Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Name a Player in the draft that makes the Defense Top 5 unit

I'll name 2 from the draft, the 2016 draft: Kaufusi and Correa

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Re: Name a Player in the draft that makes the Defense Top 5 unit

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    I'll name 2 from the draft, the 2016 draft: Kaufusi and Correa

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Also more optimistic about Judon than either of those two, considering Kaufusi will be a rookie and Correa showed nothing/probably isn't playing edge anymore.

I certainly haven't written either one off though.

Charles Harris, DE, Missouri provided he's the selection. Haason Reddick, LB, Temple would also be a REALLY nice pick.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I think a leap from Judon might be more likely than a huge impact from a rookie (I know his production wasn't any better than Zadarius's rookie year but he flashed a lot more potential to me), but we're basically one situational player away from being really fucking scary defensively.
    Judon has shown way more than Zadarius. He's slow and has no pass rush moves, no explosion, nothing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Next year? No one we're getting at #16. Even a top player like Khalil Mack went from 4 sacks as a rookie to 15 year 2. Almost the same this for Vic Beasley, 4 sacks as a rookie and 15.5 year 2. Not too many defensive rookies come in like Terrell Suggs. It takes a year. There are a lot of really good defensive prospects in this draft but look at them for their career not what they will be doing in 2017.
    That's so true. Noah Spence had 5.5 sacks as a rookie (2016). Alas he isn't ours, but could have been :( sigh... bc

Judon is going to be the next guy in the line of Kruger/McPhee types who make an impact as a situational rusher. We still need someone on the other side of him, and I'm concerned about Suggs's age and risk of injury. I don't know who's left at OLB in FA that's still feasible

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    That's so true. Noah Spence had 5.5 sacks as a rookie (2016). Alas he isn't ours, but could have been :( sigh... bc
    I always try to focus on who we did get and never who we didn't get, but that one still smarts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Judon is going to be the next guy in the line of Kruger/McPhee types who make an impact as a situational rusher. We still need someone on the other side of him, and I'm concerned about Suggs's age and risk of injury. I don't know who's left at OLB in FA that's still feasible
    I completely agree. Judon has some skills and he's a big guy. I'm expecting him to get better and better but we still need more pass rushers.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    That is a question one of our local media members should ask when given the opportunity to ask the Ravens front office questions. I have messaged that blow hard Jamison Henslely but never get a response.

Just in retrospect last year. (how do we pass up a Noah Spence, even a Myles Jack) and we draft Correa (Not downing the player) but why did they draft him? If they never envision this guy being big enough to play OLB? According to draft profiles he was best suited as an OLB in a 3-4 defense.

So why didn't he see the field when in training camp last year he was all the rage?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Interestingly enough, if you were to have visited the team's website following the 2015 draft you would have found a video clip of Dean Pees remarking to John Harbaugh at rookie camp/minicamp how Za'Darius Smith resembles Pernell McPhee. There was a kind of delightful surprise in his voice when he said something to the effect, "He even looks like McPhee."

Personally, I didn't and don't see the resemblance. I wonder if Pees came to see the differences and if he quickly tired of his new toy.

To answer the OP's question: Foster or Reddick.

I think it very difficult to have a top five defense if you your team is susceptible up the middle. A hole at ILB next to Mosley makes the team susceptible.

Fortunately most reports have one or both of those ILBs available to the Ravens at 16.

I think one of those two will be the Ravens choice. Why? Because the Ravens are closer to winning on defense than on offense; because drafting an edge rusher is tantamount to admitting that all of the ballyhoo surrounding last year's draft class pass rush prowess was unjustified; and because a GM and coach on hotseats can't wait to develop a player (say a WR from a small school) while leaving a obvious hole unfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Beasley is the key to the Falcons defense. He's by far the best defender on that team. I'm a big fan of Dion, wanted him here last year, and I like Neal but Beasley is the key.

The biggest need for the Ravens defense is a pass rusher. It's very tough to expect even an elite pass rusher to get double digit sacks as a rookie. They learn fast though and just like I pointed out with Mack and Beasley you can see a huge jump in year 2.
    Desmond Trufant (who did not play in the Super Bowl) says hello.