Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Offensive Value

Re: Offensive Value

Call me crazy but the impact of a loaded defense is lessened by combining it with an offense that struggles to sustain drives and goes three and out repeatedly due to a lack of talent on that side of a ball.

The same complaints we heard about the O last season will most likely reappear this upcoming season, unless Ozzie works some magic during the 4th round. Let's be real, signing Boldin again (if he even wants to play here after being shipped off to SF in 2013) and Mangold aren't long term solutions at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Like I said in the draft thread. I love the Wormley and Williams picks. I also think Humphrey and Bowser could be really good players. I mean, right now, they landed 3 starters and 1 situational pass rusher with elite upside.

But I hate the fact that they have a QB that they can win with and they do bare minimum - if that - to improve his situation.

Flacco should ask for a trade. Seriously.

And after the Ravens go 7-9 with the #8 defense and 29th offense in 2017, I hope Bisciotti fires Harbaugh and Ozzie the first second he can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On the plus side we'll have some nice pieces on D for the next regime.

The change will be exciting. I didn't follow closely when harbaugh came in. Be nice to see my first big management change. Excited for next offseason already.

"Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's coming to an end. You can feel it and hear it in some of the comments. These guys better make the playoffs this year but it doesn't sound like there will be a 2018 for them if they don't
    Oh, you know there will be a 2018 for almost everyone. There will be some excuse, such as "hey, everyone else in the division was better than us - who knew cleveland could put together such an awesome draft!". And Harb and Pees will live another day. Sorry Marty, you will be gone. Nothing personal, that's just the way the OC job works in Baltimore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    It's definitely a make or break year.
    So they draft a bunch of guys that probably won't play much?

Lmao - brilliant strategy.

At least the next coaching staff will have a fantastic situation of decent cap space and a shit ton of young talent on D.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

There will be a new coaching staff and very likely a new GM if the Ravens crash and burn next season.

Quote Originally Posted by JPinFL View Post
    Oh, you know there will be a 2018 for almost everyone. There will be some excuse, such as "hey, everyone else in the division was better than us - who knew cleveland could put together such an awesome draft!". And Harb and Pees will live another day. Sorry Marty, you will be gone. Nothing personal, that's just the way the OC job works in Baltimore.
    Agreed. Harbaugh, Ozzie, and Pees are safe no matter what happens.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

At least the next coaching staff will have a fantastic situation of decent cap space and a shit ton of young talent on D.

LOL I can't make rhyme or reason of this draft.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Just doesn't make sense to me. I expected desperation picks to save their jobs.

Just don't get it.

"Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    There are 31 other teams. The board played out, and the best available players were on defense. Thats the way the cookies crumbled. Why are you mad at Ozzie and company?

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    It was a defense draft why the Duck would you spend nothing in FA but defense. This draft would be fine had you have signed mangold Alshon and retained Wagner. Wtf was the point of trading a Jergian if you use the pick for a lesser player it's idiotic

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Just doesn't make sense to me. I expected desperation picks to save their jobs.

Just don't get it.

Defense is all this team knows. It seems desperate to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JPinFL View Post
    I really see 2018 being the clock striking midnight on Cinderella. You have Harbaugh saying this team will contend for a championship. I remember this too from right after the season

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...offs/96414410/

Bisciotti did, however, acknowledge Tuesday that all three of the team's principle figures must improve if Baltimore is to reclaim its position among the NFL elite.

"I want my fans to know that I think John can coach better, I think Ozzie can draft better, I think Joe can play better," Bisciotti said. "If all of them do it — and I think they're capable and determined to be better — then I think next year we're a playoff caliber team. I really believe that."

And if the Ravens sputter again?

"The pitchforks are out," Bisciotti said, referring to the inevitable negative reaction from the fan base....

...If the Ravens are to win 11 games next year, they'll need Flacco to be sharp and he will need more support from a running game that struggled all season.

"There is no doubt in my mind Joe is going to be better next year," Harbaugh said. "He's going to be healthier and he's going to have an offense in place that we all believe in."

It's going to be a busy offseason for the Ravens, who have already identified the three top items on their list of needs.

"We need to add some depth in the secondary, improve the offensive line and find a complimentary receiver," Newsome said.

Blog Entries

2 of those 3 goals that Ozzie listed are not anywhere close to being met.