Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. ESPN QB Confidence Index

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...eason-rankings

I'm not bothered by where they rank Joe (technically Mallet too).
    But I did find their summary on him and the state of our offense interesting, particularly the closing statement.

18. Baltimore Ravens

Yes, there are a lot of guys who have already been discussed here who don't have a Super Bowl ring like Joe Flacco does. Flacco's 2012-13 postseason run was a delirious romp no Baltimore fan will ever forget. But the Ravens have played four whole NFL seasons since then, and over that time, Flacco ranks 21st in Total QBR, behind the likes of Colin Kaepernick, Jay Cutler and Ryan Fitzpatrick. His 2016 season was his best yet in terms of completion percentage (64.9) and passing yards (4,317). But still, 20 touchdowns against 15 interceptions? Yawn. Given how painfully thin the Ravens are at receiver, it's hard to think backup Ryan Mallett would offer much if he had to play. This might be the league's dullest decent quarterback situation.

Not just thin, but painfully thin.
    So, does this mean if we had more depth at WR would our QB rank a bit higher?
    And they didn't even mention the current state of the o-line, where we are still trying to find 2 starters.

Blog Entries

Re: ESPN QB Confidence Index

I'll gladly trade the "best yet" completion percentage and passing yards for a real offense.

Again, they clearly don't watch all the games.

That percentage and yards is a biproduct of a mismanaged offense, and also a recovering QB behind a shaky OL (at least in games 1-8).

And I love when QB stats get dissed in the same sentence where they note the lack of skill position talent.

Gee I wonder if those things are related?

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Everyone knows our WRs are lacking, except the one man that can change it.

He is sitting there waiting for Chris Moore and Michael Campanaro to "step up".

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Everyone knows our WRs are lacking, except the one man that can change it.

He is sitting there waiting for Chris Moore and Michael Campanaro to "step up".

I think this week we're expecting Chris Matthews to step up. Next week it'll be Vince Mayle. Then the UDFA's will get a turn. Then rotate.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I think this week we're expecting Chris Matthews to step up. Next week it'll be Vince Mayle. Then the UDFA's will get a turn. Then rotate.
    No doubt, the player we need is already "on the roster"...just like Zach Orr!!

No worries...

6. Re: ESPN QB Confidence Index

I won't believe any glowing training camp reports, though I will pay attention to them.
    What I will do is watch how our offense performs in the preseason to see if their might be any truth to those reports.
    I wonder how much of a difference a healthy Joe will make.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Lol you beat me to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    I won't believe any glowing training camp reports, though I will pay attention to them.
    What I will do is watch how our offense performs in the preseason to see if their might be any truth to those reports.
    I wonder how much of a difference a healthy Joe will make.
    me either, not buying any hype.

Blog Entries

I mean I get why folks outside of Baltimore look at Joe like they do, but man what QB in this world can survive 9yrs in the league with 6 different OCs in 5yrs, no legit WR, no legit TE, no legit Oline for much of his career and when we do manage to get a good one they leave for bigger pay days while we spend ridiculous amount of cap on the defense to a DC who ain't worth shit? I mean you kinda have to take these things into account. The run game as been abysmal since 2013, with the exception of 2014, only managing 3.1yrds a carry in 2013, 2015 3.9yrds and 4.0 in 2016. That definitely don't help Joe out. At the same time he has to get better, with his mechanics and learning how to read a zone defense. I mean it's been 9 fucking years Joe and you still struggle with zone defense??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I mean I get why folks outside of Baltimore look at Joe like they do, but man what QB in this world can survive 9yrs in the league with 6 different OCs in 5yrs, no legit WR, no legit TE, no legit Oline for much of his career and when we do manage to get a good one they leave for bigger pay days while we spend ridiculous amount of cap on the defense to a DC who ain't worth shit? I mean you kinda have to take these things into account. The run game as been abysmal since 2013, with the exception of 2014, only managing 3.1yrds a carry in 2013, 2015 3.9yrds and 4.0 in 2016. That definitely don't help Joe out. At the same time he has to get better, with his mechanics and learning how to read a zone defense. I mean it's been 9 fucking years Joe and you still struggle with zone defense??
    Preach big bad booty daddy lol but in all seriousness I would have loved to see what a Hue Jackson or Sean Peyton could have done with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Preach big bad booty daddy lol but in all seriousness I would have loved to see what a Hue Jackson or Sean Peyton could have done with him.

what folks didn't know is that Hue Jackson along with Caldwell and Zorn during Joe's career was instrumental to Joe's development as a QB, it's no surprise once those guys left Joe regressed, Kubiak resurrected him because Kubiak understood Joe. Harbs is a joke when it comes to schematics and knows nothing about quarterbacking so they can't depend on him to build anything resembling a good scheme.

Blog Entries

Or what Kubiak could have done with him in Houston. A prime Andrea Johnson a prime Owen Daniels with a Prime Foster with Joe's big arm in that system Damn.