Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: The Eddie Royal Safe Space

I think it makes zero sense to even be discussing the possibility of cutting Wallace - with or without adding Decker or another WR. It is not out of the realm of possibility that one of the primary receivers gets hurt or dinged up this season. I'm pretty sure the Ravens have rarely, if ever, gone through a season where at least one WR wasn't down for a few games with an injury. Keep as many viable targets as you can. Even if it's only a half-game type injury, what if it's a tight game that comes down to needing a couple of clutch catches at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I think it makes zero sense to even be discussing the possibility of cutting Wallace - with or without adding Decker or another WR. It is not out of the realm of possibility that one of the primary receivers gets hurt or dinged up this season. I'm pretty sure the Ravens have rarely, if ever, gone through a season where at least one WR wasn't down for a few games with an injury. Keep as many viable targets as you can. Even if it's only a half-game type injury, what if it's a tight game that comes down to needing a couple of clutch catches at the end?
    You make a valid point about injuries, but IF we brought in Decker we would most likely need the money from cutting Wallace to make his salary work. Also, if we didnt cut Wallace, that would put BP 4th on the depth chart. BP needs to get as many targets as possible, with bringing in Maclin already he is going to lose out.

Blog Entries

Not worth letting go a receiver that got 1,000 yards and has only missed 1 game his whole career for Decker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I think that your "fit" point is a very good one, but even if it's three weeks into camp (let's say) and BP is lighting the field on fire, I don't think they cut/try to replace Wallace assuming he's healthy or out there not violating league policy.

But yeah, if I'm "fantasy building" a 3-wide set out of these 4 guys, I'm going Maclin, Decker and BP.
    I think I'm more confident in BP than most though.
    I'm with you on BP. I really think he can/will develop this year into a high '2' at worse. Maybe a small step below DHopkins and ARobinson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

5. Re: The Eddie Royal Safe Space

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Both, I suspect. But in any case, with BP healthy and making plenty of "pajama plays", neither should be his hindrance in 2017.
    That is, the team is out of excuses.

The most challenging part of saturating BP with targets, is the ability of Wallace to keep his head in the game, and get himself open when Joe has to come to him.
    Agreed. I believe there was at least one game last year in which Wallace ADMITTED he was pouting and got his head out of the game due to lack of targets.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk