Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Re: Flacco: We Don't Need Another Wideout

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    We're saying that we just watched Darren Waller dropped as perfect a TD pass as you're going to see, in the biggest game of the year, and that we'd rather not have to see that again. Without even getting into detail about the other big drops we've see.
    He was joking.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I realize the Ravens haven't had the best track record with wideouts, but this board writes players off way too early. The league is full of guys who were not first round draft picks, were special teams players at the start and took a couple of years to develop into impact players at their position.
    Respectfully, I must differ. If anything, this board is too quick to anoint 6th and 7th rounders as the answer at WR. Deonte, Tandon, Waller, Marlon and anyone taller than 6'3' or faster than 4.4. (I am having a senior/bourbon moment, but many of you can offer more examples -- the TE from nearby Baltimore, is another example.)
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I realize the Ravens haven't had the best track record with wideouts, but this board writes players off way too early. The league is full of guys who were not first round draft picks, were special teams players at the start and took a couple of years to develop into impact players at their position.
    I get your point Alien, but speaking for myself the issue is that many of those guys are brought up behind the type of pass catchers the Ravens don't have. Other teams have developed a pipeline and keep it going. The Ravens haven't even put forth the best effort to form the pipeline. This has clearly been an issue for years. Yet, they just treat it like, 'Oh well, we give it a try here and there'. Even after their lack of having that pass catcher has cost them big game after big game. For years, they struggled to find a QB. That doesn't make it a good idea to stop looking for a QB. When you see that the position has been lacking and directly impacted continuous negative outcomes, you have to work a little harder to get it up to speed unless you just happen to pick up a four-leaved clover. They wouldn't be the only team that has picked up that clover. The difference is that other teams get that clover in conjunction with other successes from continuously searching to get the best at those pass catcher positions.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    He was joking.

I know he was. Just poking the stick. I just wanted to be clear, because some just haven't grasped this reality after all of these years.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I know he was. Just poking the stick. I just wanted to be clear, because some just haven't grasped this reality after all of these years.

Blog Entries

https://www.profootballfocus.com/dra...back-to-elite/

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk