Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: ESPN QB Confidence Index

LOL I am not even going to comment on this, it's way too easy.

It's obvious the receiver ran the wrong route!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Football isn't like baseball where individual stats are mostly indicative of that single player's performance.

Individual stats in football are a reflection of team performance. QB rating, for example, indicates not only the passer's performance but also that of the OL, pass catchers, even the run game as defenses playing up to stop the run will lighten coverage on the back end. Not all of those factors influence QBR equally, but they do all have an impact.

Joe's QBR over the past 4 years, even including a good year in 2014, is firmly in the bottom half of the league. That's an indictment of the entire low-talent offense. Even so, Joe's film shows a QB that is vastly underperforming his cap number. IMO the toughest thing with Joe is his inconsistency. Depending on his supporting cast and its performance on any given day, he can be either one of the best QBs in the league or one of the worst.

With Joe, in order to avoid those horrible "dud" games (or "dud" seasons) you need to give him top-shelf surrounding cast. He can't do as much with as little as guys like Aaron Rodgers/Tom Brady. If you surround him with solid talent--like he had in the '12 playoff run--he can be one of the best. But the Ravens must not agree with me, because they've never done that, and it doesn't look like anything will change in 2017.
    I don't understand how statements like the ones I bolded can be proven. How can Joe failry be judged with the caveat that it depends on how the supporting cast is?

Also, we'll never know how badly Brady or Rodgers would perform with the same players. It's also only half of the equation. We'll never know how they would perform in this "system" if you want to call it that. Brady and Rodgers, in addition to having HOF arm and brain talent, have also been running the same offense for well over a decade, with a few tweaks here and there. I wonder how much easier it is to assimilate new guys and "no-names" into a system that the QB and coaching staff has burned into their brain and muscle memory?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    How do you get Flacco to throw a 20 yard pass?

Tell him it's 3rd and 25
    LOL, asked and answered... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Last year for Brady it was scrubs like Edelman, Bennett, Hogan, White, Mitchell and some loser named...Gradkowski was it? And for Rodgers he had to make do with dregs like Nelson, Adams, Cobb, Montgomery, Cook and another Rodgers (no relation).
    Years past, Brady has had nobodies like Welker, Troy Brown, Faulk, Branch, Amendola, Graham, a young Watson & Woodhead, a murderer, and some waste of roster space named Doss or Ross...something that rhymed with Moss, I believe. As for Rodgers, over the years he's had to make do with bums like Driver, Jennings, J. Jones...J for Jacoby right?, Kuhn, and Finley.

So, yeah, they've both had it rough.
    Clearly they are deserving of our pity.
    Rodgers lost the most yards (875) and touchdowns (11!) last year of any QB in the league due to drops. Thats way more than Flacco. His surrounding cast is pretty shitty actually.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    Rodgers lost the most yards (875) and touchdowns (11!) last year of any QB in the league due to drops. Thats way more than Flacco. His surrounding cast is pretty shitty actually.
    Nelson Adams Cobb >>>>>>>> Wallace Perriman ___________

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Nelson Adams Cobb >>>>>>>> Wallace Perriman ___________

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Adams is awful. If you watched any Packers games last year you could see just how bad he was. I believe he dropped 6 potential TD's last year. Sure, he has nice stats. but thats because his QB is Aaron Rodgers. Nelson is still good but I think Rodgers makes him what he is to an extent...he looked alot slower last year coming off the injury. Cobb is solid as well but not better than Wallace at this point. Perriman may pass him this year also.

Blog Entries

Adams is awful. If you watched any Packers games last year you could see just how bad he was. I believe he dropped 6 potential TD's last year. Sure, he has nice stats. but thats because his QB is Aaron Rodgers. Nelson is still good but I think Rodgers makes him what he is to an extent...he looked alot slower last year coming off the injury. Cobb is solid as well but not better than Wallace at this point. Perriman may pass him this year also.
    :word

LOL did i just read that rodgers makes nelson and cobb isnt better than wallace. ho lee fuk

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    LOL did i just read that rodgers makes nelson and cobb isnt better than wallace. ho lee fuk
    Cobb had 600 ish receiving yards last year vs over 1000 for wallace, who was usually matched up on the opposing teams best CB. and Cobb can only play the slot because he cant get open on the outside. Sure hes a nice player, but do you have any facts to back up your opinion that hes better than Mike Wallace?

Cobb had 600 ish receiving yards last year vs over 1000 for wallace, who was usually matched up on the opposing teams best CB. and Cobb can only play the slot because he cant get open on the outside. Sure hes a nice player, but do you have any facts to back up your opinion that hes better than Mike Wallace?
    cobb is the 2nd 3rd or 4th option in green bay. wallace was the #1 option.
    cobb can line up anywhere on the field even in the backfield. wallace is a one trick pony who averages 3.8 receptions per game as a #1 while cobb averages 4.5 receptions per game as a 2nd or third option.
    wallace has 57% catch rate while cobb is at 70%.
    wallce never had more than 73 receptions per season as #1 mostly, while cobb had 79,80,91 as 2nd or 3rd target.
    edit: cobb also plays special teams

now regarding nelson, i dont even think you watch green bay games if you think rodgers made him.
    dude is a top 10 WR on any NFL team

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    cobb is the 2nd 3rd or 4th option in green bay. wallace was the #1 option.
    cobb can line up anywhere on the field even in the backfield. wallace is a one trick pony who averages 3.8 receptions per game as a #1 while cobb averages 4.5 receptions per game as a 2nd or third option.
    wallace has 57% catch rate while cobb is at 70%.
    wallce never had more than 73 receptions per season as #1 mostly, while cobb had 79,80,91 as 2nd or 3rd target.
    edit: cobb also plays special teams

now regarding nelson, i dont even think you watch green bay games if you think rodgers made him.
    dude is a top 10 WR on any NFL team
    I was just talking about last year re: Nelson, not his entire career. I did watch about 10 ish packers games and to me he looked slow with Rodgers throwing him open with perfect balls last year. He did make some great plays as well, but IMO he was overrated last year. I do think Cobb is a nice player and hes better at underneath routes than Wallace but no, he doesnt line up outside often and did badly in that role when Nelson tore his ACL in 2015. He also can't attack all three level of the field like Wallace does, especially deep. Catch rate has just as much to do with QB as it does with the WR and as we all know, Rodgers is far more accurate than Flacco. Just my opinion but I would take Wallace over Cobb anyday.