Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ravens Wish List

We are going to start a new feature on The Bart Scott Show called The Wish List. We'll be taking Ravens-related wishes by emails, this message board and live at the show and we will get Bart's response to each. The wishes should focus on things that the Ravens can do as a team and as an organization to improve upon a very disappointing 2007.

With that in mind fire away when ready. Bart's responses should be interesting...
    Last edited by TL24x7; 11-28-2007 at 04:49 PM.

Re: Ravens Wish List

Fire Billick, or at least hire an OC to call plays and truly run the offense.

Beat NE and/or Indy. The next 2 weeks are our playoffs in my opinion.

Have Bart Scott lay out Manning like he did to Roethlisberger last year!

Fire Billick and get a Franchise QB!

This might not be strictly approperiate for this thread since my wishes relate more to the show itself. Feel free to delete if that is the case.

Anyway, I wish the show would expand a bit beyond just player interviews. An NFL football organization is quite large and there a number of other people within the organization with jobs that interest me.

Now, obviously getting Steve Bischotti or Ozzie Newsome to come on the show to talk and take questions might be too tall an order, but how about some coaches, trainers, assistant trainers, pro personell people, PR people etc?

There are lots of topics related to football and the Ravens that I would love to see touched upon that don't necessarily include the typical clichés of "we have to play hard", "one game at a time", "they are a good team", etc you normally get when a player is asked about a previous game or an upcoming opponent.

For example I would to hear Bill Tessendorf (or one of the assistant trainers) touch upon the subject of steroids and steroid use in the NFL.

But subjects don't have to be controversial (although I would really like to hear more of that). Other issues could include things like catering to fans overseas or people who, for various reasons, have moved from Maryland. How do you expect to build a fanbase in for example England when they get to see like 2 Raven games per year, often at horrible times as well.

Then there is the upcoming draft (Eric DeCosta is usually a great guest :D ), but also things like the experiment with the top canadian college player prior to I think 2006 season. I would think Vincent Newsome or George Kokinis would make interesting guests to talk about subjects like that. I mean, how does one for example scout the practice squads of other teams?

Gotta go, can't write down the rest of the ideas, but I think I have made my point. I would like the show to grow a bit, away from the pretty much same old player interviews week after week to more about the various bits of the organization. That doesn't mean I never want to hear another player come on, but once a week is too many when doing 17 weeks in a row.

I wish for an offense that would be more like New England or the Colts, so the games wouldn't be so boring.

Get rid of the West Coast offense. I want the East Coast Offense.

7. Re: Ravens Wish List

I wish to see Bart put some hot sauce on Brady and get his jersey dirty!

Also a new play caller anyone but Billick, just do not think that it is working.

And my last wish is to have Kyle shave his face!!

In Ozzie I trust...the braintrust will figure it out!

1. We have three great homes games left.

N.E. - a chance to end the streak
    Indy - a chance to avenge last years loss as well as all of the other crap that the horseshoe means now and will forever mean. (Yes folks, Baltimore has an anger problem and we can't seem to resolve it)
    Pitts - a chance to affect their playoff status and just to beat Pitts.

I will be at those games and amped up...winning one would be great but just be competitive. Have the 4th qtr. mean something.

2. The Ravens need a new offensive system. Let Billick be the head coach but puuuhleeeeze bring in a new coordinator next year with a new system. I am sure Bart can't do that but I wish for that.

3. Bart told me personally during training camp that he wants Manning. Go get him.

-Fix the D.

-Find a Franchise QB that is not pushing 40.

-Fix the O.

-Get a competent OC.

-Fix the OL

-Fix the Secondary

-Fix the Special Teams.

Jesus.. this team has turned into a disaster before our eyes.:grbac:
    HottBirdz...

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    I wish for an offense that would be more like New England or the Colts, so the games wouldn't be so boring.

Get rid of the West Coast offense. I want the East Coast Offense.
    - I wish for an offense that works, I don't care what you call it!!!
    - I wish for wins versus New England & Indy the next 2 weeks!!
    - I wish for at least an 8-8 record.
    - I wish we beat the hell out of the Stillers on December 30th & ruin any chance they have to advance in the playoffs. Smack them around & give all of the Ravens fans in attendance a New Years present!!! Also I wish to send what I am sure will be the biggest gathering of their fans in our stadium in years (thanks to all the sellouts who should have their tickets taken away for selling out) home very sad.
    - I wish the Stillers are 1 & done in the playoffs.
    - If Billick is not fired, I wish for a real OC who has a real playbook that works. I also wish that Billick leaves the guy alone & lets him do his job.
    - I wish for an OL that can protect a QB & give him time to find his receivers. We could have Manning or Brady back there right now & they would be getting the stuffing knocked out of them just like Kyle.
    - I wish for our defense to return to their dominating ways the rest of this season.
    - I wish JO would just retire & go out with a little grace now before there is none left. Didn't Jim Parker retire during the season because he couldn't do it anymore?
    - I wish for a Super Bowl title next year since this year is obviously out of reach.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

My wish is for a single week to go by without the Special Teams coughing up the ball.

Also my wish is for Kyle Boller to have a complete game, the one we all hope is inside waiting to get out.

Also my wish is for our defense to be healthy.

Also my wish is for our offensive line to be healthy, and especially for JO, the big guy who deserves to live in good health and comfort once his playing days are done.

Also my wish is for Brian Billick to remain as our HC but find a way to dial up an NFL offense like some other teams have, whether through another OC, or whatever.

Oof. Too many.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.