Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Charles Harris DE/OLB Missouri

This is a guy I absolutely love and can't quite figure out why he's kind of flying under the radar. I know this years draft class is stacked with edge rushers, but he's a no brainer in the first round and many mocks have him as a 2nd rounder. With pass rush being an area of need, I would be more than happy to have this guy in round 1. But where's the love???

Re: Charles Harris DE/OLB Missouri

I think he's a talented guy and still could go in the first round but I don't he's worth The Ravens 16 overall pick. He would have to be little more complete as in my opinion for The Ravens to even consider taking him there and even if he does get drafted in the first I expect him to drafted later on like in late 20's or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    This is a guy I absolutely love and can't quite figure out why he's kind of flying under the radar. I know this years draft class is stacked with edge rushers, but he's a no brainer in the first round and many mocks have him as a 2nd rounder. With pass rush being an area of need, I would be more than happy to have this guy in round 1. But where's the love???
    Not completely under the radar. At least one man who makes his living covering sports -- Aaron Wilson, who covered the Ravens -- has us taking Harris at #16. That's just a single datum point, so make of it what you will.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

[QUOTE=houstonravensfan;1232721]Not completely under the radar. At least one man who makes his living covering sports

DeCosta has specifically mentioned Aaron Wilson as someone who used to find out a lot of the Ravens pre-draft visits when he covered the Ravens so Aaron definitely has/had some good sources. DeCosta also mentioned Charles Harris in a recent interview on br.com as an "intriguing" prospect to consider at 16. Sounds like he could be in the mix...

Blog Entries

I dont think Harris is under the radar.

I just don't think he would be the best choice at 16. He's athletic, but his tape shows someone that can't get off of blocks when OT's engage. If he gets a clean lane, he can do damage.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont think Harris is under the radar.

I just don't think he would be the best choice at 16. He's athletic, but his tape shows someone that can't get off of blocks when OT's engage. If he gets a clean lane, he can do damage.
    +1

Good player. Not good enough at 16.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Crabcakes & Football;1232780]
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Not completely under the radar. At least one man who makes his living covering sports

DeCosta has specifically mentioned Aaron Wilson as someone who used to find out a lot of the Ravens pre-draft visits when he covered the Ravens so Aaron definitely has/had some good sources. DeCosta also mentioned Charles Harris in a recent interview on br.com as an "intriguing" prospect to consider at 16. Sounds like he could be in the mix...
    And Aaron always seemed more genuine, that it wouldn't be surprising that he still has friends here, I'm not saying sports contacts, but people that he really likes and that like him and trust him enough to be a little less guarded ... knowing he is not going to burn them.

DeCosta is going to have good things to say about everybody ... especially at this time of year
    intriguing. 1. to arouse the curiosity or interest of by unusual, new, or otherwise fascinating or compelling qualities; appeal strongly to
    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/intrigue

But then again Decosta is a master of intrigue when it comes to the draft process
    noun
    9.the use of underhand machinations or deceitful stratagems.
    10.such a machination or stratagem or a series of them; a plot or crafty dealing:
    political intrigues.

I am not saying he is dishonest at all! That is the beauty of it all, he can be misleading as anything but and truthful in what he says, intriguing indeed
    Any player being talked about making it into the first round has got to be intriguing .... gotta love Eric
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Almost every mock draft that I see has Harris going from 14 to the end of the round. Nothing under the radar about that. My biggest issue with Harris is that he's as one dimentional as it gets. I could see him strictly as a situational pass rusher in the NFL. The Ravens tend to look for edge guys who aren't a complete liability against the run or in open space. Harris would probably be best suited to a 4-3 team where he would have less responsibility

Rxdoxx: Agreed. DeCosta isn't dishonest (at least, not that I've ever heard about him), just very sly/crafty. A bit of a jokester apparently. He and Ozzie love draft picks, so maybe his "intrigue" is the catalyst for a trade down leading to selecting Harris later in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Almost every mock draft that I see has Harris going from 14 to the end of the round. Nothing under the radar about that. My biggest issue with Harris is that he's as one dimentional as it gets. I could see him strictly as a situational pass rusher in the NFL. The Ravens tend to look for edge guys who aren't a complete liability against the run or in open space. Harris would probably be best suited to a 4-3 team where he would have less responsibility
    Its not hard to find mock drafts slotting harris into the second round. Like Dan Kadar this week.

I see Harris as a bottom of the 1st round top of the second round guy. Not worth it at 16.

I really didn't like his tape. He is out of control on his rushes. Ineffective against the run. Reports on his inability to take coaching make me think he won't pick it up (For example, Judon became much better against the run last year when he was coached to play more than just being a pass ursher).

I dont see him as more than a situational pass rusher. Not a 1st round talent in my mind.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I really didn't like his tape. He is out of control on his rushes. Ineffective against the run. Reports on his inability to take coaching make me think he won't pick it up (For example, Judon became much better against the run last year when he was coached to play more than just being a pass ursher).

I dont see him as more than a situational pass rusher. Not a 1st round talent in my mind.
    He's got a fab 'remind you of Freeney' spin move, but otherwise, agree with quote. Quite unproductive vs run. Seems 28-40 area to me.