Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: What's the plan to fill out the offense?

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    I think I do. And people need to get over it. I get it, people want the Ravens to follow the trend. Basically, use 0, 10 and 11 personell the majority of the time and have Flacco pass the football 50 to 65 times a game. That's not going to happen and I think the hire of Roman is a part of that. Roman lined up in 11 personnel less than others. He's a trench guy. Uses extra lineman sets. His QB's tend to have high completion percentages and less turnovers. I think that's going to be our offense. Ground and pound with extra linemen, multiple TE sets. So you are not going to see a lot of 0, 10, 11 personnell. I just wouldn't worry about it, they obviously have a plan for the type of offense they want to run.
    And what's the plan if either Wallace or Perriman go down? Moore? CampanIRo? ReynoldsLOL??

When the Packers lose Jordy, a top 10 WR, their offense doesn't go completely off the rails because they have a James Jones or a Davante Adams who can fill in in a pinch.

We lost both Kamar and Jeremy, remember? They were our Jones and Adams (though not as good) We needed to replace those guys AND SSS too (Our Jordy)

What do you think Aaron Rodgers would produce if he lost Jordy, Jones and Adams? With no replacements? Is Cobb catching 15 passes for 200 yards a game now?

And we don't even know what we have with our TEs other than Dennis and Ben are ancient, Crockett and Maxx are always banged up, and Boyle and Waller have both been suspended already (Boyle twice)

And our O-line is only 3/5 complete, wtf?

Forget about having studs, this is looking like 2013 all over again when we were scrambling just to find warm bodies.

Or at least ones where the rigor mortis hadn't set in yet.

2. Re: What's the plan to fill out the offense?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    You know I think I figured it out lastnight, this team has a two year plan this year it's defense next year is offense. It just makes sense. We are not there yet we weren't going to be this year either but we have some nice pieces to build on with a two year plan and year three will be a make or break year for this whole coaching staff and front office. That's why I'm telling people if we fail to make another playoff run in 2017 don't get mad when everyone is still here. This was not one season fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If this is true, their plan only works if next years draft is loaded with enough WR/OL talent AND we grab the right guys.

Geez...talk about leaving yourself with zero margin for error.

Re: What's the plan to fill out the offense?

There is no plan. The front office despises Joe Flacco and Ozzie will continue drafting defensive players to piss everyone off, all while laughing to himself after each phone call.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelDance View Post
    WR: Draft one in round 4. There are a few left that can be year 1 contributors, if we're lucky. Sign a really cheap vet to the minimum, maybe Cruz (Boldin isn't going to take that). Pray.
    OL: Draft a project. Cut Jensen and his non-guaranteed $1.79M. Use all the cap space on two starters. Role with Urschel as the C/G backup, the project, and Hurst as tackle backup (garbage but signed to $250K guaranteed).

OTC has the Ravens with $6M in cap space now. Jensen, Arrington and Watson cuts open up $7M more. Hopefully that's enough to sign the rookie class, and Mangold & Dunlap (or comparable). That would at least get my blood pressure back to normal. It's do-able. At least they don't need the money to pick up any vets on defense...

I think the Ravens wanted to keep Watson but they really need his $3M to go to an OL starter now. At least that will alleviate the roster crunch at TE. Maybe they can bring him back on vet min as well.
    Cutting Jensen is easier said than done. The Ravens have not addressed the Oline so far, and we even lost Wagner and Zuttah (2 starters). Jensen's $1.79 million pales in comparison to his experience. Although he has not risen to starter material, IMO we cannot weaken our Oline any more than it already has been... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Cutting Jensen is easier said than done. The Ravens have not addressed the Oline so far, and we even lost Wagner and Zuttah (2 starters). Jensen's $1.79 million pales in comparison to his experience. Although he has not risen to starter material, IMO we cannot weaken our Oline any more than it already has been... Bc
    Jensen provides solid depth at multiple spots. He's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    You think the Bills had Great OL? Roman had the #1 rushing attack with them. But keep staying in your negative bubble.

are tygods numbers inclluded in #1 rushing O?

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    They probably are going to make another run at Mangold, and likely stand pat in UFA. Probably will pick an OL or WR really late. The OL pick probably will have a shot to contribute as we've had a lot of success with 4th/5th round offensive linemen historically.

I don't think any other impact offensive skill guys are in the cards.
    Mangold is a must at this point IMO. I would feel the same way regardless who they have drafted up to this point. Having experience in the center of that line will make me feel a whole lot better going into this season.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Jensen provides solid depth at multiple spots. He's not going anywhere.
    Joey, we are on the same page ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Sign Mangold to a 2 year deal that is bloated with incentives.

Trade for Jordan Matthews.

Draft:

WR
    Dupre
    Switzer

OL
    Banner
    Eluemunor
    Siragusa
    Asiata
    Toth

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Why in the world should we trade for Jordan Matthews. That's dumb as shit. Eagles don't even fuck with him like that

10. Re: What's the plan to fill out the offense?

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Why in the world should we trade for Jordan Matthews. That's dumb as shit. Eagles don't even fuck with him like that
    Filth, he's not great, but he's better than most of what we have on our roster right now. Without trying to revise the past i.e., the off-season and the draft thus far, can you please tell me which college receiver was available at the time we picked in the fourth round that would be better than Matthews in 2017?

Perhaps they have a handshake type agreement in place for Mangold. Just makes too much sense not to happen, a la Matt Birk a while back. A veteran center who while maybe past his physical prime, has more than enough experience and football IQ to lock the position down for a few years. That would make me feel MUCH better especially now with some OL depth added.

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Filth, he's not great, but he's better than most of what we have on our roster right now. Without trying to revise the past i.e., the off-season and the draft thus far, can you please tell me which college receiver was available at the time we picked in the fourth round that would be better than Matthews in 2017?

What do we give up for him?