Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: May 9 Tenders

Blog Entries

Re: May 9 Tenders

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    You are being a bit dramatic. The Oline is better shape than at this time last year. At this time last year we had a rookie LT and did not know who was going to play LG. Wagner was coming off a disappointing season and Zuttah was still our center. People on here were speculating that Steve Smith would not return from his Achilles tear. Remember all the pics of one calf being tiny. Joe Flacco was not able to participate. Perriman was also not participating. We had no idea if Pitta was going to be able to play. Boyle and Waller were suspended. Ducasse was not even part of the team yet. Trestman was our OC. Castillo was the Oline coach. Last year there was no commitment to the run by Trestman. MM inherited an offense mid season and really could not make many changes during the season. The offense is in a better place now than it was a year ago. MM has a history of more balanced offenses than what we saw last year. Greg Roman is definitely a run first offensive mind. A change at Oline coach is a welcome addition. We have Lewis and Stanley who are no longer rookies.

The Ravens have 7m in cap space and can clear another 5m by cutting Watson and Arrington. The Ravens are also paying Jeremy Zuttah not to play this year. They clearly think that no matter who they put in at C is going to be an upgrade. There will be some quality veteran Oline guys who hit the market. The TE position could not be any worse than where we were last year. I believe the Oline will be fine. I doubt we are able to add anyone to wr spot. At least not anyone who is going to make an impact.
    AS CURRENTLY CONSTRUCTED I stand by my statements. Theres no center no one knows who is playing RT. No one even really knows how good Lewis is. No one knows whether or not he can play RT. The team lost its number 1 go to receiver and its best back is only going to play 3/4 of the season at most. I'd say there is plenty to be concerned about. And last years offensive squad was not good at all

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I guess another way to look at it is they probably figure they have a better chance of drafting successful defense of players than they do offense of players. Especially skill positions.
    wicked, I'm not being contrary here, just a reminder : Elam, A. Brown, Kindle, Brooks, all high defensive draft choices that failed. If a team drafts a higher percentage of defensive players then it stands to reason that more of them will succeed. Perhaps not a higher percentage, but a higher number... Bc

Depth my friend. Depth of a really good young Center behind Wisnewski is why they now afford to trade Kelce.

How many posters here wanted Kelce even before Zuttah was gone?

The point of the statement is the Eagles have a luxury of a move like that because they don't have the holes at Center and WR positions like the Ravens do?

I would take Kelce any day of the week over Jensen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Depth my friend. Depth of a really good young Center behind Wisnewski is why they now afford to trade Kelce.

How many posters here wanted Kelce even before Zuttah was gone?

The point of the statement is the Eagles have a luxury of a move like that because they don't have the holes at Center and WR positions like the Ravens do?

I would take Kelce any day of the week over Jensen.
    From what I've seen, Orlovsky isn't any better of a prospect than Matt Skura was/is. That's why they were undrafted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    wicked, I'm not being contrary here, just a reminder : Elam, A. Brown, Kindle, Brooks, all high defensive draft choices that failed. If a team drafts a higher percentage of defensive players then it stands to reason that more of them will succeed. Perhaps not a higher percentage, but a higher number... Bc

You left off a few names

Courtney Upshaw ( Decent player but never lived up to expectations) We could have found a guy much later if not undrafted who could have played the same role.
    Terrance Cody (absolute bust) Was never in shape or motivated. This name should ring heavy with all the Ozzie apologists on this board.
    timmy Jernigan ( Had a few flashes but never played or lived up to where he was selected )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    Contrary to the daily propaganda by FWO faction, this offense right now has the weapons to succeed. It's just incumbent that Joe Flacco play well this season. Instead of excuses, Flacco just needs to make the players around him better. Just like Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay. Can you imagine what Rodgers would do with this receiving corps?

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    The WR corp in GB is full of 2nd Rd draft picks. Nelson. Cobb. Adams. Even montgomery is a 3rd Rd pick.

They just signed Bennett at TE.

They surrounded Rodgers with weapons. They've invested in the offense.

You are being intellectually dishonest.

Are you employed by the Ravens?

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    From what I've seen, Orlovsky isn't any better of a prospect than Matt Skura was/is. That's why they were undrafted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do you come to this comparison?

Matt Skura from Duke played with Acc competiion.

Tyler Orlosky played in the big 12, way better completion. The guy was a redshirt guard, 3 year starter and team captain. He sure seems a hell of a lot more NFL ready than Skura.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    AS CURRENTLY CONSTRUCTED I stand by my statements. Theres no center no one knows who is playing RT. No one even really knows how good Lewis is. No one knows whether or not he can play RT. The team lost its number 1 go to receiver and its best back is only going to play 3/4 of the season at most. I'd say there is plenty to be concerned about. And last years offensive squad was not good at all
    Yep... We are definitely going to lose this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    Contrary to the daily propaganda by FWO faction, this offense right now has the weapons to succeed. It's just incumbent that Joe Flacco play well this season. Instead of excuses, Flacco just needs to make the players around him better. Just like Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay. Can you imagine what Rodgers would do with this receiving corps?

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.

LOL, now this is the funniest statement since the draft.

The Ravens have Weapons?

Who?
    What are their names?
    When did they get here?

But even if that bat shit crazy statement was true you still throw out there (Flacco needs to make the players better) statement.

What team in the NFL besides the cheating clowns up in New England have a great offense with below average talent surrounding them? ??? Even the Patriots offense improved when they got talents like Moss, Welker, Gronk etc.... It wasn't always Hogan and Edelman likes there.

No team in the league has a worse WR group than us. Not 1 team on paper looks worse right now

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I would just like to interject a moment of I TOLD YOU SO ABOUT LAQUAN TREADWELL. Did anybody listen? Did anybody trust the Sword? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    Games: 9 started: 1
    Targets: 3 Receptions: 1
    Yards: 15 TDx: 0

He beat Perriman in everything but TDs
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    You left off a few names

Courtney Upshaw ( Decent player but never lived up to expectations) We could have found a guy much later if not undrafted who could have played the same role.
    Terrance Cody (absolute bust) Was never in shape or motivated. This name should ring heavy with all the Ozzie apologists on this board.
    timmy Jernigan ( Had a few flashes but never played or lived up to where he was selected )
    saw, I left them out because they did have some measure of success even if for a limited time... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    When the head coach said they'd prioritize the offense and they haven't, yes that is called a lie.

No matter what happens from here on out they simply did NOT make offense a priority. They lied about that.

You know how to get players to come here? Give them more $. Simple. While some will turn down more money for a chance to win and/or play at home, plenty just go with whatever team offers the most.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

If you felt like they lied it still doesn't take away the fact that there is no guarantee in free agency or the draft. It's nature of the business for things to not go as plan even if a team set high goals to address certain positions. I'm sure The Jets set high priority to get a quarterback in this year draft but things didn't go as planned. Players do like to get paid but I think playing time and the dream to make statement that they are one of the best players in the league is underrated.