Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Jonathan Ogden......

This is the first time I have ever said this; "I hope he doesn't start this week" ...I love the BIG guy, but he just doesn't have it right now..Most of it is due to injury I'm sure, but dang, he might get somebody killed out there:grbac: I thought Adam Terry did an admirable job in Ogden's place in the beggining of the year and last year...I never wanted to come to this conclusion and I never thought it would come down to benching J.O.:( However, I salute him for his years of GREAT service to the Ravens Big Brother man, please take a seat on the pine:o, cause I just can't bear to see you get beat like a red-headed stepchild :o

Re: Jonathan Ogden......

Ogden doesn't want to play, he has lost passion for the game, or at least to losing and the play calling, something I can say I can confirm.

Miek Preston wrote today that if Billick doesn't leave, he's retiring. I can see that happening. A few of my friends that went to SD said, Ogden had a bunch of tantrums on the sideline, even throwing his helmet a few times. He is fed up and his heart isn't in it anymore....
    Waiting for the next one!!!

3. Re: Jonathan Ogden......

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanIAm View Post
    Ogden doesn't want to play, he has lost passion for the game, or at least to losing and the play calling, something I can say I can confirm.

Miek Preston wrote today that if Billick doesn't leave, he's retiring. I can see that happening. A few of my friends that went to SD said, Ogden had a bunch of tantrums on the sideline, even throwing his helmet a few times. He is fed up and his heart isn't in it anymore....
    What a selfish way for Ogden to end a glorious career, not team:( just saying:o sad

Love big JO but time has come for him to step down. He just doesn't look the same anymore. Man he was one of the great ones. Can't wait for his HOF induction.

I love the big guy too, but his tantrum on the sideline routine is really old, and was never a good idea to begin with. It's arrogant and disrespectful.

It'll never happen, but I'd like to see JO take a seat on the bench and let Terry play LT, which seems to be his best position.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I love the big guy too, but his tantrum on the sideline routine is really old, and was never a good idea to begin with. It's arrogant and disrespectful.

It'll never happen, but I'd like to see JO take a seat on the bench and let Terry play LT, which seems to be his best position.

Why does Billick deserve Ogden's respect? He has wasted his talent for years by not running behind him enough?

I hope Billick leaves before Ogden!!!!

Why does Billick deserve Ogden's respect? He has wasted his talent for years by not running behind him enough?
    Give me a break -- Billick ran Jamal behind Ogden all the time last year, and it didn't really work out too well.

Ogden has been a very talented tackle but he seems to be mailing it in this season. There isn't anything to respect in that.

I do not think JO is necessarily mailing it in. He is frustrated with a nagging injury, one that it very difficult for someone of his impressive size to over-come. He is old by the profession and positions standard as well. Throw on a terrible season and it is very difficult for emotion NOT to get the best of him. He came back at the urging of his team mates. He wanted to make one last superbowl run. That is all but history this season. I truly think that as of right now, he is playing up to his potential, which is just not enough anymore. The tank is low on gas these days.

I truly believe that this is his last season anyway.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

It seems to me Billick ran Jamal behind Mule and JO for a good long time so blaming Billick for JO's bad attitude doesn't seem logical to me. More likely is his frustration with his own lack of production, it's got to be hard for a man who was the best at his position for a long time to no longer be able to perform at a professional level. He never should have come back this year and I truly hope he hangs it up at season's end. In the meantime, I wish Billick had the balls to sit him down and play Terry over there but I don't think he does.

JO has done nothing - *ever* - in my opinion to deserve the beating he's taking from some on this board. Who knows what he's going through physically that might limit his ability to play out there? He has been a fierce competitor since Day 1, and as far as I'm concerned these accusations that he is mailing it in, or is uninterested, are nothing more than vicious rumors. The fact that Preston apparently made the same observation only makes me more confident that it's wrong.

Plus I am not persuaded that seating a 75%, or 50%, JO, in favor of Terry is what's best for the physical health of whoever is under center or running the ball.

While we are on the subject of fierce competitors, I do not believe anyone on the coaching staff or in the FO wants to win as badly as Billick. While we here in the stands have the luxury of thinking the veterans are past their prime, or the 3d string qb is ready to come in and take some snaps, etc., etc., remember what we see on game day is only a small fraction of what the coaching staff sees all week.

Let's not be too hasty demanding to see on the field what Billick sees in practice every day, because we may get what we're asking for, and we may not like it.
    Last edited by festivus; 11-28-2007 at 12:12 PM. Reason: grammar! [hand slap]
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

J.O. is obviously playing in pain and is upset that we are not winning. I do think he came back to win a Super Bowl, but I also think he came back for the money as well. After all, not too many players make 5 or 6 million dollars per year after their football career is done.

I would play him for the New England and Colt games only because we really need him in there, otherwise Boller will really get killed and then we really have nobody at the QB position. (McNair=0; Smith has no experience).

I would like to see J.O. to announce his retirement now so we can bid him a proper farewell at the Pittsburgh game. It is only fitting.

I don't know about the rest of you fans, but I WANT that Pittsburgh game in the worst way! I want to do damage to their playoff seed, and inflict damage to their playoff psyche!! No way do I want to go into next year, knowing they swept us this year!