Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

All Harbs team vs All Billicks team

Thought it would be a cool idea to name your best team from the Billick era and have them face off against the best team from the Harbs team in this very long and boring offseason.

Billick team:
    SKILL
    QB- McNair
    HB- Jamal
    FB- Gash
    WR1- D Mason
    WR2- Ismail
    TE1- Heap
    TE2- Sharpe

OL
    LT- Offense
    LG- J Brown
    C- J Mitchell
    RG- Mulitalo
    RT- Zeus

DL
    NT- Goose
    DT- Sam Adams
    DE- Ngata
    Rush- Sizzle

LBs
    MLB- Ray
    WLB- Sharper
    WLB- Boulware

Secondary
    CB1- McCallister
    CB2- Starks
    Nickel CB- Rolle
    SS- Reed
    FS- Woodson

K- Stover
    KR/PR- Jermaine Lewis

OC- Billick
    DC- Marvin Lewis

Harbaugh team:

SKILL
    QB- Joe
    HB- Rice
    FB- Leach
    WR1- Steve Smith sr
    WR2- Mason
    Slot WR- Boldin
    TE1- Heap
    TE2- Pitta

OL
    LT- Stanley
    LG- KO
    C- Birk
    RG- Yanda
    RT- Wagner

DL
    NT- Williams
    DE- Redding
    DT- Ngata
    Rush- Sizzle

LBs
    MLB- Ray
    WLB- Mosley
    SLB- JJ

Secondary
    CB1- Jimmy
    CB2- Webb
    Nickel corner- Corey Grahame
    SS- Weddle
    FS- Reed

K- Tucker
    KR/PR- Jacoby

OC- Gary Kubiak
    DC- Rex Ryan

If these two teams were going to go head to head all in their best seasons under either coach. I'm going to give Harbaugh's team the edge due to that offense which I think could be elite. That OL looks really good. Billicks defense has the edge for sure, and that's some serious beef up front, but the Harbs defense is pretty damn good aswell, and I just can't see a 2006 McNair getting anything done against that D. Where as I think with Joe and Kubiak calling the plays, we'd put up enough points to win the game, something like 17-14.

Re: All Harbs team vs All Billicks team

Man, our post-2011 defense would have been much better if Suggs, Jimmy and Webb could all stay healthy at the same time. That defense you listed just looks so much better than what we've actually fielded.

I'm also going to vote for the Harbaugh team. The LB corps doesn't have quite the playmaking ability that Billick's have, but otherwise the defenses are actually pretty close. Harbaugh's offense can throw the ball quite a lot better than Billick's and that is the difference.

I think I would put Monroe in there instead of Stanley (for now, a year from now it should be Stanley) and Torrey makes his way into the WR corps, as the three others are very similar players.

Billick would beat the shit out of lil Johnny Boy phony ass

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Billick would beat the shit out of lil Johnny Boy phony ass
    And Kubiak?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    Sir it's Billick and its not close. Prime Raven defense with competent offense would have an 80 percent winning percentage against PLAYOFF caliber teams. Boulware and Suggs with Ed and Ray would rattle Flacco into the fetal position.

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    See I disagree. I just can't see that offense doing much against the Harbs defense. Sizzle in 2011 form, Ray and Ed in 08 form, Haloti in 2010 form. Then you've got a Kubiak offense loaded with a class OL and good weapons for Joe.

Blog Entries

Imagine 3 wide with Mason Boldin and SSr, with Heap at TE and Rice at HB with a Kubiak offense behind that OL. Lots of play action, motion, miss direction etc. That defense is great but that offense would put up points, and I doubt McNair would be able to do much to that defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    Sir it's Billick and its not close. Prime Raven defense with competent offense would have an 80 percent winning percentage against PLAYOFF caliber teams. Boulware and Suggs with Ed and Ray would rattle Flacco into the fetal position.

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.

I agree with you. The only big advantage the Harbaugh side has is at QB. I'm assuming the best year each player had under their respective coach. Therefore it would be the 2006 McNair and nothing he did with the Titans and Ray and Ed Reed in their absolute Hall of Fame primes both under Billick. That's a lot of talent. Guys like Sam Adams and Chris McAlister are lightyears ahead of their Harbaugh counterparts. Too bad Billick didn't have that group for longer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I agree with you. The only big advantage the Harbaugh side has is at QB. I'm assuming the best year each player had under their respective coach. Therefore it would be the 2006 McNair and nothing he did with the Titans and Ray and Ed Reed in their absolute Hall of Fame primes both under Billick. That's a lot of talent. Guys like Sam Adams and Chris McAlister are lightyears ahead of their Harbaugh counterparts. Too bad Billick didn't have that group for longer.
    Are you seriously suggesting that Sam Adams is light years ahead of Haloti Ngata in 2010? I really don't see that.

I think the 2000 D shuts down any Harbaugh O, even wi Kubiak. not a knock on Flacco, that D would shut the 85 Niners down.

I get misty thinking about Billick's team with a decent offensive line & quarterback.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Billicks and it's not close. Also how are Lewis Reed and Suggs on both teams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely Thomas has to be on that defense for billick somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Thought it would be a cool idea to name your best team from the Billick era and have them face off against the best team from the Harbs team in this very long and boring offseason.

Billick team:
    SKILL
    QB- McNair
    HB- Jamal
    FB- Gash
    WR1- D Mason
    WR2- Ismail
    TE1- Heap
    TE2- Sharpe

OL
    LT- Offense
    LG- J Brown
    C- J Mitchell
    RG- Mulitalo
    RT- Zeus

DL
    NT- Goose
    DT- Sam Adams
    DE- Ngata
    Rush- Sizzle

LBs
    MLB- Ray
    WLB- Sharper
    WLB- Boulware

Secondary
    CB1- McCallister
    CB2- Starks
    Nickel CB- Rolle
    SS- Reed
    FS- Woodson

K- Stover
    KR/PR- Jermaine Lewis

OC- Billick
    DC- Marvin Lewis

Harbaugh team:

SKILL
    QB- Joe
    HB- Rice
    FB- Leach
    WR1- Steve Smith sr
    WR2- Mason
    Slot WR- Boldin
    TE1- Heap
    TE2- Pitta

OL
    LT- Stanley
    LG- KO
    C- Birk
    RG- Yanda
    RT- Wagner

DL
    NT- Williams
    DE- Redding
    DT- Ngata
    Rush- Sizzle

LBs
    MLB- Ray
    WLB- Mosley
    SLB- JJ

Secondary
    CB1- Jimmy
    CB2- Webb
    Nickel corner- Corey Grahame
    SS- Weddle
    FS- Reed

K- Tucker
    KR/PR- Jacoby

OC- Gary Kubiak
    DC- Rex Ryan

If these two teams were going to go head to head all in their best seasons under either coach. I'm going to give Harbaugh's team the edge due to that offense which I think could be elite. That OL looks really good. Billicks defense has the edge for sure, and that's some serious beef up front, but the Harbs defense is pretty damn good aswell, and I just can't see a 2006 McNair getting anything done against that D. Where as I think with Joe and Kubiak calling the plays, we'd put up enough points to win the game, something like 17-14.
    Billicks defense was the GOAT And they could run the ball. Harbs defense would get run over and gassed in the second half. They held the Giants to basically no offense past the 50 yard line in the superbowl