Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Coming Into Camp Healthy

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I'm willing to bet Camp is injured within the first two weeks of TC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You wait. He makes it through preseason this year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Torrey's durability was undervalued around here, IMO. The context is not only the breath we have to hold every time Perriman or Campano go down, but that the aging Wallace had lousy production the last half of 2016. We better pray that Wallace is not deteriorating due to age.
    Truth is Breshad looked very durable last year. He wasn't playing scared either. He was bouncing off hard objects all year and popping right back up. Could be that he suffered a string of freaky shit, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    Truth is Breshad looked very durable last year. He wasn't playing scared either. He was bouncing off hard objects all year and popping right back up. Could be that he suffered a string of freaky shit, that's all.
    Most likely. A lot of people were losing their minds and proclaiming him a bust after he hurt a knee and then they found out he had an unrelated condition associated with the same part of the body that affected him as a teen.With a year to get his legs under him I think he's going to live up to his 1st round billing.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Agreed.

And their old program seemed to be a machines-based program? I thought Harbaugh was a big free-weights guy when he got here, but from what I was reading the strength program seemed to be mostly machines the last few years. Maybe I misunderstood. Anyway, the new guy seems to be a free-weights guy, which is a philosophy I agree with.
    I wonder if they've shifted to include a lot more workouts focusing on flexibility as well. I feel that this is usually most important in the beginning of the season after guys have been lifting heavy weights on their own. IMO, that's why all of the craziness happens in training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Most likely. A lot of people were losing their minds and proclaiming him a bust after he hurt a knee and then they found out he had an unrelated condition associated with the same part of the body that affected him as a teen.With a year to get his legs under him I think he's going to live up to his 1st round billing.
    This - the hope is that he's healthy and can grind this off-season and not rehab an ACL/PCL (no explosive movements).

I honestly don't think we know what his potential is / performance will be. Would love to see him healthy so we can at least find out if he's a bust for "real reasons" or worthy of the first round pick. He did some things last year that I never saw Torrey do - including those few jump catches.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    I wonder if they've shifted to include a lot more workouts focusing on flexibility as well. I feel that this is usually most important in the beginning of the season after guys have been lifting heavy weights on their own. IMO, that's why all of the craziness happens in training camp.
    The workouts and movements and time between events are completely different than what any of the players have done in the past.
    It builds incredible endurance along with flexibility and strength and pushes players past what they ever even consider doing.
    It is the reason Harrison is still playing.
    If it succeeds this year in keeping most players on the field, it may very well sweep through the rest of the league.

The only reason I know, is because my son did this training over 10 years ago and has told me, if the team buys in, which it seems they have, they will be the best conditioned team in the NFL.
    I can't help that I am invisible...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post
    He [Perriman] did some things last year that I never saw Torrey do - including those few jump catches.
    Yes. Also including stuff he did after the catch. I don't remember Torrey running all the way thru / around a defense, the way Perriman did once or twice (for example the TD vs Dolphins).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    The only reason I know, is because my son did this training over 10 years ago
    REALLY! What does it involve???

Yes. Also including stuff he did after the catch. I don't remember Torrey running all the way thru / around a defense, the way Perriman did once or twice (for example the TD vs Dolphins).
    You guys are seriously delusional. lol

Torreys game is probably very much the reason we drafted Perriman. They play almost identical with what they bring to the field. In this Ravens offense Torrey always caught the passes in stride (Much like the limited action we have seen in Perriman).

He caught a ton of passes in the air and on the way to the endzone. That was his game. Torrey wasn't a fantastic route runner either, but Torrey got open way more and doesn't look any where near as stiff as Perriman does.

You are seriously not being honest with that statement. Only trying to make your posts look better.

Torrey wasn't great, unfortunately he was the best WR this team has ever drafted and seen. The bench mark is low.

But you claiming all these jump balls and Perriman running wide open down the field is absolute NONSENSE. He was wide open in the Dolphins game and that was about it. The rest of most of his catches there was very little separation.

You are seriously doing Torrey Smith a disservice with those statements.

11. Re: Coming Into Camp Healthy

Article on the Ravens website about Breshad feeling healthy. Importantly he says he's been at the Under Arnold center practicing and running routes with Joe every day and they're getting their chemistry down. Said that was a big part of why he wasn't clicking last year, he missed all of OTAs and preseason until the last game.

Here's hoping...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go, I guess you and Ravenous memory is a bit foggy

https://youtu.be/ixNsTRbOraY