Page 21 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Post-Draft Around the League (non Ravens news)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    i know its a conspiracy. but the fact that they didnt draft a qb or trade for one and signed old man mccown kinda has a point that they are not planning to really compete this year.
    they also lost marshall. and next years qb class is supposed to be very strong.
    We are talking about 2 areas, FO management and Coaching

No coach ever tanks, and if the team tanks under him, he is fired. So on one hand we can truly say no team thinks about tanking.

OTOH, management can set the season/coach up to fail, as Indy did by cutting Manning and going with Curtis Painter 8 games, Dan Orlovsky 5 games, Kerry Collins 3 games
    The team was as competitive as those QBs allowed it to be going 2-14 and Jim Caldwell was fired (and hired here)
    So the FO can pretty much insure the season is a major losing one, even though the coach/team is playing as hard as they can to win every game they play.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    We are talking about 2 areas, FO management and Coaching

No coach ever tanks, and if the team tanks under him, he is fired. So on one hand we can truly say no team thinks about tanking.

OTOH, management can set the season/coach up to fail, as Indy did by cutting Manning and going with Curtis Painter 8 games, Dan Orlovsky 5 games, Kerry Collins 3 games
    The team was as competitive as those QBs allowed it to be going 2-14 and Jim Caldwell was fired (and hired here)
    So the FO can pretty much insure the season is a major losing one, even though the coach/team is playing as hard as they can to win every game they play.
    Manning was injured and missed the whole season he wasn't cut till the offseason and they drafted Luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Charlotte Observer reports Panthers OT Michael Oher's absence from the offseason program is not just concussion-related.
    Per reporter Joseph Person, Oher is dealing with "personal matters" beyond his misdemeanor assault case. He is also reported to be out of shape. Oher remains penciled in as the Panthers' right tackle, but second-rounder Taylor Moton looms as a back-up plan. There's been no indication Oher is close to being cleared from the concussion that wrecked his 2016.

Blog Entries

The Charlotte Observer reports Panthers OT Michael Oher's absence from the offseason program is not just concussion-related.
    Per reporter Joseph Person, Oher is dealing with "personal matters" beyond his misdemeanor assault case. He is also reported to be out of shape. Oher remains penciled in as the Panthers' right tackle, but second-rounder Taylor Moton looms as a back-up plan. There's been no indication Oher is close to being cleared from the concussion that wrecked his 2016.
    Since I live near Nashville I get a few tidbits, the team allegedly hasn't even heard from him since Sept. when he went in concussion protocol. He's skipping OTAs and given his status (concussion protocol), they can't really pressure him about it.

He is overweight, that was evident in his mug shot a couple of weeks ago. And the team just used a 2nd round pick on a tackle, so actions speak louder than words.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Since I live near Nashville I get a few tidbits, the team allegedly hasn't even heard from him since Sept. when he went in concussion protocol. He's skipping OTAs and given his status (concussion protocol), they can't really pressure him about it.

He is overweight, that was evident in his mug shot a couple of weeks ago. And the team just used a 2nd round pick on a tackle, so actions speak louder than words.
    are you saying he is coming back to bmore?

Blog Entries

Jets waive Devin smith

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

are you saying he is coming back to bmore?
    Nah, I'm saying he may never play in the league again and the Panthers know it, that's why they have competition

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Nah, I'm saying he may never play in the league again and the Panthers know it, that's why they have competition
    i know i know lol
    jut messing around

Blog Entries

Oher is 30yr old, has collected 8 years NFL salary starting as a first round (#23) draft pick

He shouldn't have to play again if he is so inclined.

Panthers have $3,000,000 dead if he is cut
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

#Chiefs also waived OLB Victor Ochi.

overtime shortened to 10 minutes?
    bump