Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Re: What wide receivers from other teams might get cut that we could sign?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They'll add a WR but that doesn't mean it's going to be anyone good or fill the huge holes that this team has at WR. It's like when they traded for Chris Givens a couple of seasons ago. That was just a waste of cap space and a draft pick.
    I've mentioned his name in a couple of other threads, but if this guy isn't an Ozzie kind of player, I don't know who is...

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/05/1...kins-patriots/

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3168615

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Re: What wide receivers from other teams might get cut that we could sign?

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    I've mentioned his name in a couple of other threads, but if this guy isn't an Ozzie kind of player, I don't know who is...

I hope this post was a joke or there is some sarcasm hidden in it?

Just what we need a 31 year old 5' 7" 175lbs WR. No thank you

Yes, I remember the Chris Givens waste of a roster spot and draft pick. What a shit show that was.

3. Re: What wide receivers from other teams might get cut that we could sign?

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    I hope this post was a joke or there is some sarcasm hidden in it?

Just what we need a 31 year old 5' 7" 175lbs WR. No thank you

Yes, I remember the Chris Givens waste of a roster spot and draft pick. What a shit show that was.
    Ok. You've convinced me. We'll trade for DeAndre Hopkins.

Back in Realsville, we're talking about scraps and castaways - players that are currently unsigned or that will be cut in training camp. I'm not saying I endorse the approach - I would have been thrilled with a pick in one if the first three rounds - but given that we didn't do something in the draft, I just can't believe that we'll head into the season with Camp, Moore, Matthews, and/or some UDFA as our #3-6 receivers.

And, BTW, I guess the defending Super Bowl Champs and their Hall of Fame head coach and talent evaluator brought the guy in for a workout because he's a scrub and they're looking for a new ball boy to replace the deflator, right?

Back in Realsville, we're talking about scraps and castaways - players that are currently unsigned or that will be cut in training camp. I'm not saying I endorse the approach - I would have been thrilled with a pick in one if the first three rounds - but given that we didn't do something in the draft, I just can't believe that we'll head into the season with Camp, Moore, Matthews, and/or some UDFA as our #3-6 receivers.

And, BTW, I guess the defending Super Bowl Champs and their Hall of Fame head coach and talent evaluator brought the guy in for a workout because he's a scrub and they're looking for a new ball boy to replace the deflator, right?

The guy might not be a scrub in that offense with that QB , that coach, that coordinator.

They are loaded at WR talent.

A 31 year old 5' 7" 175 lb WR would but a scrub here absolutely. We don't run anywhere near the offense the Patriots run. We could trade for Edlemen and Amendolla both and they will amount to nothing here.

We will sign some post June 1 cut, or it will be Cruz or Boldin. We will not trade or land anyone who will really impact or change this offense.

Blog Entries

I remember Hawkins having a good season with Hoyer at QB but that was years ago. I just can't see him doing anything that Camp and Moore can't do at this point. I'd go with Cruz before Hawkins. No matter what though it's tough to think that anyone who we can get will be a real difference maker unless they want to trade a lot to get him

6. Re: What wide receivers from other teams might get cut that we could sign?

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    We will not trade or land anyone who will really impact or change this offense.
    Agree to an extent - I just think we need insurance policies for Perriman and Camp. Granted, I'm talking about cheap insurance, like through some BB+ rated insurer that could become insolvent at any time. On the other hand, I'm with HbgRavenFan - our best investment option at this point in time is the o-line.

7. Re: What wide receivers from other teams might get cut that we could sign?

I remember Hawkins having a good season with Hoyer at QB but that was years ago. I just can't see him doing anything that Camp and Moore can't do at this point. I'd go with Cruz before Hawkins. No matter what though it's tough to think that anyone who we can get will be a real difference maker unless they want to trade a lot to get him
    On talent and upside, I'd go with Cruz too. But I think someone like Hawkins would be cheaper, and could step-in for Camp if (I didn't say when) he gets hurt.

Blog Entries

On talent and upside, I'd go with Cruz too. But I think someone like Hawkins would be cheaper, and could step-in for Camp if (I didn't say when) he gets hurt.

By the way that Daily News article on Hawkins is just awesome. I'd love to get him in our front office when his playing days are over. It reminds of the stories I read about Ozzie. Some players really love this game and are willing to work their butts off to stay in it even when they can't play anymore. You really have to respect that

9. Re: What wide receivers from other teams might get cut that we could sign?

By the way that Daily News article on Hawkins is just awesome. I'd love to get him in our front office when his playing days are over. It reminds of the stories I read about Ozzie. Some players really love this game and are willing to work their butts off to stay in it even when they can't play anymore. You really have to respect that
    4.0 shuttle; 4.0 GPA...LOL

Even in Realsville, this would be the same move people complain about just like Givens move. Bringing in Hawkins would just prolong the development of our younger guys again, who wont get better unless we give them a chance. I understand your not advocating for Hawkins, just an honorable mention, but Cruz, Vjax, Eddie Royal, Stevie Johnson, Boldin are all more realistic and better options in my opinion.

One of Two names I would like to bring in as a KR is Percy Harvin or Cordell Patterson. We are missing that dynamic playmaker in the return game and I don't think Reynolds, Camp, or Moore can be that guy. Maybe Camp....until he gets breathed on like Lebron in a playoff game.

Also, just because the Pats brought him in for a look doesn't mean anything. If BB doesn't sign a player theres most likely a reson why, maybe they just needed a camp body when they brought him and decided he cant see over the Gatorade table so no point.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Even in Realsville, this would be the same move people complain about just like Givens move. Bringing in Hawkins would just prolong the development of our younger guys again, who wont get better unless we give them a chance. I understand your not advocating for Hawkins, just an honorable mention, but Cruz, Vjax, Eddie Royal, Stevie Johnson, Boldin are all more realistic and better options in my opinion.

One of Two names I would like to bring in as a KR is Percy Harvin or Cordell Patterson. We are missing that dynamic playmaker in the return game and I don't think Reynolds, Camp, or Moore can be that guy. Maybe Camp....until he gets breathed on like Lebron in a playoff game.

Also, just because the Pats brought him in for a look doesn't mean anything. If BB doesn't sign a player theres most likely a reson why, maybe they just needed a camp body when they brought him and decided he cant see over the Gatorade table so no point.
    hes in oakland

Agree to an extent - I just think we need insurance policies for Perriman and Camp. Granted, I'm talking about cheap insurance, like through some BB+ rated insurer that could become insolvent at any time. On the other hand, I'm with HbgRavenFan - our best investment option at this point in time is the o-line.

When it pertains to the offense Ozzie doesn't bring in insurance polices for what if and when it happens. Case in point would be the 2013 season.

The insurance policy was Marlon Brown experience,
    then in 2015 we waste a draft pick on Givens.

How well did either one work out? Both were flops.

Teams continue to draft and load up on WR talent year after year. The only team that doesn't seem to do that would happen to be located here in Baltimore.
    They would rather have extra DT