Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

GWNR Eats His Crow - Offense Edition

As I'm sure you guys have noticed I like to dish out crow. Gotta hold people accountable. There's a lot of people on here who talk a lot, end up ebign wrong and then go into denial about what you were wrong about (you know who you are)

That being said, I'm a big fan of practicing what you preach. So I will eat crow on my defense of the front office ignoring the offense over the duration of this off season.

I may have been in some denial and I really did think we were gonna see an offensive heavy draft. Whether or nto that was short sighted of me - not the place to debate. It is what it is.

I gave a lot of people a hard time to "wait and see" and we saw nothing, so here i am, GWNR, eating his crow.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Re: GWNR Eats His Crow - Offense Edition

Along with that, on behalf of our beloved HoustonRaven, I would like announce that he too has agreed to eat crow for the half decade of being wrong, that he produced here.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Along with that, on behalf of our beloved HoustonRaven, I would like announce that he too has agreed to eat crow for the half decade of being wrong, that he produced here.
    Now now, let's not go after guys that can't be here to defend themselves.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Now now, let's not go after guys that can't be here to defend themselves.
    He couldn't defend himself when he was here. He did exactly what your described in your original post. He was the Emperor of Goal-Post moving and Denial. He had a whole army set up for it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

After not signing a WR in free agency I was also convinced they would draft 1 in the first 2 rounds and a second one on day 3. I still can't believe that guys whose jobs are on the line are willing to go into the season with so much uncertainty on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    After not signing a WR in free agency I was also convinced they would draft 1 in the first 2 rounds and a second one on day 3. I still can't believe that guys whose jobs are on the line are willing to go into the season with so much uncertainty on offense.
    Was mostly my reasoning.

My assumption of their thought process was that they didn't like the FA WR's for whatever reason, so put your resources elsewhere and go after one in the draft.

I can buy the value thing in the 1st round becuase personally I didn't want Zay Jones or anyone else at 16 after the big 3 were gone and I wasn't willing to give up the draft capital to move into the top 10

But to pass on guys in the 2nd and 3rd is inexcusable. I'm all for sticking to the board, but at some point you have to reach to fill a hole. You just do.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I'm hoping Perriman makes me eat my Crow and GWNR if need be I'd prefer mine fried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I'm sure you guys have noticed I like to dish out crow. Gotta hold people accountable. There's a lot of people on here who talk a lot, end up ebign wrong and then go into denial about what you were wrong about (you know who you are)

That being said, I'm a big fan of practicing what you preach. So I will eat crow on my defense of the front office ignoring the offense over the duration of this off season.

I may have been in some denial and I really did think we were gonna see an offensive heavy draft. Whether or nto that was short sighted of me - not the place to debate. It is what it is.

I gave a lot of people a hard time to "wait and see" and we saw nothing, so here i am, GWNR, eating his crow.
    Many here, I included, thought the front office would do SOMETHING about the offensive side of the ball...not just Woodhead.
    I actually was hoping that if they were thinking about reloading the defensive side, that a runningback with the talent of an Adrian Peterson would have been signed when he was sitting out there for so long.
    Great defense with Peterson running behind a huge Oline...I could see the Ravens front office thinking it was 2000 again.
    Forcing opposing defenses to load the box, leaving Perriman and Wallace in man coverage...making big plays along with Tucker hitting 3s like crazy.

But you were not alone in your reasoning.
    In the end, I just hope they know what they are doing on the offensive side...like the change in Oline blocking scheme will better fit the talent. I'm not holding my breath...but still hoping for an offensive line miracle before Joe gets killed back there.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

Blog Entries

If this offense falls on its face everyone deserves to go Ozzie on down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Was mostly my reasoning.

My assumption of their thought process was that they didn't like the FA WR's for whatever reason, so put your resources elsewhere and go after one in the draft.

I can buy the value thing in the 1st round becuase personally I didn't want Zay Jones or anyone else at 16 after the big 3 were gone and I wasn't willing to give up the draft capital to move into the top 10

But to pass on guys in the 2nd and 3rd is inexcusable. I'm all for sticking to the board, but at some point you have to reach to fill a hole. You just do.
    I just don't understand how they can jump on Danny Woodhead at the start of free agency and sign him top free agent RB money and completely ignore the WR position. I get that wide receivers are overpaid and they had an expensive option on Wallace but they're critical. Joe Flacco needs places besides Pitta and fullback to throw the ball, especially with SSSr gone. So you overpay a little? They had no problem paying through the nose for a run stopping DT or an up and down QB. It's a passing league. Teams that can't pass effectively can't compete for a ring

Blog Entries

How do you guys like yours? Rare, medium, or well done...

Pass the salt please... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I just don't understand how they can jump on Danny Woodhead at the start of free agency and sign him top free agent RB money and completely ignore the WR position. I get that wide receivers are overpaid and they had an expensive option on Wallace but they're critical. Joe Flacco needs places besides Pitta and fullback to throw the ball, especially with SSSr gone. So you overpay a little? They had no problem paying through the nose for a run stopping DT or an up and down QB. It's a passing league. Teams that can't pass effectively can't compete for a ring
    I agree.

Hbg made a good point.

You could take the Woodhead and Willaims money (like 14-15M roughly +/- 1) and spent that on Wagner and Pryor. You'd need to add some AND STILL keep Jefferson.

If we do that you ask Pierce to step into the NT position and one of Henry, Kaufasi or Wormley to play 3-tech. For RB, you play Buck and West and probably a different, cheaper FA.

What does that do? it fills two gaping holes. Had that been the outcome of the offseason, even with our draft our holes would be at:

1) C

That's it. We'd have Pryor, Perriman and Wallace + Campy and Moore for WR. Our OL would require 1 "step up" rather than 2.

Instead we have holes at:
    1) C
    2) RT
    3) WR - slot.
    - Ray Lewis