Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: What wide receivers from other teams might get cut that we could sign?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I've heard rumors that the new GM of the Colts does not particularity like Phillip Dorsett. When Aiken was signed they said that the #3 WR position is wide open and he could beat out Dorsett. They're not cutting Dorsett but they might shop him, similar to what we did with Jernigan. Would anyone want Dorsett? He was really good in college but has looked kind of dopey as a pro.

He probably wouldn't be that type of receiver who can make the dependable catches when needed but he could be a explosive slot receiver with the ability to beat defenders deep. He also could be The Raven starting kick returner right away as well so yeah I wouldn't mind The Ravens trading for him.

Blog Entries

I've heard rumors that the new GM of the Colts does not particularity like Phillip Dorsett. When Aiken was signed they said that the #3 WR position is wide open and he could beat out Dorsett. They're not cutting Dorsett but they might shop him, similar to what we did with Jernigan. Would anyone want Dorsett? He was really good in college but has looked kind of dopey as a pro.
    Personally, I didn't like Dorsett coming out of Miami, but I could see where someone would be intrigued by his athleticism.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I thought he was really really good in college, good route runner and "quick". He's a little small for my taste (im not a GM), but with his ability to get off press, route running and quickness.... I figured he'd be really good in the pros...

what happened in the NFL?

If Im trading for Dorsett vs Matthews.... I want Dorsett. He was too good in college to be a bust in the NFL.

I trade for him / sign him, and stick him in the slot in every Redzone package

Jalen Strong from Texans. Probably cheap. Has some experience and a couple years of pro coaching. Change of scene (and Engram) might help him. After all, we really don't need much, just one decent WR would make a difference.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Jalen Strong from Texans. Probably cheap. Has some experience and a couple years of pro coaching. Change of scene (and Engram) might help him. After all, we really don't need much, just one decent WR would make a difference.
    I'd love to get Strong I was hoping we would draft him. I doubt Houston would let him go tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

If Im trading for Dorsett vs Matthews.... I want Dorsett. He was too good in college to be a bust in the NFL.
    Isn't that what they said about Matt Elam?

I'm honestly not sure if I want the Ravens to trade for a WR unless another GM goes nuts and offers someone decent for peanuts. Watkins sounds good but if we got him he'd either: a) get hurt and play cards with Campanero, or b) play just well enough to get a monster offer and we lose him in 2018. Besides, another team would probably want one of our 2018 mid-rounders in a trade. And we'll need all those to draft more defensive linemen next year, right? I kid, I kid...

In all seriousness, I could envision Ozzie just being patient and then see what happens later in the summer.

7. Re: What wide receivers from other teams might get cut that we could sign?

The Bengals now have AJ Green, Ross, Boyd and Malone

So maybe they might cut Brandon LaFell or he might ask for his release.

*** Wait, the Bengals already had Green, Boyd and Lafell, but they still drafted both Ross and Malone?? ***

Blog Entries

Malone is going to kill this secondary in two years tops.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Chicago Bears: We have released WR Eddie Royal and waived OL Cornelius Edison, FB Paul Lasike, and DL Will Sutton.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

^^^
    Was just about to mention the Royal release. He's a DMV kid IIRC, so he maybe looking to come home to close out his career.
    He's also a fit for the slot.

Not proposing. Just table-topping.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

i like fat eddie

I think Eddie Royal would work better than Cruz or Q.