Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Trading for Ryan Mathews

Apparently the Eagles are shopping Mathews now that they signed LeGarrette Blount, and we are the lead candidates: http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors

Question to me: Is he an upgrade over Terrance West? Because that is the role he is taking. Here is how he compares to Mathews:

2016:
    West: 4.0 YPC and 5 TDs
    Mathews: 4.3 YPC and 8 TDs

2015:
    West 3.2 YPC (Titans) and 0 TDs
    Mathews: 5.1 YPC and 6 TDs

Career workload:
    West: 475 NFL touches
    Matthews: 1363 NFL touches

The Eagles OL has probably been slightly better than ours over the last two years, but I think Mathews is a clear upgrade over West. He has more tread on the tires, but at 29 I could see him being useful for a couple more years.

Re: Trading for Ryan Mathews

no need to trade, he will be released.
    with that being said he is jag at this point in his career.
    too many injuries and we have more pressing needs than another RB

I'd rather go after Jordan Matthews from the Eagles if they're indeed shopping him.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

4. Re: Trading for Ryan Mathews

We really don't need another aging, injury prone vet.
    Waste of cap if we sign him.

Are we going to get those OL that we need?
    #Pray4MangoldsAnkle

Blog Entries

Matthews is a good back, but he's not infinitely better than West or Dixon.

If Matthews comes with their other Matthews (Jordan), then I'm game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

6. Re: Trading for Ryan Mathews

Why we are at choosing random Eagles we like, I'll take Lane Johnson and Fletcher Cox too. That isn't the point. I doubt the Eagles are willing to part with Jordan Matthews without giving up at least like a 3rd. I feel like we could get Ryan Mathews for a 6th or 7th.

If we want to talk about trading for WRs, Jermaine Kearse and Devin Funchess are probably the best available options (bleh).

Quote Originally Posted by Poester View Post
    Why we are at choosing random Eagles we like, I'll take Lane Johnson and Fletcher Cox too. That isn't the point. I doubt the Eagles are willing to part with Jordan Matthews without giving up at least like a 3rd. I feel like we could get Ryan Mathews for a 6th or 7th.

If we want to talk about trading for WRs, Jermaine Kearse and Devin Funchess are probably the best available options (bleh).
    I dont think it's random.

There were rumours of Matthews being shopped because they acequired Jeffrey. They have a bit of a log jam with guys like Agholor and DGB there.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

he'll be released no need to trade.

I agree that he'll likely be released and we should target him then; he'd be a stronger starter than we've got right now. Maybe I'm alone in this, but I don't think West is all that good. He is supposed to be a power back but I don't recall him breaking many tackles or moving the pile often last year. If anyone is JAG he is--I have higher hopes for Dixon but he's suspended and the jury is very much still out on how good he can be.

The Ravens need to put some real effort into their run game right now, OL is most important but Mathews might be a good buy if he comes at the right price

Blog Entries

as a couple have stated, unless someone gives them a low round pick, he's going to be released anyway. Not sure he should be on the radar but if it's an easy add, he could at least compete for a spot.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Why would trade for a known bum? FoH

Blog Entries

Line all money to the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk