Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 323334

Re: Ravens spend way more cap money on offense than defense

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Watch Danny Woodhead will be our leading WR for 2017!
    Can he play in the slot?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I'd settle for ones that atleast get their head around before the ball goes sailing by their ear holes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was bad. Complain about your targets and in the biggest game of the year, in the fourth quarter, while trying to drive to comeback, you don't even look for the ball.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

When Joe Flacco gets his ass repeatedly and embarrassingly handed to him in Super Bowls, I'll welcome the comparison of John Elway to the Elite One.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

4. Re: Ravens spend way more cap money on offense than defense

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Can he play in the slot?

Oh, yes, he's been very good too.

Article is from 2015
    http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...c12-story.html

With two receivers down, the Chargers may need Woodhead’s pass-catching prowess to help constrain the Chiefs.

Woodhead is a running back, but he’s been catching passes since the day he lined up at slot receiver as a sophomore at Nebraska’s North Platte High.

His dad, Mark Woodhead, was the receivers coach. Big brother Ben was a teammate.

Staying in the Cornhusker State for college, Woodhead took handoffs for Chadron State yet also lined up at slot receiver.

He is now, six years after joining the NFL, still a menace to linebackers and safeties charged with defending him. With 55 catches this season, he’s 32nd among all NFL players. Only two other running backs have more receptions: the Detroit Lions’ Theo Riddick (60) and the Atlanta Falcons’ Devonta Freeman (58).

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Oh, yes, he's been very good too.

Article is from 2015
    http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...c12-story.html
    Alright! Let's go offense!

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    And the blame goes 100% to Harbaugh or maybe Biscotti gets some for hiring a coach who has no philosophy

This is the real problem, well said.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    You're missing a few ifs, IMO.

- IF BP takes the next step.
    - IF our TE's can stay healthy
    - IF Camp or Moore takes control of the slot.

Those pass catchers stepping up are absolutely crucial. Joe can't throw and catch the ball as well.
    You forgetting the OC actually scheming WR open

8. Re: Ravens spend way more cap money on offense than defense

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Title states Joe was flustered by Pats' zone D.

Article then proceeds to point out that the Pats knew Ravens' game plan, had the perfect strategic counter to it, and that neither Marty or Harbs adjusted to what they were doing to try and counter their counter.

Because adjustments are overrated, remember.

Adjustments like running the ball more than just 13 times. By contrast, the Pats with the GOAT at QB and plenty of receiving weapons, still rushed the ball 25 times, basically double that amount.

Article also admits that our WRs/TEs failed to make big plays on their own, like the Pats WRs/TEs clearly did.

However, once again it's Joe's fault for not overcoming all that.
    Yup, it's Joe's fault for getting so flustered he only managed a measly 324 yds.

Meanwhile not one word about the vaunted Ravens D under the great Pees unable to stop either Brady (406 yds, 3 TDs) their RBs (96 yds on 24 carries, 4 yds per) or the Pats pass catchers, at all (Hogan, White, Edelman, Bennett, and Mitchell--that's right, they didn't even have Gronk that day. Maybe if they did, Brady goes for 500 yds with 4 or 5 TDs).

Nope, all Joe's fault.
    For getting flustered, because clearly he was too stupid and slow to decipher their zone D.

Rack that my man. Joe's not perfect but it's crazy how people make him the fall guy for EVERYTHING while the defense and coaching gets a pass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Question: if Wallace starts out hot, say 400 - 500 yards and a couple of TDs through week 6, do you attempt to extend him, if you are Oz? I would. Nothing crazy, but 2 more years, maybe? IMHO, the element/importance of chemistry shouldn't be minimized. Ravens44 nailed it.
    I would too. Wallace is "only" 31 (Aug 1st) and Flacco seems comfortable with a vet WR to go to. While that wouldn't stop me from drafting a WR high in 2018, Wallace and Perriman hopefully will combine to become a dual threat... Bc