View Poll Results: Which starter scenario is least desirable?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • K. Correa at ILB

0 0%
  • A. McClellan at ILB

8 12.50%
  • Z. Smith at OLB

6 9.38%
  • M. Judon at OLB

0 0%
  • A rookie (Bowser or Williams) at OLB

2 3.13%
  • R. Jensen at C

2 3.13%
  • N. Siragusa at LG

1 1.56%
  • J. Hurst at RT

45 70.31%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Which would you rather...not?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Toss up between McClellan and Hurst.

Hurst sucks. McCellan sucks.

Who sucks more? I honestly don't know.

Za Smith is 3rd.

Well if Hurst fucks up our season is over. If McClellan fucks up maybe it costs us the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    Correa will start at WILL. Bowser will start at SAM - he is literally from central casting for that job and he will be a rookie of the year candidate. Tim Williams will be all over the place on passing downs. Judon will get significant snaps at LEO because he's smart, strong and quick enough to play in the shadow of Suggs and he will take on the role of heir apparent for the key defensive position. I pray to my dear and fuzzy lord that Suggs, Williams, Judon and Bowser are in alignments frequently on passing downs and they pull safety or corner blitzes just so I can watch offenses piss themselves.

Jenson and his anger management issues will be sublimated just enough for him to be a nice fit on the line at OC.

RT is for a player to be named later but I'm not gonna freak if Hurst makes the roster. But I really want Lewis to play RT because Siragusa pushes him out of the guard spot. It will make for a nasty interior and money gets saved for a player to be injured later.
    I think Judon is more likely to start at Sam, and Bowser will play the joker role

Anyone else not feel too great about urschel either?

As long as Gino Gradkowski @ center isn't an option, Hurst is an easy choice for me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rararavens View Post
    Yes, John Harbaugh... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Thought he played LT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh wow. You're right. All the draft articles when he came out were talking about them drafting a small school center, but found one that mentions he was an ot in college.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rararavens View Post
    He should be decent depth, not a starter

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    This may give some clarification :

http://www.gothunderwolves.com/sport...%20ryan%20xp4e

... Bc
    I look at that picture and the first thing that comes to mind is "O'Doyle's Rule!"

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think Judon is more likely to start at Sam, and Bowser will play the joker role
    You could well be right. Bowser is such a good fit in many respects but it assumes he will be adequate in pass rush and holding an edge. He is clearly going to be good in coverage, and the tape shows he is high potential to be a very good in all areas, especially with his athleticism, but you can't always tell how they process things at game speed. He really looks so solid all around.

I predicted Judon on the weak side because his bulkiness excludes some of versatility and disguise options they seem to be aiming for on the strong side. I've already seen enough from him to know that his potential to set the edge is as good as we've had since forever. If he steps up as a pass rusher he will be a star. I don't trust Z. He just doesn't ever seem to have the right answers for screens/reverses. Maybe he is studying the film, but he doesn't seem to glean the pertinent stuff well. I will not abandon hope on him picking up some of that McPhee where he can play joker, especially on the line, and get some inside pressure, block passing lanes and run stunts.

You could change it to "Hurst being on the roster" and it'd still get my vote. At least the other guys can man their position and be somewhat serviceable.....Hurst is an absolute detriment to the team if he's in the game.

Outside of that it's between McClellan and Z. Smith. Both are low ceiling JAGs that belong on special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He should be decent depth, not a starter
    He's on the bubble. Couldn't crack the starting lineup when we ran a system that catered to his build and talent, now we're moving to a system he doesn't fit in. His days are numbered unless there's a blood bath on the OL in training camp.

One reason to be more optimistic about Jensen at center would be because they are finally letting go of the Kubiak/Castillo zone philosophy. Oh, they'll tell you they are going to be a bit of everything, but you can see in their drafting philosophy recently (Lewis, Siragusa, Eluemenor) and their hiring of Greg Roman that they will want to be much more of a power running team. At least it fits what Jensen does well. It's just a question if they can communicate in pass protection up the middle.