Page 1 of 23 123 ... LastLast

Thread: May 9 Tenders

Blog Entries

May 9 Tenders

http://operations.nfl.com/football-o...ant-nfl-dates/

So is tomorrow the day when the Ravens actually improve the offense, or do we have to wait until summer?

First they said it would be addressed as a priority (i.e., free agency), that didn't happen....then they said "we still have the draft"...we landed two late rd OLmen

Then we heard that "well there will be players that will be available"

Maybe we will get that late summer WR that barely had time to work with the QB and/or learn the offense. I'm sure that will help immensely.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: May 9 Tenders

If today is the tender deadline, is it may 10 or may 12 that unsigned players no longer count against comp picks?

May 10 seems logical but it seems it's may 12 for some reason.

It seems may 12 is the new bumped up date that was previously June 1.

Last edited by bt12483; 05-09-2017 at 07:04 AM.

Blog Entries

Regardless of the technicalities of the dates...

Does anyone think they'll actually add an established offensive player before August to help this team?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Regardless of the technicalities of the dates...

Does anyone think they'll actually add an established offensive player before August to help this team?

It all depends on price. The Ravens have under $7 million in cap space which is the 3rd least in the NFL. Will that drive prices up for the guys that teams have been waiting to get to deadline to sign? We really haven't seen the cuts that we have in past years because there is still a record amount of cap space unused by teams. That could mean we get some cuts in August camps that we used to get in OTAs. However since teams don't need to cut these guys for cap reasons it probably means that they just aren't any good.

My gut tells me that they're going to sign Boldin for more money that will be it. Mangold they're not going to touch until he's healthy and who knows if some other team will wait. I'm not expecting anyone of substance to be added

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It all depends on price. The Ravens have under $7 million in cap space which is the 3rd least in the NFL. Will that drive prices up for the guys that teams have been waiting to get to deadline to sign? We really haven't seen the cuts that we have in past years because there is still a record amount of cap space unused by teams. That could mean we get some cuts in August camps that we used to get in OTAs. However since teams don't need to cut these guys for cap reasons it probably means that they just aren't any good.

My gut tells me that they're going to sign Boldin for more money that will be it. Mangold they're not going to touch until he's healthy and who knows if some other team will wait. I'm not expecting anyone of substance to be added
    If your scenario plays out then we have all been lied to by the Ravens.

Blog Entries

"Lied to" is the wrong phrase IMO.

Listen, I say this every damn year, players have a say in where they go. It isn't one of those things where the agent randomly knocks on a FA's door and says "Hey, you're going to this team for X number of dollars."

Players can pick and choose from multiple offers.

As fans, we'll never outright know if the sentence "Ravens are interested in ______________." means that they've submitted an offer to them or if they're just calling the agent to see what the player is looking for (both in terms of dollars and opportunity).

Corey Graham is a good example. We know the Ravens were trying to keep him, but he left and signed with Buffalo. Why? Because he is FROM Buffalo, NY and they were his childhood team.

Terrance West had multiple offers from other teams before signing with Baltimore's practice squad. Why? Because the Ravens were his team as a kid and how great of an opportunity is it for the kid to be able to suit up in his home town like that?

Tony Jefferson turned down more $$$ from Cleveland to come to Baltimore. Why? Because Baltimore has a history of great defenses and Jefferson wanted to play with Eric Weddle.

Maybe a lot of players out there don't want to play for John Harbaugh. Maybe Alshon Jeffery chose Philly over Baltimore because he wouldn't be competing for touches in Philly whereas in Baltimore he'd be contending with Pitta, Perriman, and Wallace?

It's just so hard to say.

I don't believe that they "lied to us" (btw - that is an incredibly immature perspective). I just don't think that this off-season worked out like they anticipated it. That is pretty evident in the draft when Davis, Williams, and Ross all came off the board in the Top-10 picks. Ozzie and DeCosta clearly weren't expecting that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

When the head coach said they'd prioritize the offense and they haven't, yes that is called a lie.

No matter what happens from here on out they simply did NOT make offense a priority. They lied about that.

You know how to get players to come here? Give them more $. Simple. While some will turn down more money for a chance to win and/or play at home, plenty just go with whatever team offers the most.

Blog Entries

I'm tired of the front office playing the victim card regarding the offense.

"Well the board didn't fall our way"

Fuck that. You can manipulate the board. It isn't static. You don't have to be bound by self inflicted restraints. It is a free flowing moving target. They simply don't WANT to.

There is a difference in not being able to and not wanting to.

They had just as much ability as anyone else to sign a RT, C or WR in free agency.

They CHOSE to use $ on Williams and jefferson and Carr.

No one forced them to do that. They weren't held against their will and forced to spend $ on defense.

No one forced them to use the first 4 picks on defense.

They CHOSE to do that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

If they head into the season as currently constructed I don't see how anyone can realistically expect them to be competitive. You're looking at 8-8 at best. The defense is going to be on the field a long long time. The line is going to be terrible the backs will be getting 1-2 yards on first 1-2 on second and it's going to be 3rd and long a lot. With zero pass protection, it's going to be brutal to watch. It will look a lot like 2000 on offense and this defense is no where near that defense. But all those that are heaping praise on this draft and off season moves will be the first in line to bitch about Joe and the offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    If today is the tender deadline, is it may 10 or may 12 that unsigned players no longer count against comp picks?May 10 seems logical but it seems it's may 12 for some reason. It seems may 12 is the new bumped up date that was previously June 1.Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
    It's May 9th - today. Best available would be Blount, Boldin, Floyd...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't believe that they "lied to us" (btw - that is an incredibly immature perspective). I just don't think that this off-season worked out like they anticipated it. That is pretty evident in the draft when Davis, Williams, and Ross all came off the board in the Top-10 picks. Ozzie and DeCosta clearly weren't expecting that.
    Isn't this part of the problem?

They are stuck in the past and don't realise the premium on offensive skill players.

95 percent of this board said davis and Williams will be gone when we pick. 50 percent of the board myself included said john ross if fit would be the first wr of the board and even with the injury would be unlucky to be on the board at our pick.

We as posters realise teams pick these types of guys esrly so why can't the FO.

And I'm assuming the didn't because if they thought all 3 wideouts would be off the board by pick 10 they would have addressed it in free agency.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's May 9th - today. Best available would be Blount, Boldin, Floyd...
    I would like to think they are also inquiring about trades...for example it doesn't seem like Minn cares much for Treadwell.