Page 3 of 330 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 Draft Thread -- because the "off-season" is when you get better!!!

Hard to give Guice a go ahead over Barkley. Guice did benefit from spliting time with Fournette. Im not a pro scout. The thing about Sequan Barkley...everyone knows he's getting the ball... and he still puts up yards.

who will end up being a better pro? who knows. PSU has a history of amazing college RB's who dont fare as well in the pros. I've talked to alot of people who have met Sequan and say he can be a little full of himself... Normally not an issue, but who knows if it will hurt his draft status

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    A sleeper unit to watch this fall is the NC State defensive line. They might have 4 guys that play on Sundays.
    How many of them will Ozzie draft? ... Bc

does anoyne have insider still that can share the rest?
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/in...every-position

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Hard to give Guice a go ahead over Barkley. Guice did benefit from spliting time with Fournette. Im not a pro scout. The thing about Sequan Barkley...everyone knows he's getting the ball... and he still puts up yards.

who will end up being a better pro? who knows. PSU has a history of amazing college RB's who dont fare as well in the pros. I've talked to alot of people who have met Sequan and say he can be a little full of himself... Normally not an issue, but who knows if it will hurt his draft status
    It really isn't though. Guice can re-accelerate after contact. Barkley's burst is not as explosive. Guice is RB1 for me.

It's gonna be crazy when Kalen Ballage becomes a better pro than Leonard Fournette...
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Known 2018 needs at the moment...??? (in no particular order)

1) Center (OMG)
    1a) QB - Leverage vs. Joe in 2018/2019
    2) Field-flipping RB
    3) SAF - Youth
    4) WR
    5) TE
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 06-08-2017 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Updated via Leach
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

With the 32nd pick of the 2018 NFL draft. The Baltimore Ravens select, Frank Ragnow, Center, Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    With the 32nd pick of the 2018 NFL draft. The Baltimore Ravens select, Frank Ragnow, Center, Arkansas

That was my boy for 2017: Frank "Right Now"
    Compact, mobile, gets to 2nd level and gets out to the numbers if need be.

But why you got us trading all the way back to 32?

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Known 2018 needs at the moment...??? (in no particular order)

1) Center (OMG)
    1a) QB - Leverage vs. Joe in 2018/2019
    2) Field-flipping RB
    3) SAF - Youth
    4) WR
    5) TE
    1. WR
    2. TE
    3. C
    4. RT
    5. RB
    6. Dline

This is how it stands to me right now. That being said next year is a great free agent class of wrs and Centers which will line up nicely for Ravens. I don't think we have a dynamic receiving TE on the roster. That is assuming Maxx is toast due to his knee and Waller doesn't become one. If we sign Maclin, we are still going to need a young high round wr. Wallace is gone and only Moore and Perriman are under contract. I expect Perriman to develop into a really good WR. We are sill going to need guys. It is also a strong wr free agent class and we may dip into that as well. We do need a RB even if Dixon becomes good. We also need youth at safety.

I would not waste a pick on a QB in 2018. Next year the Ravens should be in a position to compete for division. They do not lose much of anything in free agency after this year. The Oline should seasoned and stacked if C and RT are addressed. WR should be good if Perriman develops and they sign Macklin or Decker. Secondary should be stacked next year. LBs should be great if young guys drafted this year develop.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    WOW, I never thought Ozzie would trade down that low... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    WOW, I never thought Ozzie would trade down that low... Bc

@BigPlayReceiver