Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
Regarding the concentration drops. He has had this problem his entire college and now professional career. How do you see this honestly changing?

It never did for Terrell Owens. He was well known for the amount of drops he had, but he was light years better and running routes, creating separation and in a completely different level than where Perriman or even Torey is.

Perriman isn't a RB, where the ball is placed in his hands like a Tikie Barber and he changed how he held the ball to fix his fumbling issue.

Perriman seems to be lacking a good mental aspect of the game. The link someone provided earlier about he doesn't talk to his teammates etc....

I hope he turns in a good season, but I am sorry I just don't see him doubling his current stats which would the bench mark for just an average season roughly 1000 yards.

We need a guy who can hit that 1300-1500 yrd range for a change. Look at the WR competition within our division we face.
Write up on Terrell Owens from the 1996 NFL draft.

Terrell Owens, Tennessee-Chattanooga (6-3, 213lbs, 4.60): Superb size. Not a burner, but he has good hands and agility. Will go over the middle. Needs to improve routes and concentration level. 2nd-4th rounder.

So, apparently he was not a great route runner out of college and not all that fast. But he got better and was able to break out in his 3rd year in the league. Owens only caught 35 passes for 520 yards and 4TDs his first year. It is a shame that the Ravens drafted a wr that can't get any better. Guess we better start looking for a shiny new toy.