Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome to BMORE Tim Williams

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Serious question, why do you come on here?

I'm not even being an asshole. This is the second thread where you're tlaking about hype.

It's the deadest part of the offseason and we're discussing the team. Yet we're all a bunch of fools?

Gotcha! Real smart.
    Serious answer,

It's an opinion just like you, everyone has one. I love the Ravens just like you, and want to see success just like you. Drinking purple coolaid is not something I do, I'm realistic.
    I see a lot of sky high expectations...I've been disappointed well enough to know NOT every player drafted is a star.
    I'm also noticing a lot of people trying to justify the player with "film study" after the fact.
    I am simply stating that I do not have sky high expectations of Tim Williams. (like many of you)
    Reasons:
    1. Part time player
    2. One dimensional
    3. Reports are he struggled to pick up the playbook at Alabama (that is pro style defense, so I expect the same issues here)
    4. first and foremost this is the biggie for me, off-fied issues, enough for every team to pass on him 2-3 times.
    --> I believe he is trending the same direction as McClain.
    5. I think there were better players available, namely Chris Godwin (bigger impact to this team, good production)

bottom line I actually mocked Tim Williams to the Ravens previous to the draft on one occasion, just think that after all said and done he is a high Bust potential.

Blog Entries

A suggestion for a cool addition would be havign something like vCash.

Everyone starts with 500 vCash and can bet towards certain things with other posters and build theirs up.

So we could bet 50 vCash on _____ or something. Would be cool.
    Be fun to also do a best 3 or 4 game a week vs the spread with that same vcash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Puppy View Post
    Serious answer,

It's an opinion just like you, everyone has one. I love the Ravens just like you, and want to see success just like you. Drinking purple coolaid is not something I do, I'm realistic.
    I see a lot of sky high expectations...I've been disappointed well enough to know NOT every player drafted is a star.
    I'm also noticing a lot of people trying to justify the player with "film study" after the fact.
    I am simply stating that I do not have sky high expectations of Tim Williams. (like many of you)
    Reasons:
    1. Part time player
    2. One dimensional
    3. Reports are he struggled to pick up the playbook at Alabama (that is pro style defense, so I expect the same issues here)
    4. first and foremost this is the biggie for me, off-fied issues, enough for every team to pass on him 2-3 times.
    5. I think there were better players available, namely Chris Godwin (bigger impact to this team, good production)

bottom line I actually mocked Tim Williams to the Ravens previous to the draft on one occasion, just think that after all said and done he is a high Bust potential.
    His bust potential is off the field. I don't know how high that is as we do not get all the details. Ray Lewis would certainly had high bust potential if he was coming out in today's world of constant information.

As far as part time players go, part time pass rusher is one where he could be very successful while being a part time player. You have to look no further than Doom as an example. The league has become so pass happy that he will be on the field a ton as a pass rusher.

I was listening to Pat Kirwin on NFL radio and he talked a little bit about how every Alabama player he spoke to held Williams in the highest regards and gushed about him.

Williams fills the biggest need on the team which is pass rusher. We did not have anyone who can get to the QB.

Everyone starts with 500 vCash and can bet towards certain things with other posters and build theirs up.

I can dig it.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Serious answer,

Reasons:
    1. Part time player
    2. One dimensional

He was a 3rd Rd pick....

LOL Chris Godwin

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    LOL Chris Godwin
    if we only had those "virtual $$" to bet on this?

I'd bet Godwin has a better 2017 than Williams
    After all Pee's will probably move Williams to safety this season....

Serious answer,

Being negative literally 100% of the time does not make you a realist.

9. Re: Welcome to BMORE Tim Williams

*...don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't fuck this kid up Pees don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble...*

Drinking purple koolaid and discussing players upside are not the same thing.

This board is pretty balanced. Some more positive, some more negative and that's fine. That's exactly why people are entitled to their opinion.

I think it's just straight up stupid to say it's all hype when discussing upside. Literally no point in having a discussion if that's the response.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

that would be sweet. someone submit it to someone

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    *...don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't fuck this kid up Pees don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble don't get in trouble...*
    Oh, you mean like :

... Bc