great things about our bad season

This is leading into week 13 and will be up dated every week till week 17.
    -Ray Lewis is leading the AFC in Tackles and is looking forword to anther season with 100 tackles. Hopefully he can see some good in us and not listen to "Primetime" and leave.

-Willis will be looking for the 1000 yard mark this week with hiom only needing 90 yards. After going 5 games with out a rushing TD he has come back and has goting one in the last 6 games. and has a 4.3 avg with is great for the amount of time he has no holes.

-Ed Reed is looking to get back on the top of the AFC in INTs by going up with tom brady and randy moss. If CMac doesn't play Ed will be a great part in stoping them.

-Laron McClain is looking grea in the blocking and catching. Great Pick up.

- Ngata is looking great and doing really well in letting Ray Lewis do his thing. I love the match up of him and Kelly Gregg. I hope that next season Prce can come back and be that pass rusher we need.

- Yamon Figurs has a 27.0 KRA, and need more blocking to find the end zone.

Feel fee to add to the list.

Re: great things about our bad season

I take exception with two of those ....

Reed wont be in man-coverage with Moss unless they double team him (which leaves Wes Welker wide open).

Second, Figurs is on the "S" list with all the fumbles. Hell, he can have 35 KRA and it doesnt mean dick if he keeps coughing up the rock.

I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

.... and Im reminded of a great line from The Wire ....

"It's Baltimore, the Gods will not save you"

I'll take a healthy BJ over Yamon every day of the week, and especially twice on Sunday! Yamon runs 'soft', and puts the ball on the carpet way too often for my tastes.

Reed being in 'man' coverage has nothing to do with anything. As a ball hawking free safety, Reed gets his opportunities for picks where he finds them, and against a pass happy team like the Pats he hopefully will be able to snare at least one.

Figurs is definitely a bright spot, with a huge upside. Has he had occasional butterfingers? Yes. But I agree 100%, if you are looking for good things from the team this year, Figurs is one.

As is Ngata, who is my favorite of the crop of younger players.

Also I had a nagging concern McGahee would not live up to his billing, but he did.

Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Reed being in 'man' coverage has nothing to do with anything. As a ball hawking free safety, Reed gets his opportunities for picks where he finds them, and against a pass happy team like the Pats he hopefully will be able to snare at least one:
    You may want to read up on the 3-4 defense and its coverage schemes. Safeties man-up all the time on deep threats. Last night, TO was doubled a bunch of times and when they did, Fasano was left on man coverage (and scored).

There wont be any "ball hawking" against the Pats. They have so many deep threats you must play them in man coverage or deep zone. If you double up, you leave one of our infant coverage guys to go against one of the numerous pro-bowl receivers. Wont happen.

Ya, you may want to read up on the Baltimore Ravens, Houston.

Not saying Reed won't be covering somebody deep, but it won't be man coverage.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Here we are heading into week 14 and the Colts.

- Ray Lewis is over 100 tackles and is 2 tackles away from 2nd.

- Willis McGahee has over 1000 Yards on the gound. The only thing that is going to get him better is time for our O-line. Willis is only 1 yard behind lats years MVP L.T.

- I knows theres more out there and i hope someone points them out but i don't have anymore time.