Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Blog Entries

Re: Alex Lewis at C?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Short and sweet but that sums it up pretty well. They have options, but bringing in a $3M vet is probably not one of them. I'd also rather not see them monkey around with Lewis and move him around but if he's up for it, it's an option. They'll figure it out, I don't think they're signing one of these free agents any time soon. Perhaps someone late in the fall will get cut.
    I'd be shocked if he signed anything below 3.5 mil, he will be paid that this year if he spends it on the beach in Hawaii

anything less and the Chargers are on the hook for whatever is short of 3.5 mil
    He lost 2.5 million more in salary by being cut, wouldn't surprise me to see him try to get back as close to 6 mil as he can ... IMO we are outbid before we open our mouths.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    I'd be shocked if he signed anything below 3.5 mil, he will be paid that this year if he spends it on the beach in Hawaii

anything less and the Chargers are on the hook for whatever is short of 3.5 mil
    He lost 2.5 million more in salary by being cut, wouldn't surprise me to see him try to get back as close to 6 mil as he can ... IMO we are outbid before we open our mouths.
    Yup there are teams out there that are flush with cap space and as you say, he can do nothing and make $3.5 so he won't even consider anything shy of $5ish IMO.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Then cut Watson and Arrington already 6 million saved right there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Then cut Watson and Arrington already 6 million saved right there.
    Not till after they pass the physical that medically clears them, which probably won't happen till the start of camp when they come in.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Not till after they pass the physical that medically clears them, which probably won't happen till the start of camp when they come in.
    Which hopefully would explain why Mangold hasent signed yet. I'm hoping for a wink wink type deal is in place let's him skip some of the dog day stuff, you get to put some young guys there for the start of camp. And you get to clear cap space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    At this point they might as well try everyone but Stanley and Yanda at Center. New coach, new system and 2 less starters. Play around with things and hope that something works.
    Try Yanda too. Why not? He did make the line calls when Gradkowski was center

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I wouldn't. The Ravens only have two anchors on the Oline (Stanley @ LT and Yanda @ RG). Even though Yanda is versatile, do you really want to fill three other position (considering Alex Lewis @ LG or RT?) and move Yanda to an unfamiliar position? I believe there's enough uncertainty on our Oline already without moving a solid veteran RG... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Having Yanda helps things. At some point our CS is going to have to be able to transition a young player to the position.

Maybe it's not Lewis but someone on the roster has to be able to play the position. We drafted a bunch of them with that idea in mind.

Gino situation kind of scares me though. That should have never happened. It makes me wonder whether or not JH can identify talent at the position. Though in fairness it's not just a problem with JH like I mentioned earlier Jason Brown probably the best center we ever had sat behind a mediocre Flynn for two years.

However, it doesn't seem to be a problem for other teams. The Steelers pick guys off the street who can play.
    This is going off topic but Jason Brown had on good season in Baltimore at center (it was pretty good), but then he took the money and signed with the Rams, he then quickly flamed out and was cut a few years later. I still think Matt Birk deserves the praise of being our best center as he was the most durable and helped us win a SB and was a great leader for our guys. His best game as a Raven was arguably in the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    He is the best guard in the NFL that is the reason why I would not put him at Center. Lewis is an overall player he can play any position on the offensive line he's proved that. With his size his quickness and natural ability he would be great Imo at Center. Don't take someone who is the best in the NFL in their position and move them. I just can't justify that in my mind. And I'm not for just moving people around. Yanda won't be a great Center and they can't afford to get the great guard.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind if Lewis did win the starting C job. If he can make calls and snap , let him beast the middle for years for Joe. Got some blood lines that can be a good , maybe a dream for the father -son Center connection. I believe Alex can play really anywhere and maybe Center is his calling for us.

My question is if Skura is bigger and more technically sound to compete and win that C job. They give a big bonus to keep him last year. They liked him alot. A year of weight training hopefully help the young dude.

On a island myself, but I believe some good will come out the trio of , Skura, Broxton and Nembot. I really love this group. If Skura win the C job all will be great. But wouldn't mind letting Lewis win it too.

So I'm hoping for a Good O line of
    Stanley-Nico -Lewis-Yanda-Nembot or
    Stanley-Lewis-Skura-Yanda-Nembot

I do believe Nembot will win RT job. I really like this dude. Nico i loved coming out. Loved scouting Pumphrey and Nico was a beast blocking for him. I like him to win LG if Lewis goes to C. Either way, I'm comfortable we have Yanda replacement on roster. Nico or Broxton can be groomed for that. I think London is a year away just like the Trio i stated. I do think he will become good. Can even groom him for RG if Nembot really pans out at RT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    He is the best guard in the NFL that is the reason why I would not put him at Center. Lewis is an overall player he can play any position on the offensive line he's proved that. With his size his quickness and natural ability he would be great Imo at Center. Don't take someone who is the best in the NFL in their position and move them. I just can't justify that in my mind. And I'm not for just moving people around. Yanda won't be a great Center and they can't afford to get the great guard.

You make a good case

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    You make a good case
    TY