Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Coming Into Camp Healthy

Agreed, I'm glad they switched to a new trainer and new approach. Also agreed - Flacco coming off ACL last year was the biggest question mark and this year it's the biggest benefit IMO since he has that in the past. Have to imagine going through all of the surgery, rehab, etc. and then lining up and seeing pass rushers coming at you has to have an effect for a while.

PS - tried to give some cred to GWNR but it won't let me. Great OP

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Any word on Yanda's recovery from shoulder surgery?
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Best ability is availability.

im sure we will lose someone in camp, I just pray its not a key component or a young guy that we need to develop. I really wish we could hear info about Suggs off-season condition this year.
    Torrey's durability was undervalued around here, IMO. The context is not only the breath we have to hold every time Perriman or Campano go down, but that the aging Wallace had lousy production the last half of 2016. We better pray that Wallace is not deteriorating due to age.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Torrey's durability was undervalued around here, IMO. The context is not only the breath we have to hold every time Perriman or Campano go down, but that the aging Wallace had lousy production the last half of 2016. We better pray that Wallace is not deteriorating due to age.
    Wallace shouldn't be deteriorating with age, its effort on his part. I have stated this time and time again Mike Wallace is without a doubt the laziest player I have ever seen wear a Ravens uniform. I watched every game last year, some more than once. Watch him when the play isn't coming his way, he doesn't block worth a damn and puts fourth half ass effort as a decoy. Yet we wonder why our offense is so predictable?

Torreys durability and dedication was absolutely undervalued here. We should have never let him walk. He got paid handsomely, but we could have had him back for a decent price and he went to the Eagles for very little money.

Ozzies middle name is Luskins in case you didn't know. He is the cheapest guy in town.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by @SumthingObvious View Post
    Thanks brother. Hopefully we see the progress this year in terms of the health and durability
    From what I'm reading, the players really like it and it is not because it is easy, its because they understand what it is trying to do and agree with the concept.

Think it was Weddle who said he never runs 100 yd sprints in a game but a bunch of 30-40 (or if he has to run them, he won't have a job for long) .... liked the idea of training by doing what he needs in a game.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Wallace shouldn't be deteriorating with age, its effort on his part. I have stated this time and time again Mike Wallace is without a doubt the laziest player I have ever seen wear a Ravens uniform. I watched every game last year, some more than once. Watch him when the play isn't coming his way, he doesn't block worth a damn and puts fourth half ass effort as a decoy. Yet we wonder why our offense is so predictable?

Torreys durability and dedication was absolutely undervalued here. We should have never let him walk. He got paid handsomely, but we could have had him back for a decent price and he went to the Eagles for very little money.

Ozzies middle name is Luskins in case you didn't know. He is the cheapest guy in town.
    I agree that Torrey was probably undervalued for certain traits--durability among them, but I'm curious as to the "decent price" at which you think we could have brought him back. I think Ozzie's letting go of Torrey when he did will go down as one of his shrewdest decisions ever--and I love Torrey as a guy and really liked him as a Raven.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensintennessee View Post
    I agree that Torrey was probably undervalued for certain traits--durability among them, but I'm curious as to the "decent price" at which you think we could have brought him back. I think Ozzie's letting go of Torrey when he did will go down as one of his shrewdest decisions ever--and I love Torrey as a guy and really liked him as a Raven.
    I think he's referring to Torrey signing with the Eagles for 3/15
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I am very happy the Ravens decided on a new trainer. What they were doing before wasn't working.
    Agreed.

And their old program seemed to be a machines-based program? I thought Harbaugh was a big free-weights guy when he got here, but from what I was reading the strength program seemed to be mostly machines the last few years. Maybe I misunderstood. Anyway, the new guy seems to be a free-weights guy, which is a philosophy I agree with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Agreed.

And their old program seemed to be a machines-based program? I thought Harbaugh was a big free-weights guy when he got here, but from what I was reading the strength program seemed to be mostly machines the last few years. Maybe I misunderstood. Anyway, the new guy seems to be a free-weights guy, which is a philosophy I agree with.
    Not so much that but it was system driven.
    From what I'm hearing people are now grouped together according to needs they have to work on as opposed to position they play ... players with lower body strength issues will train with others like them regardless of O or D, same with flexibility issues ... the big change is to team chemistry also. It is no longer us against them, offense against defense (as it cliqued into under other coaches - Rex in particular)
    There are player bonds being forged on the team across lines that weren't done before .... sure Harbs took the team out for bonding times like a movie ... but this is a whole different level of interaction. I'm sure Harbs is gung-ho for it for this reason alone if nothing else (as long as it works)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by @SumthingObvious View Post
    When did the new Strength and conditioning coach officially start? Campy seems to reference his style/workouts in the PR hype article that came out?

Health is key. Like Paramount for the offense in particular. I think a lot of bets are being made on the skill positions and their health. I know I asked to be Macho Man Randy Savage with the FWO crew. I've been very quiet on the boards the last few weeks. I think a lot of folks make very valid points on both sides of the fence here.

I do not see how anyone could logically look at what we have done this offseason...not previous drafts etc....I know there is some possibilities of a year end presser starting your smoke screen for the draft (far fetched a bit) but it seemed to me we were committed to helping or improving the offense. Is part of that improvement just instituting a better Offense game plan under Marty? I sure as hell hope so. Getting Bigger on the Line was touted...DeuceGoose and Elu certainly are bigger but are they day 1 starters? Time will tell...

Going into camp with a HEALTHIER Joe Flacco, a HEALTHIER Perriman, a HEALTHIER Camp, should certainly help but it shouldn't be the only thing we hang our hat on. Have to think we add something else to the OLine and an additional WR at some point.
    You can't be both Macho Man Randy Savage, and quiet on the board. It just doesn't work.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

11. Re: Coming Into Camp Healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    You can't be both Macho Man Randy Savage, and quiet on the board. It just doesn't work.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    touché. Work has had me insanely busy so every time I want to reply/post I would get pulled away.

Cream of the crop...cream of the crop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm willing to bet Camp is injured within the first two weeks of TC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB