one thing, NE wants no part of us in the playoffs, because unlike Pittsburgh, Indy, Denver (without Manning), and just about everyone else, we actually play them tough and actually beat them half of the time, unlike ANYONE else. But I'm sure that's in spite of, not anything to do with, Harbs.

Btw: It's "Chutes", not "Shoots"
    I don't know about the Pat's but that was the damn truth even 2 years ago with their fans I know, anybody but the Ravens they would tell me, but that hasn't been the case the last several years and the turning point was Brady coming from behind 14 twice to win.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    I don't know about the Pat's but that was the damn truth even 2 years ago with their fans I know, anybody but the Ravens they would tell me, but that hasn't been the case the last several years and the turning point was Brady coming from behind 14 twice to win.
    Hence why we drafted a CB and two pass rushers in the top 3 rounds of this years draft.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Well, at the end of the day......................................Candyland was the shit.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, at the end of the day......................................Candyland was the shit.
    "Hey Grandpa, can you tell me more stories about the days of the Ravens defense, about the time they used to own Tom Brady"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    "Hey Grandpa, can you tell me more stories about the days of the Ravens defense, about the time they used to own Tom Brady"
    LOL, "Hey Grandpa, can you tell me stories about the days when the Cleveland Browns were good?" "Well Bobby, I've got to ask my grandpa about that." ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    LOL, "Hey Grandpa, can you tell me stories about the days when the Cleveland Browns were good?" "Well Bobby, I've got to ask my grandpa about that." ... Bc

Blog Entries

Bc shows no mercy.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

lol Bc gives no fucks

Quote Originally Posted by darthpemo View Post
    I like this topic... but in the way I try think of it - it is very hard to quantify.

As a kid I asked my dad what he thought of KC Jones (coach then of the Celtics) and he said he didn't like him. I asked him why? (especially since they were winning so often and had a championship or maybe two by then - I don't recall) He told me that all KC Jones did was play the starters all game long (Bird, Mchale, Parish etc). He said the subs were underdeveloped and the starters would be fatigued by the end of the season. He correctly predicted that Bird would have to retired early - mixture of his play style and minutes played. No coach would have ever been able to get Bird to stop from diving to get a ball heading out of bounds.

Phil Jackson was another coach I watched from time to time. The dude can get a bunch of whiny selfish superstars to play together.

I recall Phil playing longer so he probably wins by hard metrics alone but he really shines because he can work with a situation and make the best of it.

How much of the patriots success under coach b is Brady, the rest of the team, and/or coaching? (can't forget division opponent's strength either)

I asked myself, if the role were reversed when Lee Evans dropped/hard the ball knocked out and my kicker was not apparently aware of the down (staying away from the home field advantage yard marker issue)... would coach B have called timeout? I think yes, he'd want to give the replay folks more time to look at the drop AND make sure his kicker had time to get setup. Harbaugh's choice is well known.

Anyway, I think the metrics I want are not easily quantifiable... boils down to making the best decision possible for the situation... always trying to game plan and look for advantage... having the team ready to play each and every week.
    Two points, as I am a long time Celtics fan, Terps fan, and I attended the Lee Evans game in NE of course rooting for the Ravens:

1) Larry Bird's career would have been extended, and he would have as many rings as Michael, had Lenny Bias lived up to his potential. Those two together would have been hell on wheels for the rest of the NBA, and Cs would have been ale to pace Bird during the regular season

2) By metrics that neglect the possibility of the Evans drop being over-turned, Belichick should have called time out after the drop, to preserve time on the clock after the chip shot FG, to give his team half a chance at an attempt for a FG before OT. Yet, he did not call time out ... because he sensed confusion on the other side.