Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: We always believe in building and having a top flight offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    In 08' and 09', they just had a strong run blocking line. In 2010, they had a decent pass blocking line. In 2011, it went back to being more of a strong run blocking line. In 2012, It was a decent pass blocking line for the playoff run. It wasn't as if Flacco was standing back there making a sandwich the way Brady does or anything. In 2013, the line was a wreck. In 2014, it was a better run blocking line with some pass blocking ability. In 2015, the line was a mess and in 2016 the line was a mess, although it finished up 'okay' to end the season. Again, Flacco still wasn't back there climbing some deep pocket like Drew Brees or anything. He just wasn't getting edge pressure, but still lacked a pocket to step up into.

I haven't seen a legit, no questions asked Top 3 Offensive line since Flacco and Harbaugh have been here.
    Sorry but you are arguing with logic.

The lines were top 3 in 2008 2009 and 2014. Top 10 I'm 2010, and 2011.... one of the best in the 2013 play off run.

This is just a typical comment from you down playing the team around Flacco to make him seem better than he is

Also if you want to compare Joe's line to Brady's, Brady has had barely as much talent up front as Joe did between 2008 and 2012...
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 03-29-2017 at 04:16 AM.

Blog Entries

It is so hard to take anything John Harbaugh says seriously. He's never honest or upfront. It's like talking to someone in a ski mask and trying to read their expression.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Jensen, Urschel, and Hurst, for all the years they've been Ravens, not one of them has won a starting position on our Oline. They've hardly even played except for an injury to another Olineman. Hope I'm wrong, but why should we feel confident that any one of them is now ready to do so (?)
    ... Bc
    We all tend to cringe when they come in as backups. I really hope they get some competition from some guys who are currently on the team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Sorry but you are arguing with logic.

The lines were top 3 in 2008 2009 and 2014. Top 10 I'm 2010, and 2011.... one of the best in the 2013 play off run.

This is just a typical comment from you down playing the team around Flacco to make him seem better than he is

Also if you want to compare Joe's line to Brady's, Brady has had barely as much talent up front as Joe did between 2008 and 2012...
    And this post seems like a typical overexaggerating of the surrounding talent.

Those OL rankings seem a tad high to me.

As usual the truth is in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Sorry to piggy back but this just hit me...

For all the talk of Ravens leaving for free agency and doing worse over the years, it does not apply to offensive lineman.

- Ben Grubbs (New Orleans) *pro bowl
    - Michael Oher (Carolina)
    - Chris Chester (Washington)
    - Kelechi Osemele (Oakland) **all pro
    - Casey Rabach (Washington)
    - Jason Brown (Saint Louis)
    - Jeff Mitchell (Carolina)
    - Tony Pashos (Jacksonville)

Every one of those guys had their best season after leaving the Ravens. That, folks, is a trend.
    A trend.. Really?

Brown and Pashos got fat contract elsewhere, they were never better.

Oher.. Nope never better.

Grubbs, Rabach and Mitchell.. More of the same.. solid or more than solid.

KO.. Its a little premature.. And no not even sure if his best season was last year.

Chester.. Whatever.. he never was more than a decent backup and replaced by better players.

Quote Originally Posted by elland View Post
    A trend.. Really?
    Nice, my first debate!

Brown and Pashos got fat contract elsewhere, they were never better.
    Both Brown and Pashos had two very good seasons for their new teams, I would say better, especially Pashos. Then they got hurt / declined. Brown quit his contract to become a farmer.

Oher.. Nope never better.
    It can be argued that his rookie season was his best, but his 2015 season with Carolina has my vote. He stopped everyone until the Pathers ran into the Denver Bronco buzzsaw. To be fair, he had a forgettable year in Tennessee beforehand.

Grubbs, Rabach and Mitchell.. More of the same.. solid or more than solid.
    Grubbs paired with Jahri Evans for three years in New Orleans to form one of the best guard duos in recent memory. Every one of Rabach's six seasons in Washington were better than his best year in Baltimore. Mitchell -- ok you got me there, his 1999 season may have been his best, but most of his good seasons were in Carolina.

