Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Re: What's the plan to fill out the offense?

they wanted ramsey instead of staley. i think ramsey will be the better player so cant fault them for that

Blog Entries

Other was a 1st round pick also. Straw grasping

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    they wanted ramsey instead of staley. i think ramsey will be the better player so cant fault them for that
    Possibly, but its scary to think about what our OL would look like now.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Possibly, but its scary to think about what our OL would look like now.
    yeah the OL would be a bigger mess for sure. i dont know who would play LT since the draft was weak in LT this year and not much out there in free agency.
    maybe yanda?
    i truly think that ramsey has hof potential

Man just give Perriman the got damn ball. That's all we got to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Other was a 1st round pick also. Straw grasping
    You can't be serious. That was almost a decade ago, who's even still on the team that was here in 09? Flacco, Yanda, Koch, I think that's it. Oher isn't relevant to this conversation.

The Ravens have clearly not made OL a priority over the last few years. They've treated the line as bad or worse than WR... they view it as the kind of position you lock up one or two good guys and then fill the rest of the spots with mid round picks or other teams' castoffs. It isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    yeah the OL would be a bigger mess for sure. i dont know who would play LT since the draft was weak in LT this year and not much out there in free agency.
    maybe yanda?
    i truly think that ramsey has hof potential
    Even if Ramsey is a HoF player, i dont believe he really changes our season year to year as much as a starting LT for the next 5 years and hopefully more. Obviously it depends on how well Stanley plays and there are so many other variables. But if you ask me to choose from a HoF CB or a HoF LT, im taking the LT all day (in this era of football)

Blog Entries

Just seen earlier that Jeff Zrbiec responded to a fan on Twitter on signing Boldin. Mentioning other "younger more explosive receiver" via trade as a better option...

18 May
    Jeff Zrebiec @jeffzrebiecsun
    Replying to @Yanoboxing
    I know the exact guy but I'm keeping it a secret.

Not sure if it's meant as a joke or sarcasm. But this is interesting if true. Can anyone think of someone they would be after who is tradeable?

Blog Entries

What's the plan to fill out the offense?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    You can't be serious. That was almost a decade ago, who's even still on the team that was here in 09? Flacco, Yanda, Koch, I think that's it. Oher isn't relevant to this conversation.

The Ravens have clearly not made OL a priority over the last few years. They've treated the line as bad or worse than WR... they view it as the kind of position you lock up one or two good guys and then fill the rest of the spots with mid round picks or other teams' castoffs. It isn't working.
    You mentioned Oher as an example of patchwork approach; I"m just pointing out he was a first round pick.

Look at Pitt, they haven't drafted Oline in years, got Villenuava from the Giants where he played defense. You can look at the other end of the spectrum at a team like Dallas that has drafted numerous Oline in early rounds. How many playoff games have they won the past decade?

Offensive linemen in college don't even get into a stance anymore, they look at the sidelines for the play t hen go. I"m not sure it's worth it unless there is a physical specimen that just overpowers everyone.

Last year Seattle used two UDFAs at tackles and neither had any football experience, they were just huge. Only one year sample but it failed miserably. I think teams are trying to figure out how to address Oline when it's impossible to evaluate most of these spread college teams.
    Last edited by Ravenswintitle; 05-20-2017 at 08:10 PM.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    You mentioned Oher as an example of patchwork approach; I"m just pointing out he was a first round pick.
    We need to toss in 5th rd supplemental Gaither also ... we thought we had lightening in the bottle for a while with that find.

My impression is we grow our own OL, or trade
    otherwise they are short term stop-gap bridges (Willie Anderson, Bobbie Williams, Vlad Ducasse....
    IIRC we have gotten production out of every 1st and 2nd rd OL we drafted (and were projecting Gaither as a possible 1st when he had to go supplemental early)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Honestly I would have been fine letting Wallace go and bringing in Alshon. Atleast you have two different type receivers in him and Perriman
    Nothing against him, but I feel that Flacco has had enough disruption. Wallace did have a decent year with Joe and I would like to build from that. Same goes for Perriman. let him have two WRs that he's somewhat familiar with and let's see what happens... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Nothing against him, but I feel that Flacco has had enough disruption. Wallace did have a decent year with Joe and I would like to build from that. Same goes for Perriman. let him have two WRs that he's somewhat familiar with and let's see what happens... Bc
    Yea it would be extremely nice to have some continuity own offense. Still not sure about our OC though.