Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Marlon Humphrey was absolutely the right pick

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    I don't understand...are you saying that OJ Howard could have played WR or that the Ravens should have traded up into the top 7 to take a WR?
    I would have traded the farm for corey davis. If we would have signed Alshon or any servicable WR, I would be fine with the pick.

We may not even take an offensive playmaker until round 4 again.

we might take Edge / Tackle in rounds 2-3.

Blog Entries

I don't understand...are you saying that OJ Howard could have played WR or that the Ravens should have traded up into the top 7 to take a WR?
    Yes you could have split him out and created mismatches out of a two te set bring him in and run power. He would start and not sit the bench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I would have traded the farm for corey davis.

Thank fuck we have Ozzie and not you.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

They also could have signed Alshon in FA especially knowing how thin the top offensive talent was.

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    And who might that have been?

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    OJ Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    LOL
    you act as if this team isn't currently missing a RT, C, FB, OLB, ILB, #1 WR. But you think we can burn our first round selection on a depth player? Now that is funny.

You are comfortable with the pick because you are obviously comfortable with this team being a loser since 2012.

With 6 picks left, 6 immediate holes really where do you think the starters are going to come from????????
    Where were you when they nabbed Wagner in the 5th round and he started every game his rookie season? Crying about how Ozzie drafts too much on defense? Or Alex Lewis in the 4th Round....

And FB, come on.

The bottom line, is we are debating 1 pick from Round 1. For all your complaining, I've yet to see anyone suggest a player other than OJ Howard or Allen at the Ravens spot.

You are blaming Ozzie because all 3 Wrs went in the top 10? Hows that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    They also could have signed Alshon in FA especially knowing how thin the top offensive talent was.

That has no bearing on the evaluation of THIS pick.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    This pick absolutely sucks.

If you don't think this pick was a reach you are joking or not being honest with yourself.

No one saw this coming. Not ESPN, not Kiper no one. They didn't even have a segment ready on him to air.

Look at every pick in the round so far, we by far looks the worst.

We just took a 1 dimensional DB who can only play outside, cant play nickel, stiff hips and cant track the damn ball. Just what we need in the AFC north with AJ green, John Ross now, Antonio Brown.

We have 4 glaring holes on offense and we just took a depth player. Not an immediate starter.

Ozzie rolled into the draft ignoring the offense thinking he is the smartest guy in the room and got schooled. 8 out of the top 12 players taken were offense and all the tope tier talent
    This is precisely why I'm not happy with the pick. I would have been thrilled with Jonathan Allen because he would start at DE even though he's not a position of need. Same with Howard - he is flat out superior to any of the mass of TE on the team. But this guy sits behind Smith and Carr and plays special teams.

The Ravens say Humphrey was "by far" the top player on their board. I just have to hope they're not lying about that, because he was far from the top player on everyone else's.

[QUOTE=Mark;1243501]Humphrey is a very young (20?) Jimmy Smith clone.

Please no.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

And lets not forget this kid is really just that. Its not that surprising to me that his technique or whatever may not be perfect just yet. Plenty of potential and plenty of room to develop.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    This is precisely why I'm not happy with the pick. I would have been thrilled with Jonathan Allen because he would start at DE even though he's not a position of need. Same with Howard - he is flat out superior to any of the mass of TE on the team. But this guy sits behind Smith and Carr and plays special teams.

The Ravens say Humphrey was "by far" the top player on their board. I just have to hope they're not lying about that, because he was far from the top player on everyone else's.
    Well they said that baout Mosely when they picked him despite this board reacting very similarily and we got a damn good player in Mosely.

The board blew up that we took someone not at a position of need and it turned out to become a position of need very quickly.

Im not convinced he's not going ot be an immediate starter. If he plays well in camp and preseason why wouldnt he start over Brandon Carr?

Given we all bitched about Shareece Wright I'm shockeda t how negative the reaction is that we got a corner.

Would I have preferred OJ Howard? Yeah. But that doesn't mean this is a bad pick.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

I would disagree and say pash rush is a position of need.