Page 213 of 213 FirstFirst ... 211212213
Results 2,545 to 2,552 of 2552

Re: NFL Live Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    He didn't even have to package picks. He passed on Godwin twice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    😫 I really wanted godwin. I was hoping for davis round 1 and godwin round 3.

I think both could have contributed day 1 and helped.

We really really need to find a red zone threat. This isn't me just being fWo crazy... we have zero red zone options right now

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    He didn't even have to package picks. He passed on Godwin twice.

:bag:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    WalterFootball gives the Ravens an "A" grade :

http://www.walterfootball.com/offseason2017bal.php

What do you think? ... Bc
    I think we should have traded the 6th rd pick
    The lowest grade they give us for a player is a C for Chuck Clark .... (that is CCC ...si? see?)

Should have been worth a 5th next year, or a 6th next and a 7th this year. IMO this is a throw away like Marc Anthony ... only thing I have read is that Jerry Rosberg liked him for ST (and he did lose Aiken and some others).... he could surprise me and make the team, but Canaday is coming off IR, and we gave Levine a re-signing bonus, but we will wait and see

Baltimore's highest-graded pick was No. 122, Nico Siragusa. The San Diego State blocker was a second-round talent who somehow slipped into the fourth frame.
    Read more at http://www.walterfootball.com/offsea...8eZIwRXfkPg.99
    122. Nico Siragusa, G, San Diego State: A+ Grade
    This might be the best pick in the fourth round, though that award could go to the team that selects Desmond King. Siragusa could've been chosen in the second round. He's a tough, smart, productive guard with some great athleticism. It would not surprise me if he makes the Pro Bowl at some point.

I think A for sure.

The grousing/zitching has been because no WR or big name OL
    Still a lot of work to do to assemble a final team, but we have some very high quality building materials just delivered to help.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

I know I struggle with this over and over again. given the success that as he has had in the past selecting wide receivers I don't really know if I mind that he didn't select one. I know that sounds pessimistic but that's just how I feel. I'm sure we should keep trying to get a wide receiver in the draft but I'm not hopeful. and who can say for sure if any of the ones selected will turn out to be any good. What I like most is good defense. I will never forget Pittsburgh scored three touchdowns in the fourth quarter against us last year. And while I'm not completely confident about our first pic I am happy that they're making strides to strengthen our secondary. And while I understand we still need an offensive line I'm satisfied with what they did to strengthen our defense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was an 'A' draft with a C- grade in team construction over the last few years.

2014 is the year Ozzie blew it by not taking a WR. EVERYONE knew is was as loaded a WR class as we've ever seen, and they basically punted on the position.

I supported the Jernigan pick at the time, because he was a first round value, so I can't bitch that much for taking him instead of Robinson or Landry, but how much better would this team have looked with John Brown or Donte Moncrief instead of Terrance Brooks? Or the better option--trading back into the 2nd for Robinson/Landry. What if we'd taken Martavis Bryant instead of Crockett Gilmore? We likely don't take Perriman the next year in that case, and the effects just cascade from there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    It was an 'A' draft with a C- grade in team construction over the last few years.

2014 is the year Ozzie blew it by not taking a WR. EVERYONE knew is was as loaded a WR class as we've ever seen, and they basically punted on the position.

I supported the Jernigan pick at the time, because he was a first round value, so I can't bitch that much for taking him instead of Robinson or Landry, but how much better would this team have looked with John Brown or Donte Moncrief instead of Terrance Brooks? Or the better option--trading back into the 2nd for Robinson/Landry. What if we'd taken Martavis Bryant instead of Crockett Gilmore? We likely don't take Perriman the next year in that case, and the effects just cascade from there.
    Of course hindsight is 20 - 20, but it's fun (or aggravating) to think of what might have been. You post good possibilities about Jernigan/Brooks, so here's one of mine : what if we had drafted Spence instead of Correa? Perhaps one of the pass-rushers Ozzie took this year might have been a WR or Olineman. I won't go through the list of possibilities. It's a chain reaction... Bc

7. Re: NFL Live Draft Thread

That Jernigan pick was so frustrating because even at the time everyone was saying "I don't know where he fits in our defense, but he's a great player and great value in the 2nd". I really thought we were on our way to transitioning to more of a 4-3 defense that relies on DT's to bring pressure up the middle. But it never happened. We tried to make Jernigan into a jack of all trades 5 tech and it didn't work out.

Getting value doesn't mean a thing if the guy doesn't fit your system and his strengths aren't tailored to. We've had a lot of these types of picks post Super Bowl where the FO and the coaching staff don't seem to be on the same page. I can honestly say, between this draft and last year's (aside from Correa), that doesn't seem to be the case. We're back to getting players who fit a specific purpose that fits what we're doing.

Perriman is going to be better than Bryant this year.