Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
JO has done nothing - *ever* - in my opinion to deserve the beating he's taking from some on this board. Who knows what he's going through physically that might limit his ability to play out there? He has been a fierce competitor since Day 1, and as far as I'm concerned these accusations that he is mailing it in, or is uninterested, are nothing more than vicious rumors. The fact that Preston apparently made the same observation only makes me more confident that it's wrong.

Plus I am not persuaded that seating a 75%, or 50%, JO, in favor of Terry is what's best for the physical health of whoever is under center or running the ball.

While we are on the subject of fierce competitors, I do not believe anyone on the coaching staff or in the FO wants to win as badly as Billick. While we here in the stands have the luxury of thinking the veterans are past their prime, or the 3d string qb is ready to come in and take some snaps, etc., etc., remember what we see on game day is only a small fraction of what the coaching staff sees all week.

Let's not be too hasty demanding to see on the field what Billick sees in practice every day, because we may get what we're asking for, and we may not like it.
The only reason I'd like to see them play now is because this season is gone, we can't salvage anything out of it except possibly getting a future starter some game experience and truly evaluating under game conditions just what we have to work with going forward. I'd far prefer that to not knowing anything until next season when it will be to late to do anything about it and have to endure another mess like this year. JMO.