Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Mr. Rooney passes

The Steelers announced today that Mr. Rooney has passed away at the age of 84. The former ambassador to Ireland was a lovely man who did much to advance the NFL in many areas including his introduction of the "Rooney Rule".

He will be missed.

Requiescat in pace.

Blog Entries

Re: Mr. Rooney passes

The NFL is going to lean in a different direction with him gone.

Respect.

RIP Dan Rooney.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

R.I.P. A good decent man. Will be missed.

Blog Entries

Definitely one of the NFL Mt Rushmore.

Much respect. RIP

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: Mr. Rooney passes

"Daniel Milton Rooney (July 20, 1932 – April 13, 2017) was the former United States Ambassador to Ireland, who served from July 3, 2009 until his resignation in 2012. He was chairman of the Pittsburgh Steelers American football team in the National Football League (NFL), which was founded by his father, Art. Rooney was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2000 for his contributions to the game. He was credited with spearheading a requirement that NFL teams with head coach and general manager vacancies interview at least one minority candidate, which has become known as the 'Rooney Rule'."

Men like this will not be and should not be forgotten. R.I.P. Mr. Rooney... Bc

9. Re: Mr. Rooney passes

Sending my condolences out to Pittsburgh. The league lost a good owner and my god is it hard to find them these days.

Most Irish people could not name a single ambassador and I think that's true for all countries. Mr Rooney was well known though, someone that many knew

The US Ambassadors residence is in Dublin's largest park and every July 4th he opened his private grounds to the public. Softball, touch football, American food and all were welcome.

A proud Irish American he involved in various projects in Ireland since the 70's and Rooney family still fund a literature prize in Ireland for young writers and some similar initiatives

RIP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even the flagship site of hardcore Steelerdom seems to have taken notice that coach, GM and owner of the Ravens ("No organization has been a greater rival for Pittsburgh in the past decade than have the Baltimore Ravens") were heartfelt and sincere in their condolences.

A short, spring reprieve from all the hate.

Blog Entries

I posted this on the other thread but am copying here.

I didn't even know he was sick. Dan Rooney was one of the real greats in the league. We all hate the Steelers but when Steve Bisciotti became the Ravens owner and was asked how he wanted to run his franchise he said he would model it after the Steelers. Many of the ideals and principals that form the Ravens came from Dan Rooney. This is someone that every NFL fan is going to miss. My thoughts are with his family and friends.