Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Floyd

Blog Entries

Re: Michael Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He is going to get signed by someone, after May 9th...
    If he survives Cinco De Mayo.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I would take a chance on him. If he gets suspended it would be at most 2 games for extreme dui. He has been in the league for 5 years and this is his first infraction. He had a DUI in college 7 years ago.

He is a big target that has had some success in the league. I am also guessing that his performance was not great because he had an alcohol problem. If he looks like has his act together it would be worth taking a chance.

More than likely he ends up in Minnesota as that is where he starred in HS.

Blog Entries

No Floyd please, the Ravens don't need another recycled receiver that will add to the blame Flacco for the poor offence crowd.

I'm in more of a "throw a bunch of sh*t at the wall and see what sticks" type of place right now.

I would take literally ANYONE at WR right now...get them all on the roster, and see what shakes out through training camp / preseason.

I would have already signed Eric Rogers (cut from the 49ers) and I would sign Floyd as soon as it wouldn't affect Comp allocation (I don't know if Floyd reached Free Agency, or if he was cut, and I'm too lazy to look...we may be able to sign him at any time with no issues).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont know if I buy that so much. I think the Pats primarily signed him thinking that he'd get a decent enough deal elsewhere after the season and give the Pats a comp pick. You don't sign a player that late in the season, expect them to figure the offense out, and become a contributor. There is no way Floyd was going to crack that lineup.

Signing Floyd was an off-season chess move.
    if that's the case then why was he starting for them? Floyd wasn't just on the roster. He started the last game and the 1st playoff game. I remember seeing Floyd on the field a lot during that playoff game against the Texans. He did very little. He did have a couple of decent down field blocks but that's about all I can remember. Some team will sign Floyd after the deadline but I'm not sure the Ravens will be interested given his potential suspension, poor place and at least with the Cardinals, bad attitude.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I'm in more of a "throw a bunch of sh*t at the wall and see what sticks" type of place right now.

I would take literally ANYONE at WR right now...get them all on the roster, and see what shakes out through training camp / preseason.

I would have already signed Eric Rogers (cut from the 49ers) and I would sign Floyd as soon as it wouldn't affect Comp allocation (I don't know if Floyd reached Free Agency, or if he was cut, and I'm too lazy to look...we may be able to sign him at any time with no issues).
    What about Cruz and Boldin? Both were healthy and productive last year even if they weren't anything special

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What about Cruz and Boldin? Both were healthy and productive last year even if they weren't anything special
    Yeah, I'd get them too. Like I said, gimme everyone who has even a remote chance of being productive.

We have to wait until May 12th for Boldin (and maybe Cruz too?), because of the Comp pick formula.

I don't blame the F.O. for not forcing a WR in the draft, but they needed one (at least), and didn't get it. Now they have to find some way to pull a rabbit out of a hat. Best way to do that is get everyone on one field and keep the best of what shows up.
    Last edited by Doctor; 05-05-2017 at 11:42 AM.

I'd prefer Cruz I think out of all. He stayed healthy last year. He caught 39 balls on 72 targets for 582 yards.

I don't expect anythign more than that, but as BPR has pointed out we have a lot of targets to replace with Juice, Aiken and Senior gone.

I think Cruz is better than Aiken.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Yeah, I'd get them too. Like I said, gimme everyone who has even a remote chance of being productive.

We have to wait until May 12th for Boldin (and maybe Cruz too?), because of the Comp pick formula.

I don't blame the F.O. for not forcing a WR in the draft, but they needed one (at least), and didn't get it. Now they have to find some way to pull a rabbit out of a hat. Best way to do that is get everyone on one field and keep the best of what shows up.
    Cruz was cut. The only team who he met with was the Panthers. I heard him say he reached out to the Jaguars because he loved Coughlin but they hadn't shown any interest.

I get what you are saying. It's what we did at running back a couple of years ago and ended up having a great year with Forsett. Get a bunch of options and watch it shake out in camp. It's not a bad idea but we still have to be careful. Last I saw the Ravens had under $7 million in cap space left. As we saw with Hester last year that can get eaten up really quickly if you aren't careful

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    lol i laugh at this because it's true, if two of the top offensive teams couldn't get this guy to play football what the hell would he do here?
    drag route.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I don't think we can take "a shot in the dark" so to speak. Now I've got a unique idea : maybe the Ravens should draft a WR early. Say the 1st or 2nd rounds so we fans can have something to hang our hats on. Otherwise, we keep stirring up the same old names and hope lightening strikes twice... Bc
    WHAT are you putting in your Geritol? Don't you realize this is a RAVENS thread? Go take some Metamucil, you're just not making sense.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    WHAT are you putting in your Geritol? Don't you realize this is a RAVENS thread? Go take some Metamucil, you're just not making sense.
    So right! What was I thinking? BTW, how do you know what I'm taking on a daily basis to make sure my old body and mind are functioning to to their highest (mediocre) peak?
    ... Bc