Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Trading for Ryan Mathews

Holy Shit,

What is with this board and the fascination with Eagles players with last name Matthews? First Jordan now Ryan.

Hell no should they burn a draft pick on a medicore RB. We have 3 guys who are equally as good if not better.

Add him for vet minimum maybe once he is cut but absolutely don't waste a pick

Maybe we should go for the all-Mathews skill position team. Chris (already on the roster) and Jordan on the outside, Ryan in the backfield. Then we'll just need Green Bay to release Clay so the defense can begin catching up.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't trade for Ryan Mathews. If he's released and doesn't get a better offer elsewhere, I'd be fine with bringing him in on the cheap. Otherwise let guys already here battle for RB spots.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Matthews is a good back, but he's not infinitely better than West or Dixon.

If Matthews comes with their other Matthews (Jordan), then I'm game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think Matthews is far behind Dixon and West. He's recovering from neck surgery. That's why I suspect the Eagles wanted to replace him. Herniated discs would scare me off

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Maybe we should go for the all-Mathews skill position team. Chris (already on the roster) and Jordan on the outside, Ryan in the backfield. Then we'll just need Green Bay to release Clay so the defense can begin catching up.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't trade for Ryan Mathews. If he's released and doesn't get a better offer elsewhere, I'd be fine with bringing him in on the cheap. Otherwise let guys already here battle for RB spots.
    Only reason to trade a late pick is to get the salary (less the signing bonus which stays with their cap)
    He is scheduled for $4 mil salary, I doubt anyone wants to trade for that number ... I don't think bidding is going to get close to it. He will be 30 in October and has almost 1,200 carries to go along with 179 receptions, that is a lot of hits, I'd guess his top is maybe 2.5mil with incentives
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

A healthy Ryan Matthews is better than West. Of course, Ryan Matthews has a hard time staying healthy.
    As for trading for him, other posters are correct in that he is going to be cut. The only value a trade would have is getting him without vying with other teams that may be interested. But no one is gonna pay is 4M salary on the contract.

Team should be looking more into trading for Mark Ingram.

Yeah that's a pass

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I think Matthews is far behind Dixon and West. He's recovering from neck surgery. That's why I suspect the Eagles wanted to replace him. Herniated discs would scare me off
    Yup.

West is 26 and Mathews will be 30 during the season, who is also due to make 4million this year. I will take the younger guy with a lot less of a career workload and most likely Mathews will be released anyways.

Not too mention we have Dixon week 5. If West sees 250 carries last year, most likely hes a 1k yard rusher.

Also, we have Woodhead. I see no reason what so ever to trade/sign Mathews.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Team should be looking more into trading for Mark Ingram.
    Now this is interesting. I could get behind this. He is due 3 mill and with AP being the starter, there could definitely be a move to be made here

Also, Jeremy Hill is a cut candidate I believe. Not much of a receiving back but definitely has a nose for the endzone. He is in his last year of his contract and would cost less than 1million.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Now this is interesting. I could get behind this. He is due 3 mill and with AP being the starter, there could definitely be a move to be made here

Also, Jeremy Hill is a cut candidate I believe. Not much of a receiving back but definitely has a nose for the endzone. He is in his last year of his contract and would cost less than 1million.
    There was a rumor that Philly was going to ship Jason Kelce to the saints for Ingram, but then Philly signed Blount. It was just a rumor but who knows?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    There was a rumor that Philly was going to ship Jason Kelce to the saints for Ingram, but then Philly signed Blount. It was just a rumor but who knows?
    Im not one to normally advocate for trading for a rb, but I think Engram is the type of guy we need, even though he lacks the receiving threat. I am still not sold on Dixon, I love his runny style and he just always seems to get an extra 4 yards when you think hes down, I just am not sure he is our future