Ravens O feeling better

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...ports-football

According to several players, the Ravens had a new buzz of excitement this week about Billick calling plays. Apparently, he is more detailed explaining not only the routes, but why receivers run them.

Hopefully we can get some rythem now. There were no plays being called that made you say "hunh?" like when Cavanaugh was around. But really there was a lot curious about the play calling. We all know Jamal's been complaining to the media again about his roles, but unlike last year I agree with him now. It would always seem like he started getting into a groove, and suddenly they'd just take him out and/or start throwing the ball. I never got that.

These next two weeks should say a lot. They're critical games to our season. We need to be at least 5-3 after that stretch, cause if we're 4-4 we're in a lot of trouble...

- C -

Re: Ravens O feeling better

Interesting comments about Billick not running the team anymore, I guess maybe those of us who have expressed that view aren't just "conspiracy theoirsts" afterall. Since the players are calling the shots it makes me wonder why we need coaches at all. So will that make it easier or harder for SB to fire BIllick? I mean you can hardly blame someone just taking orders, right??

I would say Preston isn't being quite literal when he says Billick isn't running the team. My guess is that the players have input now, but Billick still makes the decisions...

- C -

And if those "having input" don't like his decisions, then what?? I think having the inmates running the asylum is not the best idea.

So in general you think that when you go into work, you should pretty much do whatever your boss tells you to and have no say, regardless of whether or not you think there might be a better way? You just go in and shut your mouth and do whatever you're told without saying anything?

I'm not a drone. I don't think our players should be expected to be either.

- C -

6. Re: Ravens O feeling better

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    And if those "having input" don't like his decisions, then what?? I think having the inmates running the asylum is not the best idea.
    So, if Steve McNair feels as if he can throw a hitch pattern better than an out pattern in a situation, he should not have any say in it? Or if Derrick Mason prefers to run a slant over a post pattern because he is too close to another receiver (which happened quite a bit this season), he shouldn't be allowed to say so?

There is nothing like input from the people on the "front lines." As in battle, the eyes of the front line need to be listened to to direct the fire to the right spot on the battle field. The game of football is not different and I'm looking forward to the new offense coming our way today.

Listening to the WNSt morning show and Casey reiterated that exact point.Says the Ravens look to have a little pep in their step and are very excited now that Billick has taken over.

Definitely a good sign for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Listening to the WNSt morning show and Casey reiterated that exact point.Says the Ravens look to have a little pep in their step and are very excited now that Billick has taken over.

Definitely a good sign for the rest of the year.
    Lets hope so! I'm dying for this game today, finally the Ravens get a live game on Sky sports!!!! The Steelers have a live one next week and the week after!

Definitely getting your moneys worth by having this game on.Two first place teams in a big game for both,good stuff.

I hope Casey is right. I thought I heard the same exact thing when McNair got here. I heard that whole "pep in the step" before.

Execute on the field. That's what I want to see today. Execute ON THE FIELD!

Let's hope we can keep this pep in our steps on offense.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!