KO.. Its a little premature.. And no not even sure if his best season was last year.
    I'm pretty sure his best season was last year. By far.

Chester.. Whatever.. he never was more than a decent backup and replaced by better players.
    Chester has been a starter for every game since leaving and never missed one. 96 for 96. And his grades have been worthy of starting.

-----

Now I will say this, in several cases what happened was the Ravens developed their guy, and by the end of his rookie contract he was ready to take the next step. It's just that it happened with another team.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It is so hard to take anything John Harbaugh says seriously. He's never honest or upfront. It's like talking to someone in a ski mask and trying to read their expression.
    Pretty unfair to single out Harbs when this type of coach speak is something 31 other head coaches do on the regular.

Whether it be their comments are limited because of tampering rules or speaking in vagaries when the team isn't set, this isn't something unique to Harbs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Nice, my first debate!

Both Brown and Pashos had two very good seasons for their new teams, I would say better, especially Pashos. Then they got hurt / declined. Brown quit his contract to become a farmer.

It can be argued that his rookie season was his best, but his 2015 season with Carolina has my vote. He stopped everyone until the Pathers ran into the Denver Bronco buzzsaw. To be fair, he had a forgettable year in Tennessee beforehand.

Grubbs paired with Jahri Evans for three years in New Orleans to form one of the best guard duos in recent memory. Every one of Rabach's six seasons in Washington were better than his best year in Baltimore. Mitchell -- ok you got me there, his 1999 season may have been his best, but most of his good seasons were in Carolina.

I'm pretty sure his best season was last year. By far.

Chester has been a starter for every game since leaving and never missed one. 96 for 96. And his grades have been worthy of starting.

-----

Now I will say this, in several cases what happened was the Ravens developed their guy, and by the end of his rookie contract he was ready to take the next step. It's just that it happened with another team.
    All of this seems to gloss over the fact that these players were signed by other teams in free agency due largely to their performance here in Baltimore.

Perhaps the focus should be on why Baltimore didn't retain them instead.

Plus you have to evaluate the surrounding talent on the OL while they were here in Baltimore compared to where they landed.

If they landed on a new OL equal or greater than the one they came from here, then of course you expect to see a performance boost, if that premise is even to be accepted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Pretty unfair to single out Harbs when this type of coach speak is something 31 other head coaches do on the regular.

Whether it be their comments are limited because of tampering rules or speaking in vagaries when the team isn't set, this isn't something unique to Harbs.
    This thread isn't about 31 other coaches. It's about Harbaugh. I know he can do no wrong in your eyes but not everyone feels that way

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    All of this seems to gloss over the fact that these players were signed by other teams in free agency due largely to their performance here in Baltimore.

Perhaps the focus should be on why Baltimore didn't retain them instead.
    Yes, perhaps. Probably because they've been pretty good at selecting OL in the draft, and they felt confident in replacing the departed. And in a number of cases that proved true.

Plus you have to evaluate the surrounding talent on the OL while they were here in Baltimore compared to where they landed.

If they landed on a new OL equal or greater than the one they came from here, then of course you expect to see a performance boost, if that premise is even to be accepted.
    ...which is the opposite of players leaving the Ravens defense to worse units and not doing as well. Which is part of the point I was trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This thread isn't about 31 other coaches. It's about Harbaugh. I know he can do no wrong in your eyes but not everyone feels that way
    I hit the mark it seems.

I've been critical of Harbs when it's warranted, most recently his decision to retain Marty and Pees.

Fact still remains that this is absolutely nothing out of the ordinary from the other HC's this time of year.

Bill O'Brien has been all over Houston talk radio, saying how thrilled he is with the current QB situation in Houston. He declined to comment on anything about Romo too.

God, he's such a liar. For once, I wish he would violate the tampering rules and gives us the real scoop